PDA

View Full Version : How is the server for a new player?

madhatta317
01-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Hello! I was very active on EQ from around Kunark-PoP. (Torvonillous server represent!) I never had a max level toon or raided, but I loved the social aspect of leveling and grouping and exploring the world. WoW has managed to kill that feeling of exploration and socializing by just sitting in my city and queuing for a dungeon.

So how is this server for a new comer coming to join. Are the leveling zones pretty populated and is it easy to find a group?

iruinedyourday
01-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Yes, if you love classic eq.. this is heaven in a box.

rictus204
01-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Leveling up and making friends is for sure the best time you will have on this server.

Jimjam
01-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Levelling up new characters is excellent fun (unless you are the jealous kind that gets sadfaced by other people twinking).

kunarking
01-11-2015, 12:03 AM
there is people everywhere bud. i dont solo at all..

captnamazing
01-11-2015, 12:12 AM
it's awesome! make some friends and have a blast!

NatPagle
01-11-2015, 01:42 AM
I am a new player as well. I am having a blast soloing. People run by and buff you, people are dropping equipment upgrades on me all the time. East Commons Tunnel is hopping with traffic.

Clark
01-11-2015, 02:57 AM
Easiest time to join. Items are extremely cheap, and tons of folks give out free stuff is a lot different from live in that regard. Folks buff more than on live too imo. Stay in the EC tunnel hub area 1-20 (ec/wc/nro/oasis crocs) to take advantage of lots of tunnel buffs too. Makes up for lack of gear.

wycca
01-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Some zones are unpopular and don't have people in them hardly for pick-up groups. Nevertheless, short of adding 1-1.5k more people to the server 1-50 in order to fill up some zones, it's a great experience. Crushbone, Unrest, MM are incredibly popular, as is the area of EC/Oasis/etc.

Kushie
01-11-2015, 01:18 PM
This server is very new player friendly. You can't make a naked alt without someone running by and giving you gear. Leveling is the best part of p99.

Randy
01-11-2015, 01:27 PM
There is usually one or two zones per about 5 level gap that people frequent up to 50. So you're kind of stuck to those zone unless you want to make groups of your own. If you have the time you can usually recruit people to go anywhere.

Lune
01-11-2015, 02:53 PM
So good I gave away everything I owned and did it over again, several times.

Swish
01-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Leveling is the best part of p99.

Spud
01-12-2015, 12:37 AM
Leveling is the best part of Everquest (imo)

Whirled
01-12-2015, 10:08 AM
there is people everywhere bud. i dont solo at all..

Clearly this man does not play a wizard:D

madhatta317
01-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Awesome I'm excited to start back up soon! Debating to play Bard, Chanter, or Wizard

Polyphemous
01-17-2015, 09:23 PM
I second what everyone has said about how great this server is for leveling up, and the ease of finding groups in most dungeons.

I'd recommend not playing a wizard though. You get lots of free gear from people because gear is plentiful, which means every melee is twinked all to hell while wizards are still using the same spells causing the same damage. Wizards are arguably a good raid class now, but in velious it becomes all about sustained melee dps.

I see wizards getting groups occasionally, so if you really have your heart set on it go for it, but don't say you weren't warned about it being an uphill battle to find a group. Enchanters seem really rare at low-mid levels, and very common at high levels due to their ease of soloing and ability to farm high end loot. On my new alt it seems like we are always struggling to find an enchanter, often just to run up and /beg for clarity if they are already in a lucky group.