PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Free for all zones(not classic)

dontbanpls
01-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Currently some zones are set to FFA, Sebilis, and the planar zones. This was not a classic mechanic and is enabling level 60's to lock newer players out of these zones, something never intended by our lord and savior Brad "cocaine nose" McQuaid.

heartbrand
01-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Interested to see how this plays out in Velious. I can't get a dev to give an answer to what they will make ffa, if anything, in classic.

Nirgon
01-19-2015, 02:08 PM
bad for solb/perma

bad for seb

SamwiseRed
01-19-2015, 04:54 PM
i think ffa is needed for planes, vp, and probably seb. i mean you could have oor cleric rezzing people during fights (its happened before.)

heartbrand
01-19-2015, 05:00 PM
they would need to make almost every zone in velious FFA then

Nirgon
01-19-2015, 05:29 PM
i think ffa is needed for planes, vp, and probably seb. i mean you could have oor cleric rezzing people during fights (its happened before.)

You can have someone OOR rezzing in solb or perma right now

Or you can have Suave/Fresh/other_new_guild planar raids getting stomped

Make classic plox

SamwiseRed
01-19-2015, 08:06 PM
raiding zones arent leveling zones imo. i see where you are coming from though. seems like they could code in something in seb where the zone turns FFA the moment trak pops. maybe we could do something similiar to planes. i just see too many problems if you take ffa raid zones away classic or not.

i mean that's what the majority of the server wants. pvp over raid mobs. this seems like a step in the opposite direction. also guilds should focus on levels more than raiding imo. you see how easy classic shit is at 60 and with this xp bonus there is no excuse.

i'd support this if they enabled item loot though. then there would be a risk in sending OOR rezzers/healers.

heartbrand
01-19-2015, 11:26 PM
ive yet to see a single pvp encounter that turned on one side having level 50 cleric bots

SamwiseRed
01-20-2015, 02:24 AM
ive yet to see a single pvp encounter that turned on one side having level 50 cleric bots

ah so youve never faught in kc and people run in and our to get healed/rezzed by OOR clerics on the super block. solb/perma is fixed, those are leveling spots. the planes however arent imo. seb is borderline but with so many good droppables, it should be a contested zone. clerics rezzing have defintely turned the tide on a few battles. whether they were OOR or not i cant say for sure.

w/e i think you making planes NOT ffa will cause more harm than good but that is my opinion. as for velious i have no idea how its gonna work out.

OOR bard in fear would be pretty nice. fuck it. enforce the level range in all zones for some lulz.

Smedy
01-20-2015, 11:42 AM
some things need to be unclassic, ffa zones is great

heartbrand
01-20-2015, 12:00 PM
The majority of mass pvp fights are snowbally. One side usually massively wins. A level 50 cleric dropping some superior heals and rezes isn't going to sway the battle.

Nirgon
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM
FFA zone great for no one xping (read sub 60s gaining experience) in seb

Real classic

nawt

KC isn't FFA, oors haven't been a real factor in VS fights

Let the new pals have their seb without their cleric being disc'd and 1 shot/wiped

dontbanpls
01-20-2015, 02:03 PM
I have a level 49 monk Pathogen in my guild who has not been allowed to loot n scoot for over a week, and his corpse has rotted because level 60 characters camp seb all day long hoping for someone they can harass into a long CR even if they are just completing one.

He is no longer a member of our community because he gave up and stopped logging in. He tried very hard to recover his corpse, and I feel like the community shouldn't have to suffer this sort of loss so that a group of six people can have fun doing nothing but running level 60 best in slot rogues at new players who decided to be a little brave and zone into Sebilis, or do a planar raid before everyone in the guild is 60.

Nirgon
01-20-2015, 03:59 PM
No zone should be FFA

Ain't classic, shouldn't be here

SamwiseRed
01-20-2015, 07:13 PM
oor clerics/bards really aren't an issue at all ever when there's no 2boxing enabled

true but ya know... dat L_ _ _ from A _ _ _ _ _ tho

Smedy
01-21-2015, 03:11 AM
It's just going to suck if they disable ffa and everyone (due to the insane xp) has a level 50 cleric alt to oor heal on, you saying it wouldn't happen, i'm saying it will

No boxing needed, just have one or 2 pals logon the 50 clerics and do work, no ones gonna die with oor clerics healing and it will instantly become a "must have" in all pvp encounters and completely gay up the end game pvp

heartbrand
01-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Why don't people do this in KC right now then, or at SF or EJ for Kunark dragons?

heals4reals
01-21-2015, 11:08 AM
It's just going to suck if they disable ffa and everyone (due to the insane xp) has a level 50 cleric alt to oor heal on, you saying it wouldn't happen, i'm saying it will

No boxing needed, just have one or 2 pals logon the 50 clerics and do work, no ones gonna die with oor clerics healing and it will instantly become a "must have" in all pvp encounters and completely gay up the end game pvp

stop quivering from imagined fear

this doesnt happen now and wont happen if

Nirgon
01-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Yeah everyone said this about 4 level range and solb/permafrost ffa zone removal

Yeah

Meanwhile the only oor pvp char I see with any kind of regular appearance is Msbgiz the oor Azrael bard

derpcake
01-21-2015, 02:58 PM
some things need to be unclassic, ffa zones is great

Its surprising how you are all about classic, except when it doesn't suit your guild.

FFA isn't classic, and on a server where the top end is large and gear-saturated, it basically means "you ain't going to go to take your lvl 53 group to sebilis, ever".

That sucks in more then one way and needs to be adressed.

OOR chars aren't a problem currently, and when seb is no longer FFA, everyone gets the same benefit.

derpcake
01-21-2015, 03:00 PM

This may come as a shock, however there are still a select few people that play one character at a time.

I'd rather have mains then oor clrs.

SamwiseRed
01-22-2015, 01:44 PM
This may come as a shock, however there are still a select few people that play one character at a time.

I'd rather have mains then oor clrs.

I used this argument back in the day and I believe it to still be true. However the population has picked up big time and their a lot of mains that are actually OOR including healers. Red99 isn't the same 90 players anymore.

Nirgon
01-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Classic implementation aside

Go hang out in seb a little while Sam

See what you think

SamwiseRed
01-22-2015, 05:52 PM
TBH if it's classic then implement it. I mean you cant really argue against that. I still feel that some people not going to like this change as it opens the doors for some retarded shit.

SamwiseRed
01-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Not that would likely happen but a guild of 60's would not be able to contest a raid mob if a guild of 52's are engaging the mob since they would be OOR and KSing is illegal on the server if you are OOR? Of course this is an extreme example but still that would be awkward.

dontbanpls
01-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Should just respect the general fte rule just like people are expected to do right now. If you are a guild at the top end, why the fuck should we allow you to KS people coming up? It takes a dedicated moderately skilled new player 1 week to hit 50, it takes about 2 days of plvling. If people want to contest at 52, that shit is classic.

derpcake
01-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Not that would likely happen but a guild of 60's would not be able to contest a raid mob if a guild of 52's are engaging the mob since they would be OOR and KSing is illegal on the server if you are OOR? Of course this is an extreme example but still that would be awkward.

This kind of scenario is never going to happen.

Even if someone got the necessary amount of lvl 52s to clear to trakanon and kill him (lol), a few lvl 55-56s with backup from lvl 60s would destroy them.

Bazia
01-24-2015, 06:53 PM
if anything there needs to be MORE FFA zones

watching level 54-55s camping VP keys and OOR healing during VS setup pvp is annoying as fuck

People shouldnt be able to access endgame content and zones without risk of pvp, period

Maybe increase pvp range back to 8 and then eliminate FFA zones, would have to go together though

SamwiseRed
01-24-2015, 10:09 PM
if anything there needs to be MORE FFA zones

watching level 54-55s camping VP keys and OOR healing during VS setup pvp is annoying as fuck

People shouldnt be able to access endgame content and zones without risk of pvp, period

Maybe increase pvp range back to 8 and then eliminate FFA zones, would have to go together though

I agree. Level range is great because it allows people to xp without getting dunked on by high levels. Raid mobs and camping BIS != the same thing and shouldn't provide the same protection. I think when VS spawns KC should flag FFA, same with any zone. If the raid mob is up then the zone should be FFA. If you don't want to deal with it then dont try to compete for raid mobs, its simple.

Darksinga
01-25-2015, 11:14 AM
eqpvp.com set up an infamy system that was pretty awful at first but worked great with some fine tuning.

If you were an OOR cleric that healed some one, you would build infamy to the point where you were flagged FFA.

Would be cool to see Red99 implement something like this before Velious launches. Would solve so many future issues.

Ragnaros
01-25-2015, 02:19 PM
Go back to blue, dont bring it here

Nirgon
01-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Rallos Zek was extremely successful for this system.

Right now, people just won't go xp in seb... and I feel that is something that hurts the population.

These are unguilded players I'm talking about, not Holo lowbies.

Seb must thrive for Kunark to thrive imo.

1 shotting some 51 cleric with a sunstrike isn't meaningful pvp, even if you think it is.

SamwiseRed
01-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Unguided people in a keyed dungeon expecting not to get ganked. Sounds not classic. You don't just waltz around high end dungeons with bis. drops and expect it to be safe . It's like the lguk. Of classic. There are safer places to xp.

harnold
01-26-2015, 02:02 PM
red is so far away from classic as it is so any arguments saying that a change is "classic" doesnt apply to this server anymore

harnold
01-26-2015, 02:10 PM
on a serious note:

Why does the OOR healing/resing even exist on this server? It is amazingly simple to code in that you cant cast a heal/res spell on someone above your level range so why hasnt it been done?

dontbanpls
01-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Unguided people in a keyed dungeon expecting not to get ganked. Sounds not classic. You don't just waltz around high end dungeons with bis. drops and expect it to be safe . It's like the lguk. Of classic. There are safer places to xp.

Big difference between those zones. Sure they ought to be contested, but by people within the appropriate level ranges. I think it would be more fun for the community if we saw YT coming from groups of players instead of always the same 3 or 4 level 60s smashing through complete groups of low 50s groups trying to get some seb action.

pingpong
01-27-2015, 06:06 PM
literally take that group of low 50s and xp in the hole for a week, and then all of a sudden they are now mid 50s, go to seb and profit. xp flies on red.

dontbanpls
01-27-2015, 07:00 PM
What spells are they going to acquire in the hole? Are you aware that several characters have been placed into the hole with faction in order to harass people trying to level there? Are you aware that it is the same situation with Chardok? The Red server already has natural hurdles and in my opinion does not benefit from allowing people to negate the level range in these zones.

Rangerest
01-30-2015, 05:16 PM
chardok and hole are not FFA what are you talking about