PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: DoT Dispell counters (Unpellable)

Bazia
12-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Seems like magic dots will randomly have a massive dispell counter.

Assuming that a magic dot is top slotted, if I dispell myself with nullify magic 50% of the time it will come off and the other 50% It will systematically strip every single one of my buffs until I have no buffs left and the same DoT still sitting there after eating like 10 dispell counters.

Nirgon
12-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Use a dispel with strength (9) for guaranteed results

Bazia
12-31-2014, 07:54 PM
even with recant its still an issue (i have 3 junk clicks) it often just skips the dot or debuff and strips my entire buff bar

Colgate
12-31-2014, 09:13 PM
could be a buff stack bug where it appears to be in slot 1 but it's actually bottom slotted

Bazia
01-02-2015, 04:42 AM
nope

Colgate
01-02-2015, 04:44 AM
sorry that you don't like classic mechanics then

necros were p much the best 1v1 class in the game

Bazia
01-02-2015, 04:46 AM
i just dont get why its not dispellable all the time when sometimes it is sometimes it isnt

Colgate
01-02-2015, 04:49 AM
i just dont get why its not dispellable all the time when sometimes it is sometimes it isnt

what

Smedy
01-02-2015, 09:30 AM
i sometimes experience issues pelling some dots too, sometimes they get removed first sometimes they don't get pelled and i zone and the dot moves from top to bottom, it's weird and i can't see any consistancy

Colgate
01-02-2015, 01:30 PM
i sometimes experience issues pelling some dots too, sometimes they get removed first sometimes they don't get pelled and i zone and the dot moves from top to bottom, it's weird and i can't see any consistancy

could be a buff stack bug where it appears to be in slot 1 but it's actually bottom slotted

Nirgon
01-02-2015, 03:51 PM
It isn't supposed to be consistent

You are using a weak dispel on a much higher level dot/debuff. I'll keep the immersive reasoning for this out.

It has a chance to but not always remove.

It will be a major shock I'm sure playing with classic mechanics vs your last 10 years experience on EQ Emu stock coded pell systems.

There's a very good reason I actually used annul magic over pumice fighting against necros/druids kunark thru velious :).

SamwiseRed
01-02-2015, 05:29 PM
anytime i zone with dots they go behind my buff stack despite always having an open slot or 2 in front :( it usually ends up with me having to dispell my whole stack of buffs in order to get it off or take the dot like a champ. i love the new dispelling but the necro dot thing moving places upon zoning has been a bug for awhile. halp.

Buhbuh
01-13-2015, 01:38 AM
i get my necro dots pelled first shot every time right now. seems like blind/ malo are far harder to pell than things like pyrocruor/ splurt/ vexing

Colgate
01-13-2015, 02:26 AM
malosini very often difficult to dispel

pyrocruour, which is a higher level spell, usually goes away in one attempt

Bazia
01-13-2015, 04:10 AM
i have issues dispelling vexing and soul well

they often require zoning to dispell

Technique
01-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Spell level is irrelevant. The number of counters a spell has is determined by the number of effects it has. A spell like pyrocruor, which has 1 effect, is going to be dispelled more reliably than malosini, which has 5.

seems like blind/ malo are far harder to pell
Blind shouldn't be dispellable in the first place, only curable.

Nirgon
01-13-2015, 12:11 PM
The changes he made for debuffs having twice the extra power and buffing higher spells landing more is a result of most of you guys screaming about how melees were just going to dominate everything. He does listen.

I think we're starting to just come to the conclusion that the stuff he made classic is good and custom stuff is going to be abused and not turn out so well. I can't fault him for his intentions, nor can I fault players for going for the strongest strategy classic or not (bard speed + malosini hur hur hur).

When he's ready for another major coding stint (like the huge one he just did...) I'm ready to go back through all the spell resists on beta and do a write up that ya'll can completely pick apart and tell me how bad classic EQ is etc... meanwhile playing it 20 hours a day in some cases, hating everything custom and loving the classic parts HEH

As far as doing the write up we've had some time with the current system, and we'll have some more

We'll target the major stuff and offer up appropriate values and guess what

Haynar can actually handle making these complex changes and... like I said... listens to us!

Nirgon
01-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Find us someone else who get AC working in pvp and has code changes instantly approved

I'll wait

PS: he mentioned twice I think he has code changes ready to go for all this stuff we're complaining about and we're just waiting on a patch. Probably doesn't feel like repeating himself every day.

Crazycloud
01-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Not mad at hayner he tried something and it didn't work out.

Does suck you gotta wait 6 months for a patch tho. Hayner makes the changes quick but patches take 4 yrs to hit :(

vouss
01-14-2015, 09:33 PM
custom99 baby for your un-classic experience

Guido
01-15-2015, 12:39 PM
confirmed true

tried to pell the malo line when top slotted, and all the time it takes off the remaining buffs.

NEEDS FIX

Technique
01-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Use a dispel with strength (9) for guaranteed results

Nirgon
01-15-2015, 02:24 PM
Malosini is a real peach.... overwrites resist fire or elemental armor

What happens if you have resist fire and bobbing corpse on.. does it just rewrite whatever is first in buff stack?

Mac Drettj
01-15-2015, 03:10 PM
confirmed true

tried to pell the malo line when top slotted, and all the time it takes off the remaining buffs.

NEEDS FIX

bet u had fire resist at slot 12 and the buff stack bug happened

malo overwrote FR at slot 12

zone over next time

yw

still broken

SamwiseRed
01-17-2015, 08:42 PM
anytime i zone while doted all dots go from the front of my buff stack to the back. ouch.

derpcake
01-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Complaining is certain to help.