PDA

View Full Version : Which class is best served by the AoN?

Droog007
01-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Having a friendly debate, and I'd like to get some opinions...

http://i.imgur.com/4CPk1oP.png

If you were creating DKP/Loot policies for your guild, would you bar or otherwise restrict any classes from bidding on the Amulet of Necropotence, based on the fact that it's more beneficial for another class? Which class(es) would that be and why?

Thanks for your serious considerations and input.

Tankdan
01-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Vanity item

Loot council: Whoever is tracking the most and is due for loot.
Pure DKP: highest bidder wins I guess.

no restrictions, but I do not like it on a tank because I cannot see them.

Pringles
01-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Def necro or ench.

Kagey
01-21-2015, 12:50 PM
anyone with levitate this AoN would benefit. I dunno if its considered an exploit but thats how we used to exit NToV back in the day, spam AoN with levitate and you slowly raise higher and higher into the air.

Thulack
01-21-2015, 12:51 PM
anyone with levitate this AoN would benefit. I dunno if its considered an exploit but thats how we used to exit NToV back in the day, spam AoN with levitate and you slowly raise higher and higher into the air.

you can do that just by playing windowed mode and clicking out of EQ and back in.

Kagey
01-21-2015, 12:52 PM
you can do that just by playing windowed mode and clicking out of EQ and back in.

like just alt tab over and over?

HeallunRumblebelly
01-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Probably Monk SK or Necro. You can use insta click illusions to move through locked doors. Not sure if exploit or not -- it's been in the server since inception so...

Pringles
01-21-2015, 12:57 PM
like just alt tab over and over?

Yes. Tab out at the lowest of your "bob" and click back in at the peak. (if you bob to fast to catch the low / high, adjust your max fps slider)

Pringles
01-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Probably Monk SK or Necro. You can use insta click illusions to move through locked doors. Not sure if exploit or not -- it's been in the server since inception so...

Classic ^ did this on live.

thieros
01-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Officers first

kurtis
01-21-2015, 01:19 PM
just a vanity item, no actual uses

Daldaen
01-21-2015, 01:22 PM

Doesn't work on this server like it did on live.

You need some amount of shrink for it to work here I think.

It also didn't require instant cast. You just had to time your movement and casting correctly.

Droog007
01-21-2015, 01:39 PM
I will seed the discussion a bit more...

Any INT casters presently using this full time or situationally? If so, what item(s) would replace it - in Kunark or Velious?

Brut
01-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Everyone who isn't ogre.

Vanity clicky, hundreds out on server by now so isn't gonna impress anyone who's made it past lvl10.

jpetrick
01-21-2015, 02:07 PM
These are only effective for pvp and they should go to clerics & casters before anyone else. On blue just have the raid roll for it or sell it for guild bank funds. No one needs a 300k junk buff.

captnamazing
01-21-2015, 02:10 PM
Shadowknights need this for RP purposes.

Erati
01-21-2015, 02:23 PM
druids need this IMO

esp ones with a Guise of the Deciever

Ele
01-21-2015, 02:25 PM
If you were creating DKP/Loot policies for your guild, would you bar or otherwise restrict any classes from bidding on the Amulet of Necropotence, based on the fact that it's more beneficial for another class?

Nope. It is more of a "thank you for your service" vanity item. Unless you PVP.

Which class(es) would that be and why?

If you want to have preferences, consider large races over other races and leave out necromancers/enchanters since they can already skeleton illusion.

Any INT casters presently using this full time or situationally? If so, what item(s) would replace it - in Kunark or Velious?

I don't know of any INT casters that wear it main, the negative 100 hp is pretty big. The 13 INT isn't huge when you get to the level of acquiring AoN. I guess they could throw it for MR over Wolf's Eye Platinum Necklace (http://wiki.project1999.com/Wolf%27s_Eye_Platinum_Necklace) (+9MR), but if you are facing AEs that deal damage probably don't want to set yourself back on HP.

Velious items:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Amulet_of_the_Storm
http://wiki.project1999.com/Valtron%60s_Necklace_of_Wonder
http://wiki.project1999.com/Amulet_of_the_Dreadgazer
http://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Charm_of_Tranquility
http://wiki.project1999.com/Choker_of_the_Wretched (Flowing Thought 1)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Medal_of_Deep_Thought
WW/First Brood Dragon Talismans

Crawdad
01-21-2015, 02:44 PM
Having a friendly debate, and I'd like to get some opinions...

http://i.imgur.com/4CPk1oP.png

If you were creating DKP/Loot policies for your guild, would you bar or otherwise restrict any classes from bidding on the Amulet of Necropotence, based on the fact that it's more beneficial for another class? Which class(es) would that be and why?

Thanks for your serious considerations and input.

AoN is great for DKP guilds because you can price it high because of demand.. it Will go for whatever you set it at.

Loot Council is a waste of everyone's time once you have more than, say, ~20 guildies (pulled out of my rear). Too much arbitration and pixel lust will cause membership to hemorrhage. Especially for in demand vanity items. Edit: If I'm answering your question though I say Troll/Ogre Shaman for shrink/giggling canni dance fun.

I will seed the discussion a bit more...

Well, just above this post Ele gave you a list of "Velious Items" but all of them are ToV drops/quests, which most people aren't very likely to see.. Realistically you're going to be using Black Sapphire Velium Necklace, WW Dragon talisman or good ol' reliable Necklace of Superiority.

Swish
01-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Don't forget, ANY class can win an AON from the relevant thread ;)

maskedmelon
01-21-2015, 03:19 PM

LOL really? I can understand if you are saying you are not sure whether it's use is sanctioned on p99 under the "it's classic" umbrella, but there should be no doubt that is an exploit ^^ hehehehe

zanderklocke
01-21-2015, 03:36 PM
It makes my iksar monk non-KOS to most places...it was the last item I bought for Zanderr because there really was nothing left to buy. Not really that useful on blue, but definitely fun to mess around with.

Pint
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Would never sell my ogre shamans aon, only reason i will play an ogre or any large race

kaev
01-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Loot Council is a waste of everyone's time once you have more than, say, ~20 guildies (pulled out of my rear).

Wow. Cooperation without coercion is not your strong suit, is it. This is why we need to arm our police, people. :(

Ella`Ella
01-21-2015, 05:21 PM
BDA loot council has awarded the past 4 AoN's (over the course of 3+ years) to Chest.

kaev
01-21-2015, 05:29 PM
BDA loot council has awarded the past 4 AoN's (over the course of 3+ years) to Chest.
:rolleyes:
Well done! Always go for the big lie, everybody will assume you wouldn't dare say it if it wasn't true. BTW, Chest also eats babies, roasted whole and smothered in hollandaise.

Nuktari
01-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Having an item that shrinks you down to medium size is like, zomgamzing.

All you skinnies don't know the plight of being so big that you can't fit through doorways. #fatpeopleproblems

Sage Truthbearer
01-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Shadowknights need this for RP purposes.

I believe that Shadow Knights get a spell in Velious that transforms you into a Skeleton for 20 minutes.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shroud_of_Undeath

heartbrand
01-21-2015, 10:18 PM
AoN is the best item in the game on red and has RMTed for over a thousand dollars there

arsenalpow
01-21-2015, 10:39 PM

ruled not an exploit when sentenza was training us under the old VP rules and we locked him in Xygoz's room, he AoN'ed through the locked door. That ruling was just after adriana was suspended for sending stalking probes to the safe spot using the wall trick

Amelinda making some solid decisions as usual

the past 4 AoNs that BDA looted went something like this
Bigazz - loot council award because ogres are fat
Hatelore - loot council award because trolls are fat
Kalzuid - won a random
Chest - won a random

[Sat Sep 27 10:42:06 2014] **A Magic Die is rolled by Chest.
[Sat Sep 27 10:42:06 2014] **It could have been any number from 0 to 1000, but this time it turned up a 969.

Better lucky than good obviously.

maskedmelon
01-21-2015, 11:11 PM
I am going to have to argue that this is an enchanter item because no other class should have illusions and in fact most do not with the exceptions of the necromancer Angelina Jolie illusion line, ( which AoN clearly is a part of, but honestly do they need another?) Druids with their Furry form and rogues/bards wiu their queer penchant for masking themselves with the skins if various races. There is no skin in this illusion.

^^

coki
01-22-2015, 12:31 AM

You can stilllllll do this on live right now

Burrito
01-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Honestly, I can't wait till I win/participate in a GM event, and ask for a DE illusion mask for my enchanter who is dark elf.

Swish
01-22-2015, 12:49 AM
Honestly, I can't wait till I win/participate in a GM event, and ask for a DE illusion mask for my enchanter who is dark elf.

That would be righteous ;p

Synthlol
01-22-2015, 01:38 AM
Vanity item

just a vanity item, no actual uses

Vanity clicky, hundreds out on server by now so isn't gonna impress anyone who's made it past lvl10.

These are only effective for pvp and they should go to clerics & casters before anyone else. On blue just have the raid roll for it or sell it for guild bank funds. No one needs a 300k junk buff.

Nope. It is more of a "thank you for your service" vanity item. Unless you PVP.

For your reading pleasure, I have assembled the preceding list of players who do not understand the value of a tradeable item with an self-only instant click effect that is usable by any race and class combination from an inventory slot at level 1, also and enables shrinking of large races and faction manipulation without generating an adverse effect on the player.

Enjoy.

jpetrick
01-22-2015, 03:08 AM
You overvalue an item that isn't really all that useful on a blue server. All those things you listed aren't huge deals.

Clark
01-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Ogres and Trolls for sure. Helps my Ogre tremendously. Even though I love being in both forms.

Clark
01-22-2015, 03:11 AM

I can verify this. He also got two bcgs off a draco.

Brut
01-22-2015, 08:52 AM
For your reading pleasure, I have assembled the preceding list of players who do not understand the value of a tradeable item with an self-only instant click effect that is usable by any race and class combination from an inventory slot at level 1, also and enables shrinking of large races and faction manipulation without generating an adverse effect on the player.

Enjoy.

- Unless it beefs me instantly to max pals with Yelinak, I doubt the faction is of any particular use. Guess you can sell those halfling Spears without leaving Misty.
- There's tons of instant clicks out there that don't cost quarter a million plat.
- 10 dose Shrink pots cost a couple hundred.

Vanity item. I'm sure people enjoy the novelty when they get it, good for them. Couple months later using it just a "look at me!"-thing to most.

Ella`Ella
01-22-2015, 09:39 AM
- Unless it beefs me instantly to max pals with Yelinak, I doubt the faction is of any particular use. Guess you can sell those halfling Spears without leaving Misty.
- There's tons of instant clicks out there that don't cost quarter a million plat.
- 10 dose Shrink pots cost a couple hundred.

Vanity item. I'm sure people enjoy the novelty when they get it, good for them. Couple months later using it just a "look at me!"-thing to most.

Saw Brut in VP as Dark Elf a few nights ago... Immediately knew it was not Brut on Brut because DE is not most beef.

Crawdad
01-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Wow. Cooperation without coercion is not your strong suit, is it. This is why we need to arm our police, people. :(

If people can make it work, kudos. Put up with the whining/collusion on Live and I wouldn't want to do LC again. Switching from pure LC to DKP+Limited LC rulings (gear up tanks before bards) was the best thing we ever did.

Also thank you for the rhetoric, I needed a chuckle this morning.

Kindread
01-22-2015, 11:24 AM
If you gave it to a newbie, would the -100HP kill them?

Random thought. :)

myriverse
01-22-2015, 12:02 PM

There was a time when it did, but Sony fixed that so you don't go under 1hp.

Jfertal
01-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Ogre Shadowknight is hands down best class. Its utility item. Everyone else its vanity.

Tameth
01-22-2015, 01:20 PM
on a pvp server, preference would be given to highly focused classes like wizards, clerics, monks, rogues, bards, but it really should just go to whoever the top, most-active pvpers are regardless of class

...and AIMChat pals. :cool:

Ella`Ella
01-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Fatty not fat?

bktroost
01-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Strictly for stats, would it not be an item desired for... say a wizard in the scenario of Gorenaire? Now that Gore is 100% a wizard's duel (though it always was to some degree), doesn't the large int bonus and MR allow for you to swap out other MR and mid level int items for pure mana and hp+ items?

With MR capped at 255 you would ideally go 1 cleric for HB, one bard for MR and 4 wizards per dps group. Swap out items that give less than 10 MR or less than 13 int for hp and mana items so that your mana pool is as high as possible and your MR stays maxed at 255 with bard song.

kaev
01-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Also thank you for the rhetoric, I needed a chuckle this morning.

Glad I could help start your day on a pleasant note.

Ella`Ella
01-23-2015, 12:22 AM
Strictly for stats, would it not be an item desired for... say a wizard in the scenario of Gorenaire? Now that Gore is 100% a wizard's duel (though it always was to some degree), doesn't the large int bonus and MR allow for you to swap out other MR and mid level int items for pure mana and hp+ items?

With MR capped at 255 you would ideally go 1 cleric for HB, one bard for MR and 4 wizards per dps group. Swap out items that give less than 10 MR or less than 13 int for hp and mana items so that your mana pool is as high as possible and your MR stays maxed at 255 with bard song.

As a wizard, you are better off wearing an MR neck or a NoS for the MR + CR as opposed to the -100hp hit. That could be the difference between significant dps against the target if a wiz falls from an AoE at a bad time or low HP aggro.

Lune
01-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Depends on the guild:

TMO: Give it to whoever pays the most DKP
IB: Sell it for $50 and leave the server
Taken: Give it to one of the perpetually farming money-hungry officer's alts
BDA: Loot council it to anyone in the inner circle, it doesnt matter who
A-Team: Publish a peer-reviewed academic research paper quantitatively analyzing its usefulness for various classes. Win a nobel prize in statistics
Divinity: Give it some poor minority family in Guatemala
Lord Bob: Choke a nun with it
Knights who say Ni: Take a shit next to a dumpster outside an Outback Steakhouse

Sinder
01-23-2015, 01:20 AM

I used to cheese out of pvp deaths with this. Once upon a time it definitely would kill you.

webrunner5
01-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Most overpriced Item in the game that has no real use on average. Nice to have, but really, do you really NEED it other than looks, and wow, my Johnson is bigger than yours effect!! :D Pass, I don't have one and don't want one. Sell, sell, sell if I win the roll.

Droog007
01-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Depends on the guild:

A-Team: Publish a peer-reviewed academic research paper quantitatively analyzing its usefulness for various classes. Win a nobel prize in statistics
Knights who say Ni: Take a shit next to a dumpster outside an Outback Steakhouse

HAHAHA ... cracked up IRL. Well done, sir. :D

zanderklocke
01-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Depends on the guild:

Makes me proud to be in the A-Team.

Tuljin
01-23-2015, 04:06 PM
^ Hilarious and true ^

As a wizard, you are better off wearing an MR neck or a NoS for the MR + CR as opposed to the -100hp hit. That could be the difference between significant dps against the target if a wiz falls from an AoE at a bad time or low HP aggro.

Come on now, we all know Wizards don't need HP :rolleyes:

Manticmuse
01-23-2015, 04:17 PM
The knock on knights who say ni is gratuitous. Is that because of Nocsucow being in the guild for a short time? Is knights associated with RMT to anyone at this point, or ever? I don't think anyone got rich farming zones under lvl 50. The Taken line couldn't be more true though. 8/10

Droog007
01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
The knock on knights who say ni is gratuitous.

Pooping by an Outback Steakhouse dumpster = RMT? I must have missed something.

Manticmuse
01-23-2015, 05:02 PM
I took it to mean trading pixels for bloomin onions. Not that I care, so I should have said nothing.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/1c/1c19fcdd976e1c58ee1e188423a437efab589a792b356f88f5 4af02e2583e2ec.jpg

maskedmelon
01-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Depends on the guild:

Hehehehe ^^

Bristlebard
01-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Depends on the guild:

Oh. My. God.

You win, Lune. You win!