PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Idea to Boost Pop to Red and Blue

Sektor
01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
I was thinking of ways to help improve the population of both Red and Blue to the point where another blue server comes out.

Have all the Developers and GMs/Guides get together and remake the Project 1999 Red and Blue rule list.

After the rule list is revamped and approved by Roegan and Nilbog unban every account.
Previously offenders will be watched more closely, most of these players receiving second chances will take the rules more seriously, the players that don't will eventually get rebanned again. The population will grow and word of mouth will bring hundreds of new players over here.

The Positives:
More players more donations. ( Keeps the account with money to update and repair parts or even adding a better and faster system to the project)

More beta testers (Players will be more dedicated to the project this will help bring Velious to both Red and Blue so much faster.)

Fresh blood due to word of mouth.

Possible new Blue Server due to the overpopulation of (Blue99 New beginnings)

Please reply with your opinions here, let's try to keep this civil.

Nestea
01-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Lol, this kids is why you dont abuse drugs.

Samsung
01-22-2015, 02:15 PM
This is a great idea !

Ezalor
01-22-2015, 02:18 PM
This is the stupidest thing I'll read all year, and it's only January.

-TK-
01-22-2015, 02:19 PM
After the rule list is revamped and approved by Roegan and Nilbog unban every account.
Previously offenders will be watched more closely, most of these players receiving second chances will take the rules more seriously, the players that don't will eventually get rebanned again. The population will grow and word of mouth will bring hundreds of new players over here.

A public awareness campaign by the playerbase sounds okay except for this. Unbanning won't bring a whole bunch of people back, it will just give the people banned and still playing here accounts they lost for a good reason in the first place, ie Sektor.

Posting in an obvious Sektor troll thread. Some blue players might now know Sektor so take this as a PSA.

Nirgon
01-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Release Velious on red first

We'll test the shit out of it for ya

Samsung
01-22-2015, 02:21 PM
A public awareness campaign by the playerbase sounds okay except for this. Unbanning won't bring a whole bunch of people back, it will just give the people banned and still playing here accounts they lost for a good reason in the first place, ie Sektor.

Posting in an obvious Sektor troll thread. Some blue players might now know Sektor so take this as a PSA.

I respect your opinion but this is no troll thread.

-Sektor

P.S. Sorry i have this second forum account on my phone and Sektor forum account on my ipad/laptop lol.

GnashingOfTeeth
01-22-2015, 02:25 PM

No, sorry, this would burden the staff and let animals back into the game that don't deserve a reinstatement. They must reroll and prove themselves, period.

Samsung
01-22-2015, 02:29 PM
No, sorry, this would burden the staff and let animals back into the game that don't deserve a reinstatement. They must reroll and prove themselves, period.

Animals, lol. People break the rules, not all of them are scumbags, some people should get a second chance trust me when I say a lot of these people wont mess around with the rules and word of mouth is very powerful for trying to bring more players with good intentions to come over.

Tehwoot
01-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Give everyone banned for rmt a second chance at making more money! Plus why not let people who exploit and cheat come back too!

Nirgon
01-22-2015, 02:35 PM
This is a great idea !

You're posting this in response to yourself and then admitting its you

and this thread just magically coincides with you auctioning cloak of flames, insignia protector (doesn't drop from ragefire, BUD) etc after an RMT ban?

Fuck me lol

Samsung
01-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Give everyone banned for rmt a second chance at making more money! Plus why not let people who exploit and cheat come back too!

Nobody's perfect, sometimes it takes something harsh like getting banned to change you, not everyone will react this way but a lot will.

Rmt is never going to stop, you could ban the entire server and as long as people are playing there will be rmt.

heartbrand
01-22-2015, 02:36 PM
this thread is fucking hilarious

Nirgon
01-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Sektor I'm worried about you man, not trolling

You seem like a nice guy but wtf

Samsung
01-22-2015, 02:37 PM
You're posting this in response to yourself and then admitting its you

and this thread just magically coincides with you auctioning cloak of flames, insignia protector (doesn't drop from ragefire, BUD) etc after an RMT ban?

Fuck me lol

Sickpuppy linked me a bunch of end game items and i ooced them to get you guys riled up, if you look at my cleric he's level 48 wearing shin armor and missing 7 slots lol.

indiscriminate_hater
01-22-2015, 02:38 PM
wipe it clean 2017

Terpuntine
01-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Roegan and Nilbog unban every account.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/45625264.jpg

myriverse
01-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Server rules are up-to-date. Derubael just did put a new set up a few months ago.

Anyone ever banned deserved it or worse.

Lifted bans does not equal more people. It's not like banning ever goes past the accounts. The people behind the accounts are still free to create more accounts. I wouldn't doubt if nearly everybody ever banned is still playing.

Last thing these bloated servers need are more characters. Unbanning the losers that couldn't be good in the first place just makes everything worse. Pretty sure there's a mass banning coming very soon, anyway. We're about due for another one.

I'm sure the Devs/GMs have enough work with just Red & Blue. More servers just isn't part of the Vision™. Even a Teams99 is likely to just eventually be merged with R99.

Daldaen
01-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Only change I want is to remove variance and prevent fully formed groups poopsockig at zone lines.

0 variance or a very reasonable like <30min variance.
Limit to 2-3 players in zone when mob spawns.

Moving the poopsock to a camped out character for 30min that you log in and participate on is FAR superior to requiring trackers to sit and stare for 16 hours.

Nuktari
01-22-2015, 02:55 PM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/wDL1ZzlPPQX0A/200.gif

everything about this is funny.

Samsung
01-22-2015, 03:01 PM
A+ responses keep em coming.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Create a penal server, for those who misbehave, and let them make their own rules. People can do twitch streams of guilds with 40 sk's -- all played by one player using a 2008 Dell -- insta-gibbing dragons before their spawn hits the ground.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58359580.jpg

Sirken
01-22-2015, 03:30 PM
I was thinking of ways to help improve the population of both Red and Blue to the point where another blue server comes out.

Have all the Developers and GMs/Guides get together and remake the Project 1999 Red and Blue rule list.

The Positives:
More players more donations. ( Keeps the account with money to update and repair parts or even adding a better and faster system to the project)

More beta testers (Players will be more dedicated to the project this will help bring Velious to both Red and Blue so much faster.)

Fresh blood due to word of mouth.

Possible new Blue Server due to the overpopulation of (Blue99 New beginnings)

no.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8f4a1409cf462a9582f7ee0a9f0bb638/tumblr_mh77x8wpDk1rlhznio1_400.gif

Thulack
01-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Just when i think you cant say something more stupid..

Samsung
01-22-2015, 03:42 PM
no.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8f4a1409cf462a9582f7ee0a9f0bb638/tumblr_mh77x8wpDk1rlhznio1_400.gif

Just looking for opinions i know this isn't going to happen but hearing players opinions on why or why not is what i'm looking for here. You yourself don't agree with some of the rulesets, some players that were banned are due to rules you don't agree with.

Let's try to keep things civil here the more opinions on this matter the better.

Pint
01-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Better idea.. Unban all banned accts and transfer them to red99

Ella`Ella
01-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Wipe it clean.

Samsung
01-22-2015, 04:12 PM

love that idea

QFuzzle
01-22-2015, 04:22 PM
I honestly think once Velious is released, there will be an influx of population. There are plenty of accounts that are hanging out in limbo of people who have gone inactive; but if I was a gambling man I would put money on folks returning once they hear about Velious actually being live.
The rest about people being unbanned and possibly re-banned and re-writing rules and such just seems like energy that could be spent on something less redundant (like Velious advancement).

indiscriminate_hater
01-22-2015, 05:03 PM
send all banned player to blue server #2, call it australia

Triangle
01-22-2015, 05:07 PM
It takes a lot to get banned. General asshattery in game, even extended over time, will rarely be enough. I suppose I am a prime example of this btw.

The people who seem to get banned break fundamental server rules that put the integrity of the server at risk. IE: RMT and/or usage of hacks.

Not that the gms would even consider the OP's idea, but I wanted to point out that unbanning accounts that have benefited from breaking such rules would only hurt the community

Paleman
01-22-2015, 05:08 PM

i like this idea. :D maybe we can have a GM event thats like escape from LA/NY

brb making a toon named plisskin

wasp23
01-22-2015, 05:40 PM

:D:D:D

Tann
01-22-2015, 06:23 PM
note: the person who made this thread has been banned on over 30 accounts across multiple occasions for massive amounts of RMT; his idea of people taking things more seriously on their second go around is ludicrous considering he is a prime example that it simply isn't true

Sektor
01-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Anyone have any other ideas?

Nuggie
01-22-2015, 11:05 PM
Anyone that wants to play P99 that already knows about it ALREADY plays here.

Wipe it clean.

+1

Xer0
01-22-2015, 11:05 PM
Anyone have any other ideas?

Best idea yet:

Any individual who was b& from the game for infractions of the rules should be ip B& on the forum too.

Anyone that wants to play P99 that already knows about it ALREADY plays here.

+1

Honestly I've met about 3 or 4 people just in the last 2 days who are brand new to the server. Or perhaps they were claiming to be brand new so I'd give them phat 50pp loot they can then turn around and RMT

Nuggie
01-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Honestly I've met about 3 or 4 people just in the last 2 days who are brand new to the server. Or perhaps they were claiming to be brand new so I'd give them phat 50pp loot they can then turn around and RMT

What point are you trying to make here? I'm confused, never learned reading comprehension.

Xer0
01-22-2015, 11:13 PM
What point are you trying to make here? I'm confused, never learned reading comprehension.

Perhaps I never learned proper reading comprehension, but your post sounded ot me like you were essentially saying everybody who would want to play here plays here already?

I read it thrice over and I see where I was wrong. I guess now I'm confused as to what point you were trying to make by that? Was the idea not to get new players in? Not somehow get people that already play here to play here?

Messianic
01-22-2015, 11:16 PM
How is it that like 70% of responders have ignored the whole RMT thing and given the OP serious answers

quido
01-22-2015, 11:16 PM
I have an idea: make Sektors ban-on-sight.

The only reason you're not yet, Sektors, is because you're too shameless of a snitch and the staff knows it.

Nuggie
01-22-2015, 11:17 PM
Almost there. I'm excluding people that don't already know about P99 from that statement.

People that were banned that still wanted to play rerolled and are playing. those that are already banned and don't want to play dont. I'm saying there is a flaw in sektor's reasoning. Not counting his heavy biased personal gain if this was implemented.

Edit - This phone's auto correct... *grumbles* one or two more edits and I should have all the auto corrects out...

Swish
01-23-2015, 03:49 AM

Beautiful.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/bravo.gif

Pookieson
01-23-2015, 04:31 AM
I think RMTers should stay banned, as they have violated a rule which is there for legal reasons. Anyone who exploited or sold items for monetary gain should stay banned, they arent players they are hustlers.

Having said that, i have no problem unbanning people banned for MQ flags(most of which i think are not serious useage), and boxing. These people still probably play the game and contribute to grouping, etc.

But the whole idea of marketing our server in general, i do like. But there are probably better ways to do it. Start a FB account for P99 with like weekly updates with videos of gameplay and grouping and links to twitch streaming. just need to start getting it noticed. i think the nostalgia is enough for anyone who has ever played EQ, even only modern EQ.

Edit: disclosure: conflict of interest; i have a few accounts that got banned for MQ flag from tunnel hustling, etc and playing on EZ server on another window with MQ going for boxing there. I think these infractions are kind of ghey. Yea, MQ was loaded, but its not like i was warping around or something. That kind of useage isnt even enabled on the basic MQ version commonly used on EZ for boxing many toons. Although i would get some toons back(none of which are even max level or well geared), it wouldnt be a huge difference to me anyway, i have new mains better geared and higher level, and since boxing isnt allowed, there really is no point. I dont need anymore alts lol

Swish
01-23-2015, 05:26 AM
This applies to gamers generally.. why do people have to go above and beyond to "get a little extra" via dubious means?

Is P99 not fulfilling enough when single boxed and played without buying plat for RL cash?

Pookieson
01-23-2015, 05:48 AM
yea, the whole idea of RMT is what ruins games, especially when implemented by the creators. like EQ now, i think it ruins so much for people who actually want to play the game. if the people who play 'casually' want end game content, then they have the wrong idea altogether. either enjoy the low end, and put in the time for high end, or play an FPS or something that isnt dependent on how much time you have put in.

tl;dr if you are playing any MMORPG for instant gratification, your playing the wrong games. go play console. dont ruin it for the rest of us. youve ruined your own lands, you arent going to ruin mine!

Lazie
01-23-2015, 07:05 AM
love that idea

Only Blue banned accounts though. Red banned accounts stay banned. If you got banned on red you had to be a special breed of retarded.

Swish
01-23-2015, 08:07 AM
If you got banned on red you had to be a special breed of retarded.

There's no pvp on blue, so for that extra element there's more things to be banned for on red.

Aleks.J
01-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Only Blue banned accounts though. Red banned accounts stay banned. If you got banned on red you had to be a special breed of retarded.

Lmao bigtime

Swish
01-23-2015, 04:35 PM
What would it cost to get a big time youtuber (Totalbiscuit or someone) to do a vid on P99, if anything?

Would that exposure be bad, legally speaking?

maskedmelon
01-23-2015, 05:11 PM
I am not sure I would support this :/ I do not particularly like the idea of removing bans from offenders. I tend to support capital punishment for all crimes and bans are the best we can do on P99 ^^ That aside, I do not see how increasing load will help a free sever. I would expect some sizable costs associated with bringing a new server online and it would not likely be sustainable. The population is growing as it is though anyway too.

QFuzzle
01-24-2015, 08:29 PM
You know... One way I spread the word about the P99 server is by mentioning it on the Classic EQ Youtube videos where people are like "Omgosh, those were the best days of my life. Nostalgia nostalgia nostalgia." I just tell them they can re-experience stuff if they want 'cuz of this awesome server called Project 1999. :3

Samsung
01-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Agreed

wwoneo
01-29-2015, 03:15 PM

This is the most intelligent post all thread.

TheBlackSheep
01-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I think we should bring back Hasbinbad. He'd be a real boon to any promotional campaign.

Milton
01-29-2015, 06:00 PM
There are thousands of eq fanatics that simply do not know this project exists. I propose allocating 15% of the donations p99 recieves as hush money and just start buying the favor of contributing authors of articles in gaming focused publications. There has to be some nerd out there writing a passion piece on underground gaming and where it has gone. We're all here for a reason and I think it has a lot to do with the change in game design as it became a more profitable industry. They just don't make em like they used to.

For what it's worth, every single one of my rl friends I played eq with in 99 is an active player on p99 today. I just found it (by mistake) first but when I showed them, it was like the fuckin fourth of July.

There are thousands of eq vets out there just like them.

Littlegyno 13.0
01-29-2015, 06:46 PM

ive supposed idea of red99 as a penal colony.

fastboy21
01-29-2015, 06:52 PM
This is why Obama is trying to fix the public education system in our country...