PDA

View Full Version : New player (Bard at Qeynos) looking for friends

ThePeoplesBard
01-24-2015, 09:12 PM
Hi all,

I started playing EQ again last night after nearly a decade. The nostalgia has made me euphoric. But I'm lonely. I definitely want to play with other people (even at the early levels), and I don't know anyone in RL who's playing/can be convinced. Any other newbies looking to explore? Or guilds that like newbies? Right now I have a lvl 4 bard. Name's Kavalier. I'm at Qeynos.

snakebite
01-25-2015, 04:46 PM
In populous areas you'll find lots of newbies and leveling guilds. Consider moving to the Freeport area or GFay. A sympathetic porter may give you a ride, particularly if you run to North Karana, or you can just reroll.

Right now you're in the boonies.

foldupmonk
01-25-2015, 04:49 PM
If you are still around that area and need a ride ill port you out when I log on today. Im over in the hills right now.

ko37qtl
01-25-2015, 07:54 PM
It's the downside of the low server population. There's some activity in Blackburow but despite my resolve to level out there, I always wind up getting drawn to Freeport. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Swish
01-26-2015, 07:07 AM
I'd stick it out in Qeynos if you know the area. Blackburrow is fun, and the West Karana bandit camps are good too with a pal or two :)

webrunner5
01-26-2015, 09:57 AM
The Karanas are a good place for a Bard to PL yourself. But Kiting is not for everyone that's for sure.

The normal Progression on here is CB till 12, Unrest till 22, MM till 35, CoM till 50, KC till 55, Seb till 58ish, HS till 60. YMMV. It is just about the fastest way to get to level 60 if that is your goal.

maskedmelon
01-26-2015, 10:32 AM
I am sorry to say that I never leveled in the Qwynos area :/ I think the same is true for many on p99. Web's suggested leveling path is the most popular though it is certainly possible to get groups going elsewhere given a bit of time/work. If you want to be surrounded by others at all times though, then hat path is best. The oasis/common areas are also well populated as well as loio for lower levels ^^

ThePeoplesBard
01-27-2015, 11:11 AM
"CB till 12, Unrest till 22, MM till 35, CoM till 50, KC till 55, Seb till 58ish, HS till 60. YMMV."

Would someone mind de-acronymizing those locations for me?

And thanks for the advice, everyone. I think I'll stick it out in Qeynos in the early levels (gnolls and that fang quest are pretty good). Plus, going through the fire of loneliness will build character and add an emotional depth to my songs. ;)

bulbousaur
01-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore, City Of Mist, Karnor's Castle, Old Sebilis, Howling Stones. Your mileage may vary.

sanforce
01-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Yea, fuck the haters, Qeynos is a great newbie area. Stay there and only attempt to leave when you have Selos Accelerando.

Gnawl1
01-29-2015, 04:36 AM
Rabid wolves and bear quest are also good exp and money in Qeynos Hills. The bear is a few lvls higher than the wolves. You can also sell the spell you get.

Mentathiel
01-29-2015, 05:21 AM
I am not sure I'd call Qeynos quiet; I confess that I play on GMT, so maybe Europe just plays Qeynos more, but the entrance to Blackburrow is camped maybe two thirds of the time.

Grab fangs from the gnolls in Qeynos Hills first to hand in for xp at the warrior's guild (http://wiki.project1999.com/Moonstones), grab putrid bear pelts from Rabid Grizzlies in the same zone next to hand in for xp (and a cure disease; you'll need it) at the Temple of Life (http://wiki.project1999.com/Rabid_Grizzlies). When you hit 9 or 10 and can find a duo partner, you can take the bandit camps in West Karana and hand in any sashes to the paladin guild in South Qeynos (http://wiki.project1999.com/Bandit_Sashes). The wiki suggests that you can follow this up with scarecrow hunting from 14 to 18 or maybe hunting ghouls in the SE corner.

If you go into West Karana, watch out for the Ghoul Messenger, Hill Giant and Werewolf. These three will ruin your day and the latter moves as though he has SoW on him, so don't expect to run away.