PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: mage epic pet

krazyGlue
01-22-2015, 07:28 PM
shout be immune to charm + any type of banishment spells. also the pet should be harder to cc then it currently is

SamwiseRed
01-23-2015, 02:46 AM
shout be immune to charm + any type of banishment spells. also the pet should be harder to cc then it currently is

got prof?

Nirgon
01-23-2015, 12:54 PM
No I had bards charm and kill epic mage pets in Velks all the time

Ssok (bard) was notorious for shutting down Vamprea like this on RZ

Now... it should definitely have higher magic resist than the other pets. A lot higher.

krazyGlue
02-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Get this pet fixed please . So I can get re-immersed

Ragnaros
02-01-2015, 09:31 PM
nirgon is completely wrong, prove me otherwise

Smedy
02-04-2015, 06:36 PM
should be faster and immune to movement debuffs

immune nope. resistant yes

but if mage pet is going to resist root, i want to be able to resist blind with 50 mr and be immune to root at 90mr as well, right now if i have 200 mr and get malosini i get blinded, which feels far from classic, blind wasn't even a thing on live

Technique
02-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Charm poofing pets was a classic bug (http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-arena/7994-pvp-what-you-all-should-know?p=167381#post167381).

Banishment already has no effect on the epic pet.

Its movement speed is the same base speed as all other pets, but old anecdotes claim it was about as fast as jboots/runspeed3 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3750#m103234097846927). This is probably something that remains unchanged on Live to this day and could be confirmed there.

Nirgon
02-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Mmmm I'm with you that it was faster than the average bear, it surely was even without Velocity. It would be nipping at your heals with jboots up, enough so that if you didn't get a sufficient bead running away from it for a while it'd definitely lay into you on a shadowstep/yonder attempt before you got it off

I'd guestimate it should be as hard to root as a non-tashed/dispelled planar mob

While we're at it, pets wish Resist Magic cast on them on live were nearly unrootable or if they did get rooted, it broke within the first/2nd tick commonly, rest of durations uncommonly and RARELY IF EVER full duration.

The epic pet with a resist magic I'd wager would resist every single time.

Right now the difference is big enough between what's going on now vs how it worked previously that it hurts immersion tbh

As far as charm resists on it... shrug use the resist check on root vs charms and find something at least close from there

As I'm sure there is no "guide to winning as an epic mage in pvp" out there on the internet.. this is probs the best you'll get along with what Technique managed to find.

RIP The Jacka
02-13-2015, 11:10 AM
I'd guestimate it should be as hard to root as a non-tashed/dispelled planar mob

Which begs the question - how are NPC's and PETS treated with Resist system?

Are Pets considered PLAYERS for a resist check, or an NPC world mob? Or do pets get their own special values?

While we're at it, pets wish Resist Magic cast on them on live were nearly unrootable or if they did get rooted, it broke within the first/2nd tick commonly, rest of durations uncommonly and RARELY IF EVER full duration.

The epic pet with a resist magic I'd wager would resist every single time.

Raid buffing pets, especially with resist magic (and fr cr etc) IS/WAS a strategy, especially with shamans. This goes back to above question, how are resist computed with pets? Increasing their resists should have value.

As far as charm resists on it... shrug use the resist check on root vs charms and find something at least close from there

MY experience is that bards don't have resist when charming epic pet, almost like a rapture. Is this wrong? Any bards with comments?

Is bard charm reliable on non-pet NPCS?

ElemtalRZ
03-23-2015, 05:08 AM
First off no were does it say charming pets makes them poof in that thread. Second off thats the ROGUE forums. If this is the reason why my pet getting charmed by a 40 bard song that cost 50 mana poofs my pet I am ashamed to say I play this server.

ElemtalRZ
03-23-2015, 05:20 AM
Bard charm is extremly resistable. Granted my 47 bard was charming aliz in OOT to kill seafuries he would resist charm about 30% of the time. Bard charming pets here is unresistable....

ElemtalRZ
03-23-2015, 06:12 AM
Everquest Patches - July 2002 to December 2002

** Pets **
- Pet Resistance Changes : Pets will now use their master's level and resistances when saving against spells cast by NPCs (against PC pets will use their own resistances and level as they always have) - unless the pet has special resistances, in which case it will use that resistance.
- Altered pet summoning spells so that they always summon the most powerful pet possible, instead of pets within a 5 level range.
- /pet report health now uses the same user defined color as spell text.
- /pet report health will now display a list of the effects on the pet.
- Mage fire pets should now cast their damage shields more often.
- Wizard, Druid, and cleric pets and familiars can now be buffed by characters other than their owner.

** PVP **
- Fixed a bug on Tallon and Vallon Zek that made player characters in non-human illusions immune to ranged attacks.
- It is no longer possible for PC's to fear other PC's at all on any server. The same was also done for charm.
- Pets can no longer be affected by charm spells. This should fix the issue that caused charm spells to make pets disappear.
- NPCs who are pets of players and call for help from other NPCs will have their cries fall on deaf ears.

I am just wondering, I play this server to get the classic Everquest experience, not a pick and chose emulator experience. If you are gonna allow my pet to poof like this then you need to allow fear and charm on players. Its only classic. No matter what the justification is, it does not in any were imply that this was a "bug". There is no reasoning behind not being able to fear players and charm players but justify my pet being poofed by a charm.

Nirgon
03-23-2015, 11:16 AM
epic pet needs more magic resist and innate ~runspeed 2 AA move speed

FAPhoenix
03-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Ironic that this 2002 patch was used to justify removing fear in pvp.

Please boost his pet or give me back fear ;)

SamwiseRed
03-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Mage bolts being heat seeking missiles should be fixed first.

Nirgon
03-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Emperor Haynar's patch is in, let us investigate after we get done grinding RL pixels

Grimjaw
03-23-2015, 03:23 PM
epic pet needs more magic resist and innate ~runspeed 2 AA move speed

epic pets were op in classic. extremely high MR making them resist most roots and fears. giving them MR buff put them in the immune range. they did run fast as hell. they would chase you down with jboots if not sow - shadowmen style.

Grimjaw
03-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Ironic that this 2002 patch was used to justify removing fear in pvp.

Please boost his pet or give me back fear ;)

it wasn't. this one was probably for some aoe fear spells that could still hit pc's

totmanc
03-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Well I hope they un nerf if you get it your way then I can make that mob poof and have you run into lava.

Nirgon
03-23-2015, 03:56 PM
If the epic pet's resists were correct here and putting resist magic on it had the effect that giving it did had on live... you wouldn't be worried about these getting bard charmed ever (unless dispelled/tashed).

Box Emperor Haynar just gave us a humongous / awesome patch. Maybe resist magic on pets and epic mage pet runspeed/resist will get a look next round.

ElemtalRZ
03-23-2015, 05:24 PM
I just love playing a class that has the absolute most extensive epic in game to watch that epic become utterly useless against any bard that spends 18 plat for a song and has 50 mana to sing it. Yesterday I watched a dark blue bard charm my pet ( I'm lvl 46 ). Was pitiful. I still made him zone though.

Colgate
03-23-2015, 05:29 PM
bard song costs 20 mana, not 50

ElemtalRZ
03-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Anymore feedback?

Coffee
03-26-2015, 08:55 AM
If the epic pet's resists were correct here and putting resist magic on it had the effect that giving it did had on live... you wouldn't be worried about these getting bard charmed ever (unless dispelled/tashed).

Box Emperor Haynar just gave us a humongous / awesome patch. Maybe resist magic on pets and epic mage pet runspeed/resist will get a look next round.

pet needs resists boost

also

- Pets can no longer be affected by charm spells. This should fix the issue that caused charm spells to make pets disappear.

clearly identified as an "issue", are we going with "its classic leave known bug in" or "in the spirit of PvP, we understand this was identified as unintentional, and will fix it for balance" ?

SamwiseRed
03-26-2015, 02:32 PM
ive come to the conclusion that classic was one giant beta test filled with bugs and exploits.

derpcake
03-26-2015, 03:03 PM
ive come to the conclusion that classic was one giant beta test filled with bugs and exploits.

A few hours after kunark had launched, people were foraging VS legs in OT. Guy on server got cobalt legs that way.

Yea, it might have been a bit iffy.

ElemtalRZ
04-06-2015, 02:40 AM
Just ran some test on the epic pet with a cleric 2 levels lower than me casting a lvl 8 root on the pet it landed on the pet 100% of the time. Really, is this classic? Using a lvl 8 spell to root a epic pet does not seem very classic to me....

Crazycloud
04-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Hey noob, the level of the spell shouldn't matter.

A lvl 4 root spell should land the same amount as a lvl 49 root spell, tis is classic.

I agree that the innate MR of the pet should be a tad higher but what really made pets sick in classic was when you gave them MR buff they resist root/snare a TON. I would pell epic pets before i ever snared/rooted them on live. Pelling epic pets was a must.

Just randomly adding in high MR to a NPC pet with no way to counter it would be stupid. CCing an epic pet should be easy if its fully pelled.

Coffee
04-07-2015, 09:52 AM
in my experience both against and as an epic mage:

root lands majority of the time (not sure if MR is helping it resist roots or not)
fear resists majority of the time (feels like 100% resist with MR)

anecdotal placeholder, have not tested, yet

Nirgon
04-07-2015, 03:28 PM
cannot find prof on epic mage pet tho

o well

*loots cobalt scar key and zones into western wastes*

ElemtalRZ
04-13-2015, 04:38 AM
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellraw.html?id=1936&source=Live

rivalxl
04-13-2015, 11:21 PM
That lucy submission is summoned with a Luclin focus. Not classic.

Uuruk
05-03-2015, 01:29 PM
If you are going to take away fearing players and charming players get rid of making a class completely useless.

Casey VII
06-02-2015, 10:19 AM
BUMP FOR GREAT MAGE JUSTICE

Valtiel
06-02-2015, 03:10 PM
During velious on live bard charm did poof pets. Was a golden time.

Slathar
06-02-2015, 04:15 PM
If you are going to take away fearing players and charming players get rid of making a class completely useless.

bard charm poofing pets is a classic mechanic. project1999 is a classic eq experience.

Uuruk
06-02-2015, 05:51 PM
bard charm poofing pets is a classic mechanic. project1999 is a classic eq experience.

And no nameplates on skeletons is classic but you don't seem to have a problem rubbing lites nuts across your face on that?

B4EQWASCOOL
06-02-2015, 06:46 PM
And no nameplates on skeletons is classic but you don't seem to have a problem rubbing lites nuts across your face on that?

pgerman
06-03-2015, 12:23 AM
apples and oranges

ElemtalRZ
06-03-2015, 03:46 AM
"Ok... have to say the level means nothing. I play PVP and I ran into one a mage with this. I was 50 and had a 51 SK with me. We pride ourselves on laying waste to red con PCs. So when we saw an even magician running around with a pet (which we didnt know was the epic at the time) we thought hey easy kill and coin. .. Wrong wrong wrong. I couldnt land a root on the thing to save my life. It was doing so much damage that i couldn't even keep the SK healed cause it was doing more damage than i was healing for. It runs at sow speed and it hits you when you try to turn tail and run. Hard and fast and it stuns and it procs and . .. you die. Nasty nasty nasty."

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1936

Next, I would like to talk pets. First and foremost, the developers MUST realize that pets need to be balance for the expansion AT RELEASE, not later on down the road (6 months for Luclin, over a year for Planes of Power).Its unknown how spell distribution in Omens will compare to previous expansions, but I will be operating off the assumption that Omens spells are quite rare. As such, these pets will be quite rareI offer my opinions for unfocused Omens of War pets (with similar scaling with existing focuses), based on current petsAll pets are immune to fear, and have innate run speed 5 (to match player run speed). All pets have a non-combat regen of 200 HP/tic outside combat, 50 HP/tic within combat.Air pet: Level 66, Max hit 124, minimum hit 44 max HP 5665. Most avoidance, 95% midigation as Earth pet, dodge parry and riposte skills, innate ability to triple attack.Stun gains a -30 resist adjust. Innate (unfocused) midigation should equal Ward of Xegony focused with Minion of Eternity.Innate melee proc (a la epic pet) when focused with Minion of Eternity or higher: Air Elemental Destruction. 0 second stun, 0 damage. Massive aggro and massive stuns for casters.Water pet: Level 66, Max hit 122, minimum hit 44, max backstab 364, minimum backstab 200, max HP 4950, 90% midigation as Earth pet, dodge parry and riposte skills. Innate ability to double backstab.Water strike gains a -30 resist adjust. Innate (unfocused) midigation should equal Servant of Marr focused with Minion of Eternity.Innate melee proc (a la epic pet) when focused with Minion of Eternity or higher: Water Elemental Destruction. Level + 10 damage.Fire pet: [pending fire pet changes, this pet will be a junk pet, like the rest]Earth pet: Max hit 126, minimum hit 44, max HP 7200. Most midigation, 75% avoidance of Air pet (or whatever the current ratio is), dodge, parry, riposte, triple attack. Root gains a -60 resist adjust, and becomes a Strong root (nukes are less likely to break root). Innate (unfocused) midigation should equal Rathe's Son focused with Minion of Eternity.Innate melee proc (a la epic pet) when focused with Minion of Eternity or higher: Earth Elemental Destruction. Snare for 18 seconds (quite useful when root breaks, and increases pet's aggro)Burnout VI:90% haste15% haste v3+100 ATK+100 STR+50 AC+75 DEXDuration 1 hourOmens pet heal:2400 HP, 500 mana, 5 second cast, instant recast.Dagger of Fennin Ro (graphic is Ifir)17 damage, 20 delay, +3 fire damage, pierce+150 HP +15AC +25ATK +2% shielding +5 accuracyProc: Wrath of Fennin Ro (250 damage, -100 adjust, FR)Scepter of Xegony (graphic is Xephyrus)17 damage, 20 delay, +3 magic damage, 1 hand blunt+150 HP +15AC +25ATK +2% shielding +5 accuracyProc: Wrath of Xegony (250 damage, -100 adjust, MR)Handwraps of Marr (graphic is glowing blue fist)17 damage, 20 delay, +3 cold damage, hand to hand+150 HP +15AC +25ATK +2% shielding +5 accuracyProc: Wrath of Marr (250 damage, -100 adjust, CR)Muzzle of Vallon:+100 HP +10AC +11% haste +25ATK +10 Accuracy, Required level 63Girdle of the Elements:+500 HP +25 STR +25 DEX +25 AGI +25 ATK +5 Accuracy, Required level 63

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/soearchive/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=60709

Uuruk
06-03-2015, 06:45 AM
"Ok... have to say the level means nothing. I play PVP and I ran into one a mage with this. I was 50 and had a 51 SK with me. We pride ourselves on laying waste to red con PCs. So when we saw an even magician running around with a pet (which we didnt know was the epic at the time) we thought hey easy kill and coin. .. Wrong wrong wrong. I couldnt land a root on the thing to save my life. It was doing so much damage that i couldn't even keep the SK healed cause it was doing more damage than i was healing for. It runs at sow speed and it hits you when you try to turn tail and run. Hard and fast and it stuns and it procs and . .. you die. Nasty nasty nasty."

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1936

Next, I would like to talk pets. First and foremost, the developers MUST realize that pets need to be balance for the expansion AT RELEASE, not later on down the road (6 months for Luclin, over a year for Planes of Power).Its unknown how spell distribution in Omens will compare to previous expansions, but I will be operating off the assumption that Omens spells are quite rare. As such, these pets will be quite rareI offer my opinions for unfocused Omens of War pets (with similar scaling with existing focuses), based on current petsAll pets are immune to fear, and have innate run speed 5 (to match player run speed). All pets have a non-combat regen of 200 HP/tic outside combat, 50 HP/tic within combat.Air pet: Level 66, Max hit 124, minimum hit 44 max HP 5665. Most avoidance, 95% midigation as Earth pet, dodge parry and riposte skills, innate ability to triple attack.Stun gains a -30 resist adjust. Innate (unfocused) midigation should equal Ward of Xegony focused with Minion of Eternity.Innate melee proc (a la epic pet) when focused with Minion of Eternity or higher: Air Elemental Destruction. 0 second stun, 0 damage. Massive aggro and massive stuns for casters.Water pet: Level 66, Max hit 122, minimum hit 44, max backstab 364, minimum backstab 200, max HP 4950, 90% midigation as Earth pet, dodge parry and riposte skills. Innate ability to double backstab.Water strike gains a -30 resist adjust. Innate (unfocused) midigation should equal Servant of Marr focused with Minion of Eternity.Innate melee proc (a la epic pet) when focused with Minion of Eternity or higher: Water Elemental Destruction. Level + 10 damage.Fire pet: [pending fire pet changes, this pet will be a junk pet, like the rest]Earth pet: Max hit 126, minimum hit 44, max HP 7200. Most midigation, 75% avoidance of Air pet (or whatever the current ratio is), dodge, parry, riposte, triple attack. Root gains a -60 resist adjust, and becomes a Strong root (nukes are less likely to break root). Innate (unfocused) midigation should equal Rathe's Son focused with Minion of Eternity.Innate melee proc (a la epic pet) when focused with Minion of Eternity or higher: Earth Elemental Destruction. Snare for 18 seconds (quite useful when root breaks, and increases pet's aggro)Burnout VI:90% haste15% haste v3+100 ATK+100 STR+50 AC+75 DEXDuration 1 hourOmens pet heal:2400 HP, 500 mana, 5 second cast, instant recast.Dagger of Fennin Ro (graphic is Ifir)17 damage, 20 delay, +3 fire damage, pierce+150 HP +15AC +25ATK +2% shielding +5 accuracyProc: Wrath of Fennin Ro (250 damage, -100 adjust, FR)Scepter of Xegony (graphic is Xephyrus)17 damage, 20 delay, +3 magic damage, 1 hand blunt+150 HP +15AC +25ATK +2% shielding +5 accuracyProc: Wrath of Xegony (250 damage, -100 adjust, MR)Handwraps of Marr (graphic is glowing blue fist)17 damage, 20 delay, +3 cold damage, hand to hand+150 HP +15AC +25ATK +2% shielding +5 accuracyProc: Wrath of Marr (250 damage, -100 adjust, CR)Muzzle of Vallon:+100 HP +10AC +11% haste +25ATK +10 Accuracy, Required level 63Girdle of the Elements:+500 HP +25 STR +25 DEX +25 AGI +25 ATK +5 Accuracy, Required level 63

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/soearchive/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=60709
Good post. They probably working on a way to buff monks and rogues right now.

Slathar
06-05-2015, 07:49 AM

reported for trolling outside if rnf

Uuruk
06-05-2015, 08:05 AM
reported for trolling outside if rnf

Got wrecked . Confirmed mad.

Slathar
06-05-2015, 08:16 AM
mage pets will always be despawned by bard/enc charm. and i have 2 aons so if name plates are kept out...oh well.

luv classic everquest :)

Uuruk
06-05-2015, 08:19 AM
mage pets will always be despawned by bard/enc charm. and i have 2 aons so if name plates are kept out...oh well.

luv classic everquest :)

That doesn't change the fact that you are supporting a non classic change then come to this thread and are against one that would give a class some life?

Slathar
06-05-2015, 08:20 AM
That doesn't change the fact that you are supporting a non classic change then come to this thread and are against one that would give a class some life?

lets keep on track within the thread about mage pets being poofed by charm because classic.

Uuruk
06-05-2015, 08:22 AM
lets keep on track within the thread about mage pets being poofed by charm because classic.

It doesn't matter it won't get changed and neither will AoNs so who gives a fuck in the end.

Slathar
06-05-2015, 08:24 AM
It doesn't matter it won't get changed and neither will AoNs so who gives a fuck in the end.

reported for disrespecting volunteer staff

Bokke
06-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Mage bolts being heat seeking missiles should be fixed first.

Oh man mage bolts were so much fun on live. Huge range, could stand back and put 1-2 bolts in the air and then charge as they are landing.

ElemtalRZ
06-29-2015, 04:54 AM
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-arena/8061-mage-vs-wiz/page2

PROOF Lets get this mage pet fixed plz?

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 10:25 AM
that thread describes how easy it is to root epic pet so I guess we are good on its innate mr.

dafier
06-29-2015, 01:54 PM
From what I remember on Live during Velious time frame.

1. Mage pets couldn't be charmed.

2. If the player was charmed, pets would no longer poof. They would attack the NPC/PC who charmed the player.

3. If the player was casted on, or casted invis, their pet would pop (go away).

4. Pet movement speed was affected by NPC and PC slowing spells (PC being PVP). However, if you cast velocity or other movements speed increased spells on your pet after it was slowed, they would now move at the 'buffed' speed.

Raev
06-29-2015, 02:13 PM
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-arena/8061-mage-vs-wiz/page2

PROOF Lets get this mage pet fixed plz?

Sounds like we need to reduce its max damage from 81 to 67.

Also this thread mentions shock of lightning being unresistable.

Uuruk
06-29-2015, 02:16 PM

Also this thread mentions shock of lightning being unresistable.

That's how much it does to players.

shoo

Raev
06-29-2015, 02:38 PM
epic pet moves faster then sow naturaly I already said that i golem wanded the wiz epic shield off so they have no skin. Pet quads for 67 vs mobs 100 ice dmg proc base for like 35 and 7 sec stun if lands.

First of all, the mage can't dispell the wizzy once his pet's on him because the pet will quiet possibly poof (thanks to Verants monkey programers)

I have no idea what this other guy is talking about.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your insanity now

Uuruk
06-29-2015, 02:45 PM
I have no idea what this other guy is talking about.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your insanity now

http://i.gyazo.com/b1878f70b9e1e63b2839d8908650cb32.png

dafier
06-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Epic pet dmg during classic Velious:

max hit 81 (magical)
proc 143 (magical)
Stun ?? (magical)
It also has a chance at double kick/bash.

The pet all the way up to PoP release had a ridiculous proc as well. The 143 dmg. I think if you parsed it out, the actual proc rate was 60+ percentage to proc per hit. YES, per hit. I saw x4 81 with x4 proc before.

Call it OP, but it was classic.

EDIT:

The run speed with the epic pet was always about as fast as SoW. WAY different than all other pets.

dafier
06-29-2015, 02:56 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/b1878f70b9e1e63b2839d8908650cb32.png

Woops...you already posted it. Only correct I have is the proc type. I thought it was Magic, I guess not. It is cold base

dafier
06-29-2015, 03:05 PM

No. That wouldn't be classic.

Technique
06-29-2015, 04:47 PM
that thread describes how easy it is to root epic pet so I guess we are good on its innate mr.From a thread on graffe's (http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6318-Wizard-vs-epic-Mage/page1), filled with the usual chest-thumping and stupidity, but there was this:Well, ill give my input here as i have dueled a few epic mages before and playing daily on Vallon Zek (i was first wizard epic on Vallon) I can tell you like it is.

60 wiz epic or not > any non epiced mage
60 wiz <= epiced mage (depending on rolls and how smart mage is)

I have 250 FR, i have done tests over and over on letting a mage nuke me, i thought i would resist all his shit easy with my fr. Unfortuneatly I would say at least 50% of his scars was hitting full, uber fr or no.

Root on his pet was landing about 50% of the time.
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6318-Wizard-vs-epic-Mage&p=131736&viewfull=1#post131736

I haven't parsed root from a L60 vs. the epic pet, but I doubt it's being resisted as often as half the time.

Tapatio
06-29-2015, 05:34 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100032&highlight=Epic

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103691&highlight=Epic

Old pet speed thread that led to Sundawg slightly increases resistance. Diplo cited landing 6/6 roots which prompted the investigation, but is it safe to say that root still lands 6/6 or 5/6?

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 05:48 PM
there was evidence (not even trolling) that the epic mage pet had a mustache on here. wish i could find it.

pras found it

http://i59.tinypic.com/o7v8kx.jpg

Tapatio
06-29-2015, 07:04 PM
lol pretty sure someone tried to get that put in, but its just a texture bug iirc

dafier
06-30-2015, 11:24 AM
lol pretty sure someone tried to get that put in, but its just a texture bug iirc

I think not. TRUTH I SAY!

Technique
07-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Tested this on beta server now that it's back up.

L60 root (Fetter) vs. epic pet: 1/100 resisted
" " " " " " w/ resist magic (+40 MR): 9/100 resisted

Compare to previously posted anecdote (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1956955&postcount=60):
Root on his pet was landing about 50% of the time.

Tapatio
07-10-2015, 09:35 AM
ya thats bad lol...

thx technique for gettin the data

chuck norris
08-01-2015, 04:02 AM
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020724.html there's the notes.... take it for what it's worth bros. I currently playing a mage as well and I think it's BS but since luclin just barely came out I doubt they would ever fix this.

chuck norris
08-01-2015, 04:03 AM
But at the same time that's exactly when they took out player charm/fear and it doesn't even exist on this server so you never know... haha

chuck norris
08-01-2015, 04:44 AM
I do feel that this ruins the spirit of pvp on mages just the same as spamming clicky items you can get with one ruby or charming someone and sitting them underwater in a lake or spamming fear ruins the pvp spirit. I've also tested firebolts and they don't even go very far at all, not close to what they are supposed to. You can fire one at a straight shot target no obstacles on flat ground and it won't hit after a bit of range it falls to the ground and dies lol. Also pets have NPC resists so their spells should be resist rolled as NPC as well and not as player spells. All around the worst class on the box because of how strong they were when blue started they never got over that initial nerf spree. I suppose mage population can stay at that solid 2% haha

ElemtalRZ
08-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Bump

Fame
08-28-2015, 08:23 PM
bumping for laughs shits a joke

Nirgon
08-29-2015, 03:35 PM
this pet's resists recently made an otherwise good pvp encounter not so fun

totally agree if we're going to make charm fuk their pet we could make it more useful otherwise

++runspeed
++++resist all

hopefully as simple as just changing a few #'s

ElemtalRZ
08-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Lol pretty easy to root that pet wasn't it Nirgon.

B4EQWASCOOL
08-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Or, just don't expect a mage to PvP well?

Nirgon
08-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Lol pretty easy to root that pet wasn't it Nirgon.

trust me I don't feel good about it

SamwiseRed
08-29-2015, 08:05 PM
trying to balance any class for pvp, good one lol

Dephyant
10-16-2015, 01:41 PM
Being able to poof any mage pet with a quick charm doesn't seem right. At least with rooting the pet or other forms of CC it bring more depth to a fight where the mage has to manage pet buff slots and choose between dispelling the pet, nukes etc making for a much more entertaining engagement.

mischief419
10-21-2015, 12:37 AM
I had epic mage on RZ and as much as I hate to admit it, epic pet resists were quite huge.

Although I have a bard and enjoy charm poofing, there are literally no mages on this server unless epic alt. I love poofing pets but it'd bring a new class to eq without seeing them only epic each time

And if this is changed it should go at the BOTTOM of the queue, below the many bard fix requests that have been rotting for years, pending an update.. One day..

ElemtalRZ
11-27-2015, 02:11 AM
Bump

SNIPERS
12-01-2015, 05:53 PM

not a texture bug. he has scars on his arms too. he's supposed to be the 'master of the elements' so those are supposed to be his battle scars. current epic pet model as a giant air pet is wrong.

Nirgon
12-09-2015, 12:24 PM
would love to see a classic mage epic pet

ie: buffed resists and runspeed

is this a rough fix or somethin?

Uuruk
12-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I think it falls more in line with a Dev hasn't came to the pvp section of bug fixes in months if not years.

Nirgon
12-09-2015, 01:08 PM
this is a pve fix too, you know

the actually nasty fix (imo only worthless right) is getting pets with resist buffs to get massive benefits

its logged somewhere that npcs got larger gains from stat/resist buffs

it was impossible (nearly) to land any kind of root on magic resisted pets, likely completely impossible on a mage epic pet with resisted magic

any change in that department would be huge and a way of alleviating the "insta charm kill" and "mages worthless" tears (justified)

resist buffs being dispelled from npcs having much more of an impact would be really nice for pve too, as would not dispelling them causing rather major resist rates

Qtip
12-09-2015, 08:18 PM
I think it falls more in line with a Dev hasn't came to the pvp section of bug fixes in months if not years.

So true. Post it in the blue bugs section and pray that somehow this bug effects something pve related. Brownie points if you get a known blue player to agree with you.

Sheriff
02-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Bump

I haven't seen a response on this by a dev. The rootability/charmability of the pet is outrages. On live I. This era at epic pet with MR was almost unrootable. The resists were matched by the person summoning it. Please give it a look, thank you.

Telin
02-21-2017, 08:48 PM
After looking over the evidence, I am increasing its magic resistance slightly. It should now be more in line with the resistances described during the Velious era.

Sheriff
02-22-2017, 01:25 AM
After looking over the evidence, I am increasing its magic resistance slightly. It should now be more in line with the resistances described during the Velious era.

Thank you!

silo32
03-02-2017, 04:58 PM

Yet Enchanters cant Theft of Thought Melle...

ya ok

Videri
04-01-2017, 12:02 AM
Yet Enchanters cant Theft of Thought Melle...

ya ok

Don't bite the hand that codes! They improved something - say something nice! Then they'll feel good about it and do it more often! That will be more satisfying than making a snarky (and retarkey) remark! Be selfish in a smarter way!

Slathar
04-01-2017, 10:49 PM
everything is working as intended. thank you for providing a classic eq experience.

Nirgon
04-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Telin is a pal quit sniggin it up in here

Lord Casey
07-16-2017, 08:18 PM
WE DID IT FELLAS

Retticus
07-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Pet still Poof's or sits rooted on sight

Lord Casey
07-19-2017, 03:21 AM
lol fuck, I didn't log in to test it.

Christina.
02-04-2018, 04:10 AM
Everquest Patches - July 2002 to December 2002

** Pets **
- Pet Resistance Changes : Pets will now use their master's level and resistances when saving against spells cast by NPCs (against PC pets will use their own resistances and level as they always have) - unless the pet has special resistances, in which case it will use that resistance.
- Altered pet summoning spells so that they always summon the most powerful pet possible, instead of pets within a 5 level range.
- /pet report health now uses the same user defined color as spell text.
- /pet report health will now display a list of the effects on the pet.
- Mage fire pets should now cast their damage shields more often.
- Wizard, Druid, and cleric pets and familiars can now be buffed by characters other than their owner.

** PVP **
- Fixed a bug on Tallon and Vallon Zek that made player characters in non-human illusions immune to ranged attacks.
- It is no longer possible for PC's to fear other PC's at all on any server. The same was also done for charm.
- NPCs who are pets of players and call for help from other NPCs will have their cries fall on deaf ears.

If you are gonna allow my pet to poof like this then you need to allow fear and charm on players. Its only classic. No matter what the justification is, it does not in any were imply that this was a "bug". There is no reasoning behind not being able to fear players and charm players but justify my pet being poofed by a charm.

It just needs to be fixed

ducktv
09-18-2018, 04:58 PM
So did this ever get fixed?

Nirgon
09-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Glad to give closed door testimony and work with a pal with source commit powers.

Abridged version on things wrong:
Mage epic pet resists are too low
Mage epic pet runspeed without any sow/buffs should be just a tiny hair slower than jboots (nipping at your heels)
Sowed pets should be faster than sowed players
Pets with magic resist should be nearly unrootable/uncharmable - roots on them if they manage to land should almost always break within 1 tick. Epic pet should be like this by default. Basically impossible to charm/root/snare with MR buff - yes even MR buffed shaman pets that were light blue/green were this brutal to deal with when buffed with resist

Resist rate against their own pet spell stuns/nukes/melee "felt OK"

Christina.
11-07-2019, 12:55 PM
You should never be able to charm another players pet. This is broke.

Uuruk
11-07-2019, 12:57 PM
You should never be able to charm another players pet. This is broke.

Its classic. Move to resolved.

Nirgon
11-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Resist magic cast on epic mage pet would make this nearly impossible. That's the fix and the balance.

Christina.
03-26-2020, 12:21 PM
When a new red opens I hope they'll fix the whole pet poofing thing. This thead is 5 years old still no fix, yikes!.

Pringles
04-04-2020, 11:30 PM
I mean according to https://thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-arena/7994-pvp-what-you-all-should-know?p=167381#post167381

-mages suck- they got no hp or shield skin. mage epic can just be rooted, or dispelled then feared.

Poofing and MR issues seem accurate for mage epic in this era. Even with a MR buff this post implies that root regularly lands and only with fears need one bother with a dispel.

Uuruk
04-05-2020, 04:54 AM
When a new red opens I hope they'll fix the whole pet poofing thing. This thead is 5 years old still no fix, yikes!.

Because its classic dumb ass

Christina.
04-05-2020, 10:46 AM
Because its classic dumb ass
If it's classic, so is fearing and charming PCs them sitting them at the bottom of a lake to drown. That isn't in the game tho is it? No it isn't.

With that said .. I'd knock you the fuck out in real life so I'm gonna give u a cool point for being a keyboard warrior and throwing around insults behind a computer screen.

Uuruk
04-05-2020, 06:17 PM
If it's classic, so is fearing and charming PCs them sitting them at the bottom of a lake to drown. That isn't in the game tho is it? No it isn't.

With that said .. I'd knock you the fuck out in real life so I'm gonna give u a cool point for being a keyboard warrior and throwing around insults behind a computer screen.
Enjoy your forum ban

EatitNerd
04-05-2020, 08:18 PM

Guy named Christina real fucking scary. Get the fuck off my forums

Nirgon
04-22-2020, 08:59 PM
Resist magic'd pet should be about impossible to root or otherwise. Epic mage pet MR is prob still too low.

That's the fix.