PDA

View Full Version : Spells: PvP Resists are so bad right now

Sektor
01-06-2015, 11:02 AM
I shouldn't be able to be chain mezed/rooted by an enchanter landing 100% of the time, the server isn't even fun anymore, for the love of god fix this shit.

Agatha
01-06-2015, 12:51 PM
sektor, me and you have been on this server long enough to know that game breaking patches stay for atleast 6 months. it's only been a month. 5 more months to go, relax.

Nirgon
01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
love yall 2 minus the slander

Haynar has the code ready from my readins, just waiting on a patch day

Maybe focus on improving the population for a lil until the tweaks go in... more targets / pals?

Norrath is a big world with lots to do... especially when it comes to building the red community

Agatha
01-06-2015, 01:29 PM
i have done everything in norrath short of pvp over dragons on red99.

derpcake
01-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Resists aren't gamebreaking, they are unbalanced.

Game balance has shifted, was it ever classic here?

Wasn't classic with the huge melee hitboxes, isn't classic with current resists, won't be classic ever, and even if it ever gets classic 100%, it still won't be balanced.

Looking forward to next balance shift! Its just fun to me :)

SamwiseRed
01-06-2015, 06:37 PM
resists are so broke that melees are still pvping and getting YT. so broke man, so broke.

heartbrand
01-06-2015, 10:39 PM
I support the resists

Smedy
01-07-2015, 03:55 AM
tweaking is needed, the fact that tash then blind is a thing when you're running around with 170 mr seems really unclassic to me, i can't remember being blinded ever except by the blinding whip which was op as fuck (poison based blind)

once the shit where higher level spells have a better chance to land + the 100% boost to debuff gets taken out i'm pretty sure the resists are perfect

when is melees going to loose their channeling abilities? It's very unclassic to be able to channel shit with a melee who don't even get channeling skill.

Colgate
01-07-2015, 04:06 AM
i really don't understand why people keep on posting about this when haynar has said 30x that he's fixed it and is waiting on rogaine to patch the server

SamwiseRed
01-07-2015, 04:13 AM
i really don't understand why people keep on posting about this when haynar has said 30x that he's fixed it and is waiting on rogaine to patch the server

gobletsmashing
01-07-2015, 09:23 AM
I kind-of want them to fix this just because I am a chanter - I play a chanter because I like it and I'm good at it - hopefully when they fix this, the chanter-hype will end and everyone will reroll as a ranger/rogue again.

derpcake
01-07-2015, 10:20 AM

I'm pretty entirely positive you have the experience to understand exactly why.

Widan
01-07-2015, 01:16 PM

Because it's so game breaking there should be an emergency patch. People are using blind in level 60 geared PvP.

Colgate
01-07-2015, 01:28 PM
i assure you, the pvp on this server has been in far worse states for far longer times

this isn't anywhere close to as bad as the trak teeth, instant golem wands, highsun, 18 second tstaff/skean/windstriker, unlimited range pillar, root landing at 200 MR, etc. era that we went through for like 9 months

Nirgon
01-07-2015, 01:50 PM
161mr hit by Malosini, all my resists went to like 40 =)

I think the little extra chance for shit to land like breath of ro might be cool as a custom thing but other spells like fetter / malosini naw.

That said, no custom stuff! Even if it comes from well wishes (it did).

People were saying before doom and gloom style that no more non-lure nukes at 160 resists will kill casters off completely... or lures only for wizards would make them completely useless. Well, with the proper hitbox adjustments... its all lookin' pretty square. L2 to cast dispels or malo/tash if you're making a caster pvp group... lots of people have and are seeing the results.

If we can rid ourselves of Z-axis and line of sight being used in melee/spell casts in pvp (this is actually incredibly important for balance imo) + the malosini / blind shite.. we're pretty damn classic.

There's others shit like chaotic feedback/shock of lightning but that's really about it. Rest would be super nit picky.

daasgoot
01-07-2015, 07:31 PM
i understand current resists are not classic etc but.

malosini still gets resisted ALOT against geared people.

root after malosini still gets resisted often against geared people.

any good player i encounter makes sure those spells land top slotted and pumices that shit right off and starts beating on me again.

again, i understand the non-classicness of it. however, i don't think its as game breaking as bad players make it out to be.

Bazia
01-08-2015, 12:11 AM
Please for the love of H fix the first gem spell refresh

makes wizards insane

Drakaris
01-08-2015, 12:23 AM
i understand current resists are not classic etc but.

malosini still gets resisted ALOT against geared people.

root after malosini still gets resisted often against geared people.

any good player i encounter makes sure those spells land top slotted and pumices that shit right off and starts beating on me again.

again, i understand the non-classicness of it. however, i don't think its as game breaking as bad players make it out to be.

makes wizards insane

Ahh the little gank duo trying to water down how imba malosini/tash combo is... resist cap is 255; a character I had at 232 MR that got tash and malosini applied to it make the character chain rootable/blindable... when malo is able to stack with malosini (if it is not able to already) it will put someone from max 255 MR to a negative MR value when stacking with tash and malosini...

Malosini should be resisted as often as it is (if not more resistable), since there is an unresistable version of the spell (Malo) that should be used that isn't being used in pvp due to the ease of malosini landing and the insane -120 MR modifier it applies...

Colgate
01-08-2015, 03:28 AM

makes wizards insane

it's classic, p sure it should refresh all gems actually

also i wouldn't even place wizards in top 5 atm

Bazia
01-08-2015, 04:44 AM
then make it all gems or w/e 1 gem is specifically OP to wizard nukes

LostCause
01-08-2015, 07:34 AM
i already posted about that long time ago.

Sear
01-27-2015, 10:24 PM
bump

malosini:

1.) actually lands
2.) does way more than it's supposed to

Obv neither of these things are classic.

Shaman Malo would land on live. It was OP, but people put up with it. This is sorta like that except way worse.

Why did these spells get changed? Was it something intended?

Buhbuh
01-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Poisons are massively OP atm as well.

Need a massive nerf.

Smedy
01-28-2015, 05:48 AM
i think everything is just pending on a rogean patch atm, lets all hope for the best

Nirgon
01-28-2015, 11:50 AM

Need a massive nerf.

Gotta pray to the channeling gods on a cure pot

Not classic if you are a pure melee but whateva (scum pure melee should have not have channeling AND melee discs)

derpcake
01-28-2015, 01:16 PM

Need a massive nerf.

Good description of issue, solid proof from independent and reliable sources, A+ post.

Amazing server not down for hotfix yet.

Not classic if you are a pure melee but whateva (scum pure melee should have not have channeling AND melee discs)

Its pretty funny when melee complain that caster channeling is too high, while conveniently ignoring their own channeling skills.

Bodybagger
01-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Because it's so game breaking there should be an emergency patch. People are using blind in level 60 geared PvP.

...but wrecking blinded twinks is really awesome :D

Grimjaw
01-28-2015, 02:12 PM
seeing as how drastic the changes are each patch, and given the fact that theres 3 patches a year, we might have resists ironed out by next decade.

Nirgon
01-28-2015, 02:36 PM
It's gonna be the best 40th birthday present ever