PDA

View Full Version : New Threads are Fun WTB more Blue Events

Stonecrush
01-20-2015, 02:19 PM
I gloss over a lot of things in life especially hap hazard hobbies.

In the long life of EQ, I can remember there were many a GM events.

Where do I sign up to help the process to increase these numbers? I find the Events to be fun, especially when there are challenges and reasonable rewards for the efforts.

Example: Holiday events from the past.
- Halloween had werewolves and Banshees in WC, SoNH had bone dragons running around, EK had some crazy shenanigans, and Rathe Mountains had it's own version of non sense.

I don't remember a lot of the other events due to my lack of play times during the other holidays. It would be nice once again to see something like that happen again.

I know it takes work to create these things, and that is where if at all possible I'd like to assist in anyway I can offer.

If anyone else feels the same way, then please feel free to add your own recounts.

Whirled
01-20-2015, 02:23 PM
That'd be groovy to maybe bring back the plague in Karanas with the beetles (or something like how you say a GM type event), but I don't know crap about game programming so that's all I got.

+ maybe "accidentally" add in shared bank slots too. hehe

Stonecrush
01-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Ha ha nice try, but I don't want to spin this toward a shared bank slot. This is a social game, just ask some friends.

Hopefully something will matriculate if enough people show and interest. If this is taken seriously I'd be willing to write up some ideas or a storyline.
This is not an attempt for making something permanent or granting people some crazy items that would alter the game in a manner that would take away from classic. Just some ideas for people to have fun with and possibly enjoy the game more.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 03:33 PM
I gloss over a lot of things in life especially hap hazard hobbies.

In the long life of EQ, I can remember there were many a GM events.

Where do I sign up to help the process to increase these numbers? I find the Events to be fun, especially when there are challenges and reasonable rewards for the efforts.

Example: Holiday events from the past.
- Halloween had werewolves and Banshees in WC, SoNH had bone dragons running around, EK had some crazy shenanigans, and Rathe Mountains had it's own version of non sense.

I don't remember a lot of the other events due to my lack of play times during the other holidays. It would be nice once again to see something like that happen again.

I know it takes work to create these things, and that is where if at all possible I'd like to assist in anyway I can offer.

If anyone else feels the same way, then please feel free to add your own recounts.

Werewolves roam western commons at night. (maybe I'm imagining the at night part, but htat seems to be the only time I see/notice them)

myriverse
01-20-2015, 04:11 PM
The last time I was in WC (a year ago), they were night only.

Stonecrush
01-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Werewolves roam western commons at night. (maybe I'm imagining the at night part, but htat seems to be the only time I see/notice them)

I've only seen a Werewolf.

What I am describing had Scarecrows, Werewolves (10-15 at a time), and I want to remember a named EE that needed 2 groups to kill.

I'm looking for ideas not nit picking.

Clark
01-21-2015, 01:46 AM
One thing we've struggled with since the beginning of P99 in 2009 is quality events. For whatever reason there is little to no planning put into them. They also hardly ever occur for whatever reason. Is something that should get more time and consideration/take ideas ect, and implement them into innovating fun events.

Evia
01-21-2015, 02:57 AM
I would love to see something tied in with the lore. Some ideas I have...

1) Maybe see a clash in tox forest between Erudin and Paineel. With quests for each side depending on if your character was aligned with evil or good. Maybe have Kerra Island and that Kerra place off toxx be involved some how as well. It would utilize an under-utilized area of the game, and tap into some of the cooler history/lore in Norrath (imho)

2)Having the dragon that used to live in Ak'anon return for revenge and try to take back it's home is another fun idea (can't remember if the elves killed the dragon...if they did maybe have it's offspring come try to avenge its father/mother) The gnomes could ask the help of us adventurers instead of the Elves like they did before.

3) or you could do something where the orcs of crushbone actually try to rally an attack on Kelethin/Felwithe. With King Crushbone leading the way.

4)In EQ2 we know that Freeport and Qeynos basically go to polar extremes and the militia in freeport essentially take over the city of Freeport and in Qeynos the "good" guards push out the corrupt guards. It'd be cool to see an event where we see the steps of this start to unfold some how. With quests handed out in both qeynos and freeport and the "event" taking place all through out the Karanas.

5) I know that there are numerous "broken" quests or named monsters that have a vague history/lore behind them. It has the perfect grounds for a creative mind on the dev team to come up with a history/story to these characters/mobs and write an entire event around them. One that comes to mind is the necromancer Pyzjn in QH. I know she is factioned with the evil guild in qeynos but I'd love to hear a story on how she came to the hills. Maybe she is a missionary for Meldrath or something. Also hadden in QH! maybe he's like an outlaw from halas and did something shady that has him hiding out in the hills. Write an event that is around Everfrost Peaks that he somehow caused/was a part of starting. Either accidently or intentionally and how he knows the tribunal is gonna punish him for his ways and bring justice and he's super afraid! I don't know we can get pretty creative!

If I can help at all I would be right on board! I write elaborate stories for my brothers DnD campaigns all the time so if you need someone with a freakishly expansive imagination hit me up =D