PDA

View Full Version : Optimal way to duo with Ench/Sham

miraculous
01-22-2015, 01:32 PM
I am leveling a twinked out shaman that has epic/jbb/fungi etc and I am leveling quite often with enchanters. I have tried multiple ways over duoing with them, but am having a hard time determining what the most optimal method is to level.

It seems that I can buff the enchanters pet and try to keep him healed so that he can tank for us, but he seems to die fairly quick and it can be costly to keep him alive.

Would it be better to not buff/heal the pet, but just let him get a new pet each time we pull?

Just looking for some feedback on some optimal ways you have found this duo to work at higher lvls.

Tenlaar
01-22-2015, 01:45 PM
What level range are you talking here?

Lisset
01-22-2015, 01:56 PM
In all my duoing with shaman, I buff my pet and the shaman pulls (so there are no charm dropping related accidents mid pull), slows and heals my pet. That's really all there is to it. I pick a good pet and stick with that one for as long as I need. Make sure the target mob gets rooted (by either of you) for in case the chanters charm breaks mid fight.

-TK-
01-22-2015, 02:01 PM
What level range are you talking here?

This and it depends on the availability of pet mobs in the area. If there are plenty of dark blue/light blue(read: green) pet mobs available then a viable option might be rooting the pet and target mob, letting them duke it out, breaking pet, and killing both for experience.

In the event that there are not a plethora of mobs, then you have to find one that is tough enough to survive a little beating. The target mob should be rooted and slowed and the shaman should be healing the pet.

webrunner5
01-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Man a Enchanter and a Shaman in my opinion has too many of the same sort of spells to duo with. Other than the Chanter charmed Pet, I see no reason to do it. :confused:

Monk comes to mind as a better Duo Partner.

Crawdad
01-22-2015, 02:52 PM
I guess a few questions first.

What race are you? If you have it available, snag the Snare necklace (http://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk) and just fear or aggro kite.

If you can't use snare, or are trying to duo indoors, I'd say you should be rooting/slowing mobs and keeping one pet alive. Charm kiting/breaking at low %s works fine solo, but not something I'd want to do in a duo/group environment really.

What/where are you soloing? If pet is hasted+buffed, and the mobs are being slowed, you really shouldn't be losing the Enchs pet. I'd say if you really wanted to group/go dungeoning with Enchanters to make a Cleric, but if you're just casually running into Enchanters a lot, don't worry too much about it. You'll be beating full groups Exp-wise even if all you do is buff and pull anyhow.

skootr
01-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Would it be better to not buff/heal the pet, but just let him get a new pet each time we pull?

Depending on the camp area and accessibility to mobs , yeah do this. Just keep the target mob rooted. Should be able to chew through mobs pretty fast with little risk or downtime. Tash/malo & slow target, root and click nuke it down. Let pet work on it. Rinse, repeat.

Lisset
01-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Man a Enchanter and a Shaman in my opinion has too many of the same sort of spells to duo with. Other than the Chanter charmed Pet, I see no reason to do it. :confused:

Monk comes to mind as a better Duo Partner.

The only real duplicates are haste and slow. What makes a shaman such a great partner IS that slow to save chanter mana because the chanter often uses a ton with charming and CC. The other key is the heals. Shaman aren't clerics but they'll keep a hastened pet vs a slowed target alive. They can also toss a dot or 2.

I've duoed with monks and hate it. They do nothing to prolong the life of the pet which makes charm duoing to go much smoother. In order, I prefer to duo with clerics, shaman and druids.

DrKvothe
01-22-2015, 03:30 PM
I haven't really figured this out either. I imagine that at lvl 60 with torpor, you can just slow tank and epic click while enchanter pet kicks its ass and enchanter does cc.

Pre-60, I guess you can slow the mobs, hp buff the enchanter and heal when necessary, and either memblur heal the pet when it gets low or swap it out for a new one? You're more like an accessory to the enchanter than an equal partner: buffs, malo, heals when required, and keep him from eating exp loss to pet.

DrKvothe
01-22-2015, 03:30 PM
The only real duplicates are haste and slow. What makes a shaman such a great partner IS that slow to save chanter mana because the chanter often uses a ton with charming and CC. The other key is the heals. Shaman aren't clerics but they'll keep a hastened pet vs a slowed target alive. They can also toss a dot or 2.

I've duoed with monks and hate it. They do nothing to prolong the life of the pet which makes charm duoing to go much smoother. In order, I prefer to duo with clerics, shaman and druids.

I think he meant monk/shaman, not monk/enchanter

miraculous
01-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far, pretty helpful, it doesn't seem that this duo is as OP as others have made it seem in other forum posts, unless I am missing something.

So a couple questions that were asked -

What level range am I at? (Currently lvl 53)

Where am I trying to duo? (Currently The Hole or Karnors Castle) Any other suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far, pretty helpful, it doesn't seem that this duo is as OP as others have made it seem in other forum posts, unless I am missing something.

Where am I trying to duo? (Currently The Hole or Karnors Castle) Any other suggestions would be extremely helpful.

HS north or basement at least.

Com ramparts although no casters for enchanter tot.

Frenzy/lord in lguk. King as well.

Kedge keep of you're feeling adventurous

-TK-
01-22-2015, 04:59 PM

I feel like you and a Shaman should be easily tearing up the entrance to The Hole at 53. I'm fairly certain that I was soloing it around those levels on my Enchanter if my memory serves me correctly. I also duo'd it with a Shaman when other zones were busy and it was ultra easy and laid back. I avoid KC like the plague.

I will second Yumyum's suggestion of HS. If you don't have your key yet, you're going to want to get it very soon.

webrunner5
01-23-2015, 02:08 PM
I can see very few people on here play a Shaman full time, or it is their main. If you want to piss the hell out of your Mana just slow every Mob. Slow is a total Mana Sink hole, and Haste is not far behind. No way you can take over slowing, hasting, healing on a Shaman, even with Canni. Torpor maybe.

A Ikky Monk and a Shaman are a Marriage made in Heaven. When both have their Epics, they are just a plain killing Machine Duo. :D

And it even gets better in Velious. Top dog Duo by far.

Velerin
01-23-2015, 02:15 PM
With that set up I'd just target low blues ~lvl 40 and just slow tank them with dog dog and enc pet (preferably a rogue pet) hitting from behind. With all that regen I'd doubt you even take much damage to need heals.