PDA

View Full Version : Server lag recently

Brain
12-31-2009, 04:53 AM
What's the deal with all the lag? Seem's every 5-6 hours there is a massive lag attack that lasts a good 30m minimum...

??

drplump
12-31-2009, 04:56 AM
I think those are the dos attacks.

rovaira
12-31-2009, 05:02 AM
It has been happening a lot today.

darkkor
12-31-2009, 06:52 AM
It's not the DDoS attacs. They haven't been happening according to some of the GM Broadcasts.

The company (RogentCo?) that runs the backbone wires for the datacenter the '99 server runs through has been having problems.

This was said in a game wide broadcast a few times, forgot who said it, Rogean might have said it once (not 100% about that) and someone named Zytek (spelling?).

In short, it's not the guys running the server/devs/GMs or any malicious attack. It's some company running some giant trunk of wires that this game happens to run through at some point.

One of you devs that posted the broadcast, can you correct me if I'm wrong here? Thanks :)

Kuldiin
12-31-2009, 08:34 AM
Its been horrendous lately.

Have the company given them an ETA on a resolution?

darkkor
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't know, the information in the broadcast mentioning what the problem was was very limited, an update would be cool.

Would be cool to know if that even IS the current problem or if something new has manifested. The symptoms are the same as the day they said it was that companies backbone though, so I'm assuming (pretty sure) it's still that type of issue and not something malicious.

guineapig
12-31-2009, 10:18 AM
It's really not safe to play at this point unless you are farming stuff from extremely low con green mobs. Every time I tried to cast a spell this morning it took up to 30 seconds to land... and all I was doing was casting buffs on myself.

Baldrik
12-31-2009, 10:30 AM
How can a datacenter with these issues survive? its unheard of in 2009

Like ddos attacks, thats so 2000

Then again, we want to play the game like it was back in 1999 :D

darkkor
12-31-2009, 08:21 PM
The company is probably a small company. I can't find any information on them but I probably have the spelling wrong of the name of the company.

"RogentCo" ?? /shrug

Maybe they are in the process of replacing equipment slowly and thats why we get waves of lag.