PDA

View Full Version : Velious launch question

Seadan
01-25-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm curious about the launch of Velious. Will there be a warning before it happens or will I just login one day to find it live? I'm mainly curious as I'm saving for a CoS and I know it will be nerfed at launch of Velious. So, I'd like to know how frantically I need to save!

As a side note, thanks to all that work on this server. I've been having a ton of fun playing a necro again. I had forgotten how awesome (and brutal) this game could be. The community has been awesome as well.

Auvdar
01-26-2015, 01:43 AM
IIRC RoK had a warning of a few days before it went live. (Been awhile, can't remember how much. Just remember them stating a opening event leading to Kunark when certain tasks got completed). So I would assume some kind of warning, but probably not more than a few days I would think.

GinnasP99
01-26-2015, 08:02 AM
I don't think the CoS is nerfed right away, could be wrong tho.

Laugher
01-26-2015, 08:12 AM
If you have a prenerf CoS it will stay the same; it changes names when nerfed from Circlet of Shadow to Shadows, and I don't think it happened until closer to Luclin than Kunark (Velious= dec 5 2000; Luclin= dec 4 2001 and CoS nerf happened June 27 2001) so about halfway into Velious it will be nerfed, or whenever said halfway-through-velious updates are implemented, so you should have a while even if Velious dropped tomorrow :)

Swish
01-26-2015, 08:19 AM
A prenerf CoS was a big thing on live... plenty here tho :P

maskedmelon
01-26-2015, 10:08 AM
There was a bit of discussion on this recently and the only information that we were able to garner was that it was undecided and while some supported no notice others advocated early warning ^^ I would prefer it be a surprise. ^^ as mentioned above though, the circlet is not needed until mid-veilious, so you should be fine for quite some time ^^

myriverse
01-26-2015, 10:11 AM
Surprise wouldn't be classic, imo.

Ravager
01-26-2015, 10:20 AM
CoS Nerfed June 27th, 2001, but isn't this an interesting patch?

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

•Spell and Item Interruption: Ducking will now interrupt a spell instantly. You will no longer be able to sit while using items or casting spells. This will not affect bard songs, which will still work as they always have, but will affect all items, even those with song-like effects.

•When a player becomes invisible (or hides successfully) every other player that had them targeted will lose their target. This is true for all servers, but has the greatest implications on PvP servers. The use of spells that allow you to see through invisibility will prevent you from losing your target if that target hides or goes invisible.

•The messages for eating and drinking now say "Chomp... Chomp," or "Glug... Glug..." so that they can't be copied with emotes.

•Also added a message that will let you know when you can no longer gain or lose faction with a certain group. It will say:
Your faction standing with could not possibly get any worse.
or
Your faction standing with could not possibly get any better.

Somebody bug the devs to start nerfing!

Also I completely forgot about this and miss stuff like it that made Classic EQ great:

Boisterous shouts can be heard across the lands as carriers herald the arrival of the latest volume of their city's newspapers. Citizens rush to get a copy of these publications to read the featured articles, latest gossip, and community news for their home town.

maskedmelon
01-26-2015, 10:28 AM
*begins to pray fervently to the Nerflords*

Seadan
01-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Ahh thanks for the information! That takes some pressure off. I'm new to the server so unsure how items like this work. Did the manastone have it's heyday and then get nerfed, or did it never drop? Did handing the lvl 49 necro pets 2 FS daggers make it godly for a while then get nerfed?

fastboy21
01-26-2015, 11:54 AM
A prenerf CoS was a big thing on live... plenty here tho :P

it really depends how fast they take us through the velious time line. it is only a year until the nerf on the actual timeline, so if it goes that fast, it really won't be too long before the camp gets even more 24/7 camped and prices start jacking up.

Cecily
01-26-2015, 12:13 PM
•When a player becomes invisible (or hides successfully) every other player that had them targeted will lose their target. This is true for all servers, but has the greatest implications on PvP servers. The use of spells that allow you to see through invisibility will prevent you from losing your target if that target hides or goes invisible.

This was a terrible decision. The target clear effect should have remained regardless of see invis status. Making people have to retarget you in PvP would have given rogues a tiny edge on classes they otherwise didn't have a fair shot against. Target clears were huge in Lineage 2 PvP, a game that didn't have invisible rogues.

Thulack
01-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Go sit at the camp and wait for a CoS to rot and grab one.

HeallunRumblebelly
01-26-2015, 12:33 PM
No announcement on velious. Just one day the icebreaker barge starts showing up.

Daldaen
01-26-2015, 12:42 PM
No announcement on velious. Just one day the icebreaker barge starts showing up.

No Velious until we get UI's to be more limited. No multi hotbar or multi chatbox nonsense. No make leader. No exact mana value displayable. No cycle NPC/PC hotkeys. No combat ability window. No buff duration timers.

Man would that be awesome. Separate the boys from the men. Those who rely on non-classic crutches to beat 15 year old content and those who beat it on dial-up.

maskedmelon
01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
No Velious until we get UI's to be more limited. No multi hotbar or multi chatbox nonsense. No make leader. No exact mana value displayable. No cycle NPC/PC hotkeys. No combat ability window. No buff duration timers.

I like the sound of this ^^

Tehwoot
01-26-2015, 01:11 PM

Man would that be awesome. Separate the boys from the men. Those who rely on non-classic crutches to beat 15 year old content and those who beat it on dial-up.

thought you were able to /makeleader and cycle targets in Velious?

indiscriminate_hater
01-26-2015, 01:23 PM
CoS have been farmed in anticipation of Velious dropping for a couple of years now. There have to be several hundred of these just sitting in people's banks.

myriverse
01-26-2015, 01:32 PM
No. Makeleader came in late-Luclin:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020724.html

Daldaen
01-26-2015, 01:44 PM

Make leader was Luclin.

Cycle Targets was GoD... Not even in during PoP when cycling targets on certain encounters would be extremely useful.

Enchantees have had life WAYYY to easy when locking down multiple mobs for far too long.