PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Quest

Rogean
09-20-2010, 02:41 AM
I have written a new multi-quest (MQ) template to be used for NPC item quest scripts. Currently I have only applied it to Hasten Bootstrutter (Journeyman Boots) as it requires rewriting the script for any NPC we want to use it on.

The MQ system is based on how we thought it worked on live; each item handed to an item is handled seperately, either completing the requirements for a reward or not. Upon the last item being handed in, the reward is given to that player.

With this in place, Hasten will now accept a ring from one player and then a Rapier and gold from a different player and reward that player with the boots. This is currently live right now, only for Hasten.

I'll see about adding it to other popular quests, but wanted to get feedback on how this one works out. I know some of you out there are hiding some ancient rings.

Let me know which popular quests you guys think should be reworked for this, and provided this script works out ok, we will try to implement in future quests for Kunark and Epics, and so on.

Gorgetrapper
09-20-2010, 02:43 AM
I love that you guys are able to do this, I just hate that now things are going to be camped more than they already are. But that's just another way for people to make money, just like selling droppable shit. Keep up the good work!

Qaedain
09-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Temple of Sol Ro quests.

Rogean
09-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Temple of Sol Ro quests.

Specifics usually help, I'm not digging through an entire zone like soltemple for all quests that require 2+ items.

Pyrocat
09-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Epics.

Hollllllllerrrrrr

p.s. amazing fucking work, I never expected to see quests MQ-able on an emu server.

Qaedain
09-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Specifics usually help, I'm not digging through an entire zone like soltemple for all quests that require 2+ items.

A good start would be the class armors. All of them require a no drop component. If I am not mistaken, every other class quest except the Mage focus items also require no drop items. None of the Sol Temple quests use just one drop, either, unless I am overlooking something.

RKromwell
09-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Hummmm...this will be interesting. So what would you pay for an AC Ring?

How much will you pay for your epic? Guilds are going to lock those down and make anyone not in the guild pay out the nose for it. I can feel it.

Nocte
09-20-2010, 03:31 AM
You may want to clarify the differences between the process of multi-questing and the program MacroQuest (which commonly abbreviates to 'MQ') in your sticky somewhere. It would be unfortunate if someone misunderstood what was being implemented and Googled 'MQ' only to get banned.

I know it's probably unlikely, but better to err on the side of caution, right?

Crampers
09-20-2010, 03:58 AM
I am just wondering what would happen if someone handed in the wrong combination for a quest, and someone came along to hand in a new combination? For example:

Soandso hands in Ring and a sword - Obviously this guy was a moron, and didn't read the quest and didn't hand the right weapon or coin. Is the NPC now expecting a Rapier from the next person?

Nextguy comes along 2 minutes later and hands in Ring - Is doing an MQ with Toolazy.

Toolazy hands in Rapier and Gold. Does this mean Toolazy will get the JBoots?

Hasten was expecting a Rapier and Gold to complete the original MQ. He recieved another ring. Does the case for this restart a new MQ opportunity, or effectively failing the first hand in by Soandso?

Usually time restrictions dealt with this, do we currently have any implemented?

I should say good job though Rogean, thanks for implementing this! :)

Rogean
09-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Soandso hands in Ring and a sword - Obviously this guy was a moron, and didn't read the quest and didn't hand the right weapon or coin. Is the NPC now expecting a Rapier from the next person?

Correct.

Nextguy comes along 2 minutes later and hands in Ring - Is doing an MQ with Toolazy.

The NPC is now holding two rings and 3250 Gold in his temporary quest usage pool.

Toolazy hands in Rapier and Gold. Does this mean Toolazy will get the JBoots?

Yup.

Hasten was expecting a Rapier and Gold to complete the original MQ. He recieved another ring. Does the case for this restart a new MQ opportunity, or effectively failing the first hand in by Soandso?

After Toolazy hands in the Rapier and Gold, the NPC adds both to it's temporary pool. It then does a reward check.. If in his temporary pool there exists (1) Ring, (1) Rapier, (3250) Gold, those items are 'removed' from his pool, and a reward is given.

That means at one point he will have (2) Rings, (1) Rapiers, and (6500) Gold. However it will do the reward check when the last item needed to complete a reward is given, he will consume the needed items from his pool, and be left over with 1 Ring and 3250 Gold in his temporary pool.

Rogean
09-20-2010, 04:16 AM
After Toolazy hands in the Rapier and Gold, the NPC adds both to it's temporary pool. It then does a reward check..

Actually, technically it does a reward check for each coin and item given. Also, technically, coin is processed before items.

This means, before Toolazy hands those items in, the NPC has 3250 Gold, 2 Rings, and 0 Rapiers.

It processes the gold. He now has 6500 Gold, 2 Rings, and 0 Rapiers in his pool.

It processes the rapier. He now has 6500 Gold, 2 Rings, and 1 Rapier. This meets the requirements for what he needs. He reduces the pool by 3250 Gold, 1 Ring, 1 Rapier, and gives Toolazy (The person to 'trigger' a reward) the boots.

Rogean
09-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Usually time restrictions dealt with this, do we currently have any implemented?

I did consider this when I implimented it, however I believe there was no time limit on live as well. Although it would be hard to come up with any evidence as to either way, but I don't see any reason they would have had a time limit restriction for it on live; it was essentially the result of a system working incorrectly that became a feature of the game.

Rogean
09-20-2010, 04:20 AM
The next thing I know people are thinking based on responses above..

What happens if someone gives 3250 Gold and 1 Rapier to Hasten.

Then a second player comes by to do a multiquest with Player 3. He gives the ring thinking hasten will still need 3250 Gold and 1 Rapier from Player 3. Unbeknown to Player 2 that Player 1 had already given Hasten what Player 3 was going to, Hasten gives Player 2 the jboots.

Unfortunately I'm fairly certain this is the way it worked on live.

Taluvill
09-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Nevermind. Edited it out.

Crampers
09-20-2010, 05:03 AM
The next thing I know people are thinking based on responses above..

What happens if someone gives 3250 Gold and 1 Rapier to Hasten.

Then a second player comes by to do a multiquest with Player 3. He gives the ring thinking hasten will still need 3250 Gold and 1 Rapier from Player 3. Unbeknown to Player 2 that Player 1 had already given Hasten what Player 3 was going to, Hasten gives Player 2 the jboots.

Unfortunately I'm fairly certain this is the way it worked on live.

Yes, thinking about it, this would be the case. The whole temporary item database must have existed, as you can hand in items in any order (in the same window). Now what is interesting is quests such as Crushbone belts, Which have a message like "Brilliant, now wheres the other one?" - suggesting you could hand one in at a time (at one stage in EQ Lives history), but only recieve on the second. Which, effectively means MQing was around for a long time - if there was no character check.

Originally in the past I've always thought of there as being one 'dominant' item that could be MQ'd. But if I remember correctly, a lot of the monk epic can be MQ'd, with multiple people handing in stuff at the same time. So, what you are saying Rogean must of been correct.

Now the million dollar question is whether there was ever a time allowance for these 'temporary item databases' in which they would be cleared? I guess we will only know if people have examples of going LD during an MQ, coming back and it not working?

ziggyholiday
09-20-2010, 06:30 AM
A good start would be the class armors. All of them require a no drop component.

Crafted bracer does not require a no drop item.

But yes, most class armor does require a no drop.

guineapig
09-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Looks like I might have to change my quote...

:p

guineapig
09-20-2010, 07:03 AM
There is no need to MQ all the class armors. Rogue, SK, Paly, Bard, shaman and Warrior quest armors are all tradable. It's only the int caster quests that result in no drop items.

Puyen
09-20-2010, 07:04 AM
I would expect an item decay on the npc so that if all items are not turned in within a reasonable time then they disappear. I know I would be pissed if I brought someone to help mq an item and he got it instead of me because of some previous player failing to complete the turn ins.

Rogean
09-20-2010, 07:09 AM
I would expect an item decay on the npc so that if all items are not turned in within a reasonable time then they disappear. I know I would be pissed if I brought someone to help mq an item and he got it instead of me because of some previous player failing to complete the turn ins.

The fact is I'm only going to code it that way if that's how it worked on live.

Omnimorph
09-20-2010, 08:13 AM
MQing always has inherent risks... at least this way would offer a chance to MQ it successfully.

At least this means Kedge robes can go to casters and then be used for the rogues later :D happy rogues, happy casters!

skaryjeff
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM
i remember using this to get greenmist for my shadowknight. i had a friend that did it already hand in the mirror from drusilla (if i remember correctly you could use the mirror twice before it cracked). also on the first iksar shadowknight class weapon quest, if you had lost your original weapon and wanted to restart the quest chain, you could get a bag from the guy and get all the sarnak heads. then log onto a newbie iksar, turn in the newbie sword, then quickly log back in to your main sk and turn in the bag and it would give you the reward.

Ravhin
09-20-2010, 11:29 AM

I remember reading through some posts on Alla discussing this re: the Sebilis key. The conclusion was that the "temporary quest table" for NPCs never reset (only on server restart) and that knowing which items were in the pool already, and thus possibly going to mess up your MQ attempt, was impossible. So I think the current approach is the correct one.

jyaku
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM
could you put in a way to ask him what he is waiting for, like a special phrase or something?

Japan
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I remember reading through some posts on Alla discussing this re: the Sebilis key. The conclusion was that the "temporary quest table" for NPCs never reset (only on server restart) and that knowing which items were in the pool already, and thus possibly going to mess up your MQ attempt, was impossible. So I think the current approach is the correct one.

Can't source it, but this is exactly right. Of course, quest table did reset if NPC was killed and respawned. MQing was inherently dangerous because once someone fucked one MQ attempt up via ineptitude, there was a strong possibility the next attempt would be boned (with the person selling the MQ accidentally completing it). I'll vouch for that part of this system.

I cannot vouch, though, that a NPC could maintain a pool of multiple items with the same ID across reward deliveries as Rogaine has coded. My memory says an NPC's item table for a particular quest would reset completely when that quest was completed. (Ex: I hand in 3 deathfist belts in one turnin and receive no reward. I hand in 3 in a separate trade and am granted reward for having turned in 4. If I turn in 2 more I do NOT receive reward, as the item table was reset completely when I was rewarded.)

If there's a source to the contrary stick it in my eye, but as-is I'm not totally convinced P99's proposed system is authentic. Certainly, NPCs could not determine the difference between stackable items (stack of 20 was treated as equal to one individual item), so it seems even less likely that NPCs on live could remember a quantity of stacked item and subtract only the correct amount required by the quest from the temporary item pool upon rewarding a player.

Point being that on live, it is my belief that while one flubbed MQ attempt could fuck up the next single MQ attempt, one bad MQ attempt could not create a chain-reaction of premature completions.

Uthgaard
09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
They did not "support" multiquesting.

If someone handed in halfway incorrect items, and someone came along and handed in all of the items required to complete the quest, the net result is the player would wind up with the quest item, and the npc would be right back where he started with the same items in his pool.

If someone handed in halfway incorrect items, and two players came along attempting to MQ, depending who had what item and what items had already been handed in to the npc, you ran the risk of winding up with the MQ going to the unintended person.

In the latter case, you'd be SOL, because they did not "support" multiquesting.

Raavak
09-20-2010, 04:32 PM
If not all quest npc's will support MQ are you going to somehow flag the ones that do?

And Darkforge SK quest armor had the nodrop part from CT, so unless that has changed those quests could use MQ.

Evilmog
09-20-2010, 05:49 PM
I looked through most of these and may have over looked a reply on the whole item decay thing, but I know on live you had plenty of time to camp out and load up a different toon and turn in the last item for a quest, so like 1 min for that. I also know this works even if the toon finishing the quest was camped a few zones away, which could be from 5-10 mins.

Anything past a 10 minute limit I can neither confirm nor deny :)

Ravhin
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
I cannot vouch, though, that a NPC could maintain a pool of multiple items with the same ID across reward deliveries as Rogaine has coded. My memory says an NPC's item table for a particular quest would reset completely when that quest was completed.

Indeed this might have been the case, should be looked into. I haven't played live since Velious, can you still MQ? If so, should be fairly easy to test.

BERZERK88
09-20-2010, 08:56 PM
The idol for robe of the lost circle would be nice to be mqable

Noleafclover
09-21-2010, 06:03 AM
So if someone wants to be a dick, they could give hasten 3250 gold and a rapier?

(and the person trying to MQ would make jboots for themselves ?)

Rogean
09-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes, but then that was always the case on live. You take a risk doing MQ.

Puyen
09-21-2010, 07:10 AM
Yes, but then that was always the case on live. You take a risk doing MQ.

So making the turn ins on your own with all pieces would guarantee that you get the quest reward even if others turned in part of the quest? The only up side would be if I turned in the last piece and it just so happened that was all I needed because of the items the npc already has?

Rogean
09-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Yes no matter what happened before if you turn in all the items you will get the reward.

Eyry
09-21-2010, 08:33 AM
So it would probably be best to hand in one item at a time. That way you could benefit from someone screwing up the quest!

Zordana
09-21-2010, 09:43 AM
I have written a new multi-quest (MQ) template to be used for NPC item quest scripts. Currently I have only applied it to Hasten Bootstrutter (Journeyman Boots) as it requires rewriting the script for any NPC we want to use it on.

The MQ system is based on how we thought it worked on live; each item handed to an item is handled seperately, either completing the requirements for a reward or not. Upon the last item being handed in, the reward is given to that player.

With this in place, Hasten will now accept a ring from one player and then a Rapier and gold from a different player and reward that player with the boots. This is currently live right now, only for Hasten.

I'll see about adding it to other popular quests, but wanted to get feedback on how this one works out. I know some of you out there are hiding some ancient rings.

Let me know which popular quests you guys think should be reworked for this, and provided this script works out ok, we will try to implement in future quests for Kunark and Epics, and so on.

uh god this is awesome!! thank you!

Raavak
09-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Great, jboot camps just got 2x more crowded (at least in OOT).

JackFlash
09-21-2010, 11:32 AM
I would like to see this implemented for the wizard quest: Staff of Temperate flux. For me, the item was obtainable way earlier on live due to population and game mechanics.

Gorgetrapper
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
For a suggestion, please add the Testament of Vanear to this MQ'able list.

pecete
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Been trying to camp AC in OOT and South ro, after beeing waiting for 6 hours plus camper got AC and then called a friend to replace him, wait again 4 hours and same thing, great, now all high level will be rdy for camping AC for lowbees, or selling AC ring in MQ. I am not very happy, sorry to say, I prefer the no MQ, all people had a chance when able to kill AC

Dantes
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Meh. Never had to MQ for anything during live.

Fix those dark spots on my plate graphics. :D

Puyen
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
It does give lower levels access to items they normally wouldn't have

Uthgaard
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
For a suggestion, please add the Testament of Vanear to this MQ'able list.

Multiquesting only works for quests where >1 item is handed in. The testament of Vanear is two items combined in a container.

Bagzan
09-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Inspired by the MQ insurance thread in EC tunnel: Does Hasten's temporary quest usage pool reset when he despawns?

Bubbles
09-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Been trying to camp AC in OOT and South ro, after beeing waiting for 6 hours plus camper got AC and then called a friend to replace him, wait again 4 hours and same thing, great, now all high level will be rdy for camping AC for lowbees, or selling AC ring in MQ. I am not very happy, sorry to say, I prefer the no MQ, all people had a chance when able to kill AC

Already seeing "WTT MQ on Jboot ring for Yak" in EC.

No good dev deed on this server goes unpunished by player greed. :)

joel.popick
09-25-2010, 12:46 AM
phinny part of the bard epic quest as well as robe of the kedge for rogue epic.

Kender
09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
phinny part of the bard epic quest as well as robe of the kedge for rogue epic.

there are no epic quests yet

Blancah
09-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Robe of the Lost Circle... I know some people would rather pay than camp Raster for sure.

Rusttic77
09-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I was wondering if the rogue quest for the "Burning Rapier" could be MQ'able .... Holla back !

Nunedawg
10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Hey Rogean; Ive noticed that the beginners quests arent even up yet for classic. IE-The unholy set for necros or spurned initiate for mag/ench/wiz/ this is all in Neriak of course. But are all newbie quests down? Cause I know about 3-4 of your customers "unfortunately me too" who would be leaving if almost all of the newbie quests 1-20, including bandit sashes in karanas and white bear pelts in halas were down!
Now dont get me wrong! Im not fully informed about all the newbie quests and to what level you have completed them, but it seems prudent "in order to encourage a new player influx" to start with the newbie quests then work your way up before engaging in your kunark work?
Anyhow im interested in hearing what you have to say about it and let me know how much of the newb zones you have completed. My two chars are in neriak and halas. I appreciate all you guys have done and are doing!
The NuneDawg

ShivanAngel
10-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Those armor quests are not classic.

They were put in a few years later as a way for younger players to gear up.

nilbog
10-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey Rogean; Ive noticed that the beginners quests arent even up yet for classic. IE-The unholy set for necros or spurned initiate for mag/ench/wiz/ this is all in Neriak of course. But are all newbie quests down? Cause I know about 3-4 of your customers "unfortunately me too" who would be leaving if almost all of the newbie quests 1-20, including bandit sashes in karanas and white bear pelts in halas were down!
Now dont get me wrong! Im not fully informed about all the newbie quests and to what level you have completed them, but it seems prudent "in order to encourage a new player influx" to start with the newbie quests then work your way up before engaging in your kunark work?
Anyhow im interested in hearing what you have to say about it and let me know how much of the newb zones you have completed. My two chars are in neriak and halas. I appreciate all you guys have done and are doing!
The NuneDawg

Firstly, Rogean doesn't manage content. I do.

The newbie armor to which you refer.. is from an era which is past the scope of this project. The class specific newbie armor sets, and the time period around them are the reason I started this server. They will never be implemented. Bandit sashes and bear pelts? Apples and oranges in comparison to class based armor sets. Go look it up and see if it should exist prior to 2000. If it should, it most likely does. If it doesn't, report it as a bug.

So you claim... you and some other "customers" are gonna leave without these quests, and that we should be working on them instead of Kunark. I'm letting you know in advance, you are not customers, and I don't care. Do some reading on our forums.. and then about classic Everquest, please.

Hope you find what you need.

Nunedawg
10-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Well im glad to get an answer on the subject that it wont be implemented. Ill take a look and see if the white bear pelt/sashes-content is pre 2000. As to apples and oranges the oranges were about the low level quests "not class specific but zone specific" and if they were implemented or not.
Please dont take it as anything more than constructive criticism or me trying to inform you. I was simply curious after reading the forums for a few hours and not finding an answer. I know your going by an era based standard "pre 2000". Although Eq was an undisputed GRINDHOUSE level wise, it was the small turn in quests that made the game/grind really entertaining.
Again I appreciate all you guys are doing! Thank you for your prompt reply.

Maneuk
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
coz you had to be tough to be a mage in erudin, no newbie armor quests, except for some heavy, but nice black gloves. Just made you tougher, better, not so armor dependent but skill dependent ythose youngsters have it so easy these days on live- pah (hehehe- buahahaha!)

Braveguard
10-08-2010, 07:57 AM
MQ is evil. Just promotes farming.

Thac0
10-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Let me know which popular quests you guys think should be reworked for this, and provided this script works out ok, we will try to implement in future quests for Kunark and Epics, and so on.The Shield of the Devout would be a nice candidate for the MQ code as would many of the Temple of Solusek Ro quest that yield no drop items.

@Nunedawg
Alot of the newbie quest you are refering to have the "Recommended level" which was NOT a feature in classic. So if you remember an item and look it up on someplace like allakhazam's and it says those words on it, it isnt a classic item.

example
Newbie Cleric BP from Freeport. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12039

Not classic. Hope this helps in the future for determining which quest item is classic and which ones are not.

Puyen
10-09-2010, 09:39 AM
MQ is evil. Just promotes farming.

As we all have seen lately with the damn jboots

Zobex
10-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Has anyone made a request to have "Monks of the Whistling Fist" MQ'able? having the book and the idol on that list would help tons. Especially "The Idol" since it's an extremely annoying spawn =)

sgallaty
10-18-2010, 04:49 PM

Negative.

How it worked on live is that items given to the npc were held in the npc's general inventory (you can test this by killing a quest npc before turning in all the items - those items can be retrieved)

I am fairly 100% certain that there were no 'time limits' other than zone resets (which sometimes happened because of stuck mobs or zone crashes) - OR some quest mobs which had timed spawns - can't think of any at the moment but I know that some did spawn/despawn.

You can deal with the shadowed man rapier by making a newb and having him loot the rapier, escort him to bootstrutter's path and letting him die there with consent to you, or dueling and not looting it, (or eating exp and dying with the rapier on you - deliberately or otherwise)

that way you can pick the rapier up when you have bootstrutter held stopped in chat.

Zanti
10-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Does anyone else remember handing quest npcs 1 copper before doing turn ins to "clear" their inventories? Maybe handing in unrelated items to clear any previous MQ attempts was just a often heard myth on my server.

Zarcath
11-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Has anyone made a request to have "Monks of the Whistling Fist" MQ'able? having the book and the idol on that list would help tons. Especially "The Idol" since it's an extremely annoying spawn =)

Please add Robe of the Lost Circle as MQable so I can sell my extra Book and Idol

Hasbinbad
11-07-2010, 11:32 AM
this was prolly checked once a week via updates.. items definitely wouldnt stay in inventory longer than a week for this reason. Ergo I suggest a 1 week decay timer to emulate the effect of the updates as they were on live.

warrioman
11-07-2010, 03:42 PM
What if somebody comes along and kills hasten while he has all but 1 of the necessary items. Will he drop the items he is holding in his temporary storage?

twill713
01-12-2011, 03:13 AM
If possible can you add this to the Plane Of Sky... specifically i'm looking for it to be added to:

Warrior Test of Skill
quest giver : Falorn
items are : Ivory Tessera , Small Ruby , Azure Ring

Reward is: Azure Ruby Ring

dali_lb
01-17-2011, 05:22 AM
If it was no big problem to add the MQ to hasten, wouldn't it be possible to add it to most turn in quests, even its just grinding quests ?

I remember the feeling "weeee" when you turned in bonechips in the beginning of the game and found out someone had turned in 3 and you got a free patchwork armor for only 1 bonechip ... :cool:

Rogean
01-17-2011, 05:29 AM
If it was no big problem to add the MQ to hasten, wouldn't it be possible to add it to most turn in quests, even its just grinding quests ?

I remember the feeling "weeee" when you turned in bonechips in the beginning of the game and found out someone had turned in 3 and you got a free patchwork armor for only 1 bonechip ... :cool:

We're talking thousands of scripts here... Do you want to do the work of going through every item turn in quest in the game to rewrite it adding the functionality? We have other important things to work on ;)

Tovin
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Has anyone made a request to have "Monks of the Whistling Fist" MQ'able? having the book and the idol on that list would help tons. Especially "The Idol" since it's an extremely annoying spawn =)Correct me if I'm wrong, but the intent is to mimic the MQable quests that were on Classic? I play a monk so this would be incredibly beneficial to me -- but I'm 100% sure that both The Idol and Code of Zan Fi were not MQable on classic.

Mardur
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't sweat it Rogean, the less MQable quests the better. Jboots have turned into a plat camp, making it a very long wait for anyone who actually needs to camp the AC for the boots themselves. This is one classic feature that we can definitely go without. The implications of opening up multi-questing to other quests aren't worth the effort. For example, the entire shaman epic was MQable on live, and people actually sold MQs of the epic.

Kender
01-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the intent is to mimic the MQable quests that were on Classic? I play a monk so this would be incredibly beneficial to me -- but I'm 100% sure that both The Idol and Code of Zan Fi were not MQable on classic.

every single quest that had multi item turn ins was MQ able on live (at least in classic). It was due to a bug that they decided not to bother to fix.

Hobby
01-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Only certain things will ever be made MQ'd here. What those particular quests outside JBOOTS are, no one knows and there have only been speculations and small discussions about it in the future.

Rogean put it best, we are currently working on more important things than making it easier for people to do a quest.

Chanus
01-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Rogean put it best, we are currently working on more important things than making it easier for people to [lock content behind a wall of platinum].

baalzy
04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Just bumping this because it seems like an important thread.

Jigga
04-30-2011, 01:10 AM
I know velious is eventually planned and on server i played the armor sets MQ were a huge part of economy and game play.

Its alot of coding but i really dont think velious would be velious with out the armor being MQ, just my input

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Please consider coding MQ for the first rank (or whichever stage uses the starter item) of each of the iksar class based item quests... Monk bracer, warrior pike, SK kukri, etc.

If you are amenable, I will post the relevant details on those quests.

Mardur
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I know velious is eventually planned and on server i played the armor sets MQ were a huge part of economy and game play.

Its alot of coding but i really dont think velious would be velious with out the armor being MQ, just my input

This is the first thing I thought of when I was imagining Velious on P99.

Although it won't be classic, it'll make velious armor (which was a huge huge upgrade over anything else) harder to obtain, so I guess it has its pros and cons.

Aangus
06-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Don't sweat it Rogean, the less MQable quests the better. Jboots have turned into a plat camp, making it a very long wait for anyone who actually needs to camp the AC for the boots themselves. This is one classic feature that we can definitely go without. The implications of opening up multi-questing to other quests aren't worth the effort. For example, the entire shaman epic was MQable on live, and people actually sold MQs of the epic.

yes - and to quote an earlier poster "Multi - questing is EVIL"

People should do their own questing - we dont need farmers sitting on camps endlessly so legitimate questors never get a chance to make the kills they need.

When I first got here the lack of multi questing was one of the best things I found. A major reason I stayed. Do we really have to duplicate all the mistakes made on live?

tekniq
06-11-2011, 07:04 AM
I don't think MQing was a mistake on live, part of the classic experience.

Uthgaard
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
This thread has been deadhorsed forever. Moot point is moot. Every script that has been written in the last 9 months has been written this way.