PDA

View Full Version : Stalling on Engages.

Erati
01-13-2015, 12:38 PM
P99 Raid Community,

It has come to our (Taken's) attention that going forward, 'stalling' is going to be looked at with a much bigger microscope and with actual teeth in terms of enforcing punishment when another guild cites and proves that "stalling" was used to secure a raid target. At this time we do not have any further clarification in terms of all the ways this rule is defined and or broken however after having a conversation with Sirken about the manner, we are aware that going forward a greater urgency to police and eliminate stalling will be a thing in the P99 raid scene.

We have used that conversation to alter our raid prep in order to have our engages more in line with the staff's vision of a 'proper/clean engage'.

I am making this post just so the other guilds are aware that the staff is looking into this particular tactic, and I am here acknowledging that Taken going forward will try to comply best we can with the information avail. If Sirken or Derubael wish to comment here about more specific details in terms of what the P99 Staff considers a 'stall' and what they are looking for to be happy, I am sure every guild would love to read it to better prepare their members.

For now in case other guilds were curious, we were told that after the FTE your 'kill force' has to be engaged with the mob inside of 20 seconds ( around the time of a DA ) or your kill could be considered a 'stalled engage' which is a big no no. There is no further clarification in terms of what a 'kill force' is defined as etc, however its not really relevant for now. I hope to see no other guild using a 'solo' tank to occupy dragons while their raid force trains and scurries to come join.

This should bring forth cleaner and more classic engages, all while keeping things competitive and exciting as well.

Thanks for reading!

Sirken
01-14-2015, 06:08 AM
when you engage a mob, the reason needs to be because you are trying to kill the mob. not because you are trying to prevent someone else from engaging/killing the mob.

if you engage a mob before youre ready just because you are physically able to tag and hold it for a few minutes to prevent another guild from doing so, you are stalling, period.

again, the only reason to engage a mob is to kill it (or to pull it into your camp and then kill it, but that falls more under the "kiting" of raid mobs and so far for the most part everyone seems to be doing a good job of following that rule).

we'll allow 1 DA, but more than that will be considered stalling as well for the same reason.

and when people submit frivolous petitions based on rule lawyering or split hairs, im not even going to deal with them unless i feel the spirit of the rule was broken, and that a guild actually engaged to prevent another guild from engaging.

so you nerds can put your stopwatches away ;)

bktroost
01-14-2015, 06:27 PM
So that's going to help with indoor mobs like Trak, and Inny but Talendor and Fay are still going to be the merkest thing this side of the Great Divide. Good changes though! Not sure how to prove long pull or open zone raid mobs but its a decided improvement.