PDA

View Full Version : Guild Raid Farming Suggestion

Etris
01-20-2015, 12:28 PM
I know this topic gets passed around all the time and I thought I'd point out a possible fix? It's not classi. Though so I understand if it gets shot down.

Include boss coins in their relative zone. I.E Coin of Cazic drops in Plane of fear.

Coins are trade able for selling to other guilds if desired.
Coins have a .5% drop rate off zone trash or whatever GM sets it to.
Coins summon the boss.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 12:36 PM
I know this topic gets passed around all the time and I thought I'd point out a possible fix? It's not classi. Though so I understand if it gets shot down.

Include boss coins in their relative zone. I.E Coin of Cazic drops in Plane of fear.

Coins are trade able for selling to other guilds if desired.
Coins have a .5% drop rate off zone trash or whatever GM sets it to.
Coins summon the boss.

I dont think that sounds like a very good change; Albeit an interesting and creative thought process was no doubt involved in coming up with it, it sounds like you'd essentially be farming trash mobs to get bosses to spawn?

I feel like that would just make matters worse. The biggest most powerful guilds with the beardiest necks (I can say this, I am a proud owner of a neckbeard. it's OUR word damn it) and poopiest socks would have that shit on lockdown and because of PNP they'd never have to give it up as long as someone(s) from their guild showed up to take the camp before they left. This is of course assuming I am picking up what you're putting down properly. This could be a gross misinterpretation of a) your proposed idea b) current raid mechanics (I am too low level to raid, but I've been an active member on and off since 2012, and I have on occasion happened upon some of the nonsense necessary to make sure raiding is fair.

Hate to jump on the bandwagon but I think the only solution to 99 Blue's raid scene is more raid content, ie velious. That being said, I feel like velious is the most bland expansion to ever hit EQ-- That was around the era where I started and I always felt the content released during that era (although I didnt experience much of it untilafter velious, being an altoholic)

Swish
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Would be nice to see more Innys and CTs if only to help necros get their epic finished without it costing the earth :p

However, as with a lot of these suggestions they are sadly

http://i.imgur.com/Nm4qnhb.gif

Etris
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
The normal spawn rates aren't adjusted. This just adds a chance for the more casual guilds to have a go at raid bosses rather than waking up at 5am to compete with competitive guilds. It's a win win. You wouldn't be farming coins you'd be farming raid mobs as usual for gear with a chance at a boss coin. Or you can buy a coin from another player or guild. This feature adds more boss spawns for all to enjoy. Happy casual guilds = happy server population.

Swish
01-20-2015, 12:43 PM
The last thing I'd want to see as an R-class guild is groups of 4-6 people in Fear/Hate at all hours trying to farm coins to sell...and locking the planes down in the process :/

Xer0
01-20-2015, 12:45 PM
The normal spawn rates aren't adjusted. This just adds a chance for the more casual guilds to have a go at raid bosses rather than waking up at 5am to compete with competitive guilds. It's a win win. You wouldn't be farming coins you'd be farming raid mobs as usual for gear with a chance at a boss coin. Or you can buy a coin from another player or guild. This feature adds more boss spawns for all to enjoy. Happy casual guilds = happy server population.

And what prevents those less casual guilds from from locking the zones down? More policy and bureaucracy? All over a game?

Etris
01-20-2015, 12:49 PM
What do they need plat for if they're the highest guilds? More spells? EC sold gear that's worse then their raided gear? They wouldn't waste time in old zones. Plus the zones are large enough for multiple guilds no?

Swish
01-20-2015, 12:49 PM
More policy and bureaucracy? All over a game?

We like rules, apparently.

maskedmelon
01-20-2015, 01:04 PM
I do not particularly care for the proposed implementation (too artificial), but the mechanic could b modified to date my irrational desire for sense/purpose ^^ that being said, it is not classic and will therefore never see the light of day here unfortunate as that may be :/ and for that reason I shall refrain from expanding upon your proposal with my profoundly superb additions/modifications ^^

Xer0
01-20-2015, 01:07 PM
We like rules, apparently.

Nothing wrong with rules of course, that convoluted mess is more than simple ruling :P

kcsdman
01-20-2015, 01:35 PM
What do they need plat for if they're the highest guilds? More spells? EC sold gear that's worse then their raided gear? They wouldn't waste time in old zones. Plus the zones are large enough for multiple guilds no?

You...you don't really know how the raid scene works here, do you?

jpetrick
01-20-2015, 01:47 PM
I always thought they should decrease the spawn timers. Make 3 day mobs up every 24 hours and 7 day spawns up every 3 days.

Etris
01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
You...you don't really know how the raid scene works here, do you?

You're just a scrawny gnoll!!

And no, I'm not 100% sure how they work. Aren't they set up for guilds to be labeled in ranking - and to take turns killing bosses? Seems "not classic" to me.

captnamazing
01-20-2015, 02:55 PM
I think that if you can write a novella explaining why the desired mob pops when and where it does, the GMs should make a spawn. ie. Cazic Thule spawns on the Blood Moon of February because during the last blood moon a band of goblins raped my dog and now I live in eternal terror of these times

Rararboker
01-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Yeah sorry because it seems like you want to help. But that would make things 10x worse. I can see what you think would happen and it'd be great if it did go that way. But what would really happen is trash mobs would be farmed almost constantly for the coins. And the real casuals would be blocked from the content.

Also, go read the raid rules a bit. There is no GM enforced rotation. The only rotation that exist is one made by the players. And it is enforced by the players. Technically a new guild could form and try to disrupt it if they wanted. But in all likelihood they'd fail and be ostracized.

jpetrick
01-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Mijoph quit playing on red and come hang out with us on blue again.

prc018100
01-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Yeah sorry because it seems like you want to help. But that would make things 10x worse. I can see what you think would happen and it'd be great if it did go that way. But what would really happen is trash mobs would be farmed almost constantly for the coins. And the real casuals would be blocked from the content.

Also, go read the raid rules a bit. There is no GM enforced rotation. The only rotation that exist is one made by the players. And it is enforced by the players. Technically a new guild could form and try to disrupt it if they wanted. But in all likelihood they'd fail and be ostracized.

Pretty sure that player agreed upon rotations are GM enforced.

maskedmelon
01-20-2015, 03:55 PM

Nein. They are not.

arsenalpow
01-20-2015, 04:14 PM

Only when they want to leverage it into punishing an R guild

rictus204
01-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Cazic Thule spawns on the Blood Moon of February because during the last blood moon a band of goblins raped my dog and now I live in eternal terror of these times

hahahahahaha!

Rararboker
01-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Mijoph quit playing on red and come hang out with us on blue again.

It is hard to go back to blue after trying it out. =[

Whole guild should just transplant over, we'd be kings. Plus, there is no variance. After seeing our few attempts at FFA mobs and what it requires when variance is at play made me seriously reconsider a lot of stuff about how I want to play EQ. Though I keep thinking about you guys and feel like I should make some time to at least show up and help out weekly.

How does this kind of misinformation spread? It has been stated several times, by both players and GM's, that it is player enforced. Which is why Lord Bob is threatening to raid without regard to the rotation. If it was GM enforced, they wouldn't even be able to say that, let alone try to do it. C'mon man, keep up with your forumquesting!

Clark
01-21-2015, 01:40 AM
What?

w1zard
01-21-2015, 02:25 AM
Argument for no 2-boxing is that few people did it in 1999.
Well, the raid scene wasn't as competitive in 1999 either.

Therefore.

Need non-classic solution to simulate a more classic-like environment.

Swish
01-21-2015, 04:16 AM
Was in CoM the other night, there was a trio at moat and a duo at arena... with about 6-7 people lfg.

If twinking/rogue epic MQs etc teach you anything, its that if people can do things with less (or outside help if boxing), they will.

Boxing is bad for server health, glad its banned.

Pint
01-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Would be cool if clearing hate/fear trash had a very small chance to trigger cazic or inny to spawn to "defend their plane" and have their loot tables simply be 1-3 random pieces of planar armor from the trash mob loot tables. Very Not Classic but it would certainly make my 2000th planar clear a bit more entertaining.