PDA

View Full Version : WTS MQ Insurance

Extunarian
09-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Greetings to all AC-camping, ring-selling Multi-Questers!

I have come here to offer you a glorious opportunity to afford yourself something much more valuable than e-money: Piece of Mind.

You see, starting tomorrow, I'll be giving Hasten a Shadowed Rapier and 3250 gold. No ring, just the rapier and gold, because I like the guy and want him to be able to stab things and buy nice clothes. And I'll continue to do this every few mornings (randomly of course).

The problem with this is that sometimes Hasten gets so excited when I give him these wonderful presents that he just hands out JBoots to the first passerby to flash one of those fancy rings the cyclops' wear! The ancient ones!

So, if you want to make sure that Hasten doesn't mess up your MQ by handing boots to ring-bearers and demanding rings from rapier-and-gold bringers, just track me down the day before. For a donation of only 3k I will promise to sit and count plat in the EC tunnel, therefore ensuring that our buddy Hasten isn't "primed" by the time you and your fellow MQer get to him!!

Thanks, and happy camping!

Rogean
09-21-2010, 05:59 PM
LOL

Fawqueue
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I think the best alternative to this post is to organize an effort to kill hasten any time he's up, and make sure you do your MQ when he's fresh. Avoid the 3k extortion fee! =P

citizen1080
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I am just sad I didn't come up with this first...I must be losing my touch...

Starklen
09-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Brilliant.

girth
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM
I would consider that harassment if I were a GM.

VictoryARC
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Win!

M.Bison
09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Considering everytime ive ever done jboots quest on any of my characters its always been a 2+hr wait for hasten to spawn, id consider this an idle threat.

Alawen Everywhere
09-22-2010, 01:21 AM
This is hilarious.

It's also hilarious that Girth's panties are immediately in a bunch.

citizen1080
09-22-2010, 01:31 AM
He's from Texas..hes used to shooting anyone to annoys him

Omnimorph
09-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Seems alot of work to try and extort 3k from people. Having to camp a rapier, then give away 300p...

good luck sir.

Harrison
09-22-2010, 03:48 AM
He's from Texas..hes used to shooting anyone to annoys him

Judging by the way he posts he would more likely shoot his own dick off before hitting anyone else. This is an amazing feat for obvious reasons.

Bubbles
09-22-2010, 04:43 AM
325pp to piss on the shoes of bored, greedy mages in OOT seems like a bargain to me.

This will be 10x more amusing and lucrative when ppl start effing with epics if they become multi-questable, too.

Uthgaard
09-22-2010, 04:51 AM
Gonna throw out a little common sense that I had to sprinkle someone's way today:

You say, '#viewpetition ######'
[Petition ######, Sep 22, 04:05 AM, Nooblet (Nooblet'sAccount), 50 High Elf Magician oot (Online)]
I want to know if i will get in trouble for loading Hasten with gold and a rapier out of protest to shaman and druids camping AC
You told Nooblet, 'think about it. how would you like it if i showed up to where you work and started causing problems because i didnt like the color shirt some other customer was wearing. that's about what it compares to. doesnt matter what class is camping the ac, it's going to go to someone who needs it. you gum up the works, you just make the line longer'
Nooblet tells you, 'yeah.... Youre right man.'
Nooblet tells you, '<3 u man..Im glad i petitioned and asked before i started doing it.. because.. yeha. it would have caused some shit ... anyways, thanks for the reasoning'

Ghaz
09-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Did anyone else read it with a Russian accent?

Extunarian
09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm glad that 99% of the people read this as the joke it was supposed to be.

To the other 1% - try looking at the tag at the bottom of the post before getting all huffy. Or consider the fact that this idea is so utterly impractical (325pp + a shadowed rapier drop AND locating hasten every day) and so easy to get around (kill hasten) that anyone who actually tried this plan would probably be doing it out of sheer nerdrage and wouldn't even be open to bribes. I'm looking at you, poster #6.

Anyway, thanks to the awesome coders on the staff who are constantly widening the scope of this project to include things that we didn't think we'd ever see on an emu - or even live for that matter! (Boats, anyone?)

Happy MQing.

Brain
09-22-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm glad that 99% of the people read this as the joke it was supposed to be.