PDA

View Full Version : need farming advice

aamok
01-26-2015, 02:27 AM
hiya :)

my buddy and i are still pretty new here and haven't stopped grinding to farm. our biggest problem is not knowing what we should be doing. i tried sitting at xalgoz for a few days hoping for a staff but that was unfruitful. we considered doing robes for the monk epic but don't have much else for decent ideas.

we are a 58shm/55monk duo. the shaman could be a 53 druid too.

what would you do?

bspa0700
01-26-2015, 02:30 AM
I say this in full sincerity. The real plat farms are already 100% farmed as is. My suggestion would be to continue working on xp til both 60.

Things I would suggest if they weren't already 100% on farm would be:
- Phinny
- Tranix
- Fungi King
- Seb Crypt

At this point, the stuff that makes really good plat now requires a full group or more to do. My personal opinion.

Pookieson
01-26-2015, 02:37 AM
NONE of those suggestions are duoable by 58sham/55monk.

Farm: Droga is good, Lguk is good, using druid to plvl would be good, cani2 questing, potion hustling, tstaff from KC(can duo this camp if decent players), earring from warslik, and general tunnel buy low sell high always works too once you have some capital built up. good luck finding camps open, your going to have to put in the time to find things open.

aamok
01-26-2015, 02:43 AM
is phinny duoable? we'd have to get some eb stuff but at least our poor asses can probably afford that.

we've had a hard time getting around in seb as a duo cause of all the see invis. the high wiz/shm population makes us have to be pretty careful to fight through and we dont have a rogue to pick a lock for us. we're unguilded so really lookin for stuff we can do unassisted.

i really do appreciate the advice though. we can try and sit on tranix sometime.

aamok
01-26-2015, 02:49 AM
yeah time we have :P

druid pl is a really good idea. my druid is a total wimp compared to the shaman though. i'd probably have to invest a little time/money to toughen him up a little. i've done pl by DS tanking big groups of mobs for guys in guk and a little more in cazic thule. seems like a good gig. wish my shaman could make the plat for me though heh :D

these are all really good ideas and seem like the sort of stuff we can swing no problem. my shm has alchemy but is there really money in this? i usually just make stuff for my roomate and i.

Pookieson
01-26-2015, 04:01 AM
if you dont mind the time put into alchemy, you can easily get like 175% of your money out of any investment. i charge 125p for sow pots and double my money, but it is a question of how long you are willing to sit in tunnel. if you are also tunnel hustling on top of it, buying/selling, its a good thing to do in your mean time.

GinnasP99
01-26-2015, 06:13 AM
i charge 125p for sow pots

http://i.imgur.com/JgqDiv7.jpg

Swish
01-26-2015, 07:05 AM
A couple more levels and the pair of you could duo NG. 3 scarabs there are a nice earner :)

In the meantime if you play offpeak, the seafury island on OOT is something to consider.

Doil_Boil
01-26-2015, 07:13 AM
You can actually offer shaman powerlevelling.. Once you get Torpor. Of course at that point, it makes more sense to use the shammy to camp something if you have the time. :)

webrunner5
01-26-2015, 09:53 AM
You could do almost all the the Rogue Epic for MQ to sell.

Ravager
01-26-2015, 10:32 AM
The Hole. Nameds spawn everywhere. Plenty of decent loot. Added benefit of exping while you farm. Have your friend make an erudite to let you into paineel, sneak buy the key on your monk and you can let yourselves in. Bring a charged cap or a hammer with you so you can get out if you go deeper than the first drop off.

fastboy21
01-26-2015, 11:57 AM
The Hole. Nameds spawn everywhere. Plenty of decent loot. Added benefit of exping while you farm. Have your friend make an erudite to let you into paineel, sneak buy the key on your monk and you can let yourselves in. Bring a charged cap or a hammer with you so you can get out if you go deeper than the first drop off.

This is probably the most fun of the suggestions so far. You'll get exp, make money, and have a good adventure romp. The zone is not crowded past the first set of mobs either.

Expect to not have things on easy mode though. Without a real CC or evacer you will die eventually in a zone that isn't exactly friendly.

loramin
01-26-2015, 03:01 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

curtischoy
01-26-2015, 03:51 PM
The hole is a good suggestion. My 53 monk and my buddy's 51 shaman were able to duo the enterance pretty easily. Got 3 or so on the first pull and he just ghetto CCed. After it was broken it was a very easy camp. Golems are a bit harder but with the slow it will just take a while to beat down. Loam gear sells and there is the slight chance u can get the granite spauldrons or w/e they are called. Plus there is some other junk too.

Loke
01-26-2015, 04:41 PM
NONE of those suggestions are duoable by 58sham/55monk.

Tranix definitely is. We used to duo that at 50. Crypt would be too assuming they camped out inside or got a Rog to open door. Probably not chottl, but they should be able to handle the 4 named.

As for farm spots, most people aren't going to share their favorite spots since popular ones are already known and overcrowded. My suggestion is to look for stuff people commonly want to buy in EC and then see which you can duo and are at low traffic camps. Also, as a monk/shm, if you're just looking to make plat, both of those classes can PL.

Sinder
01-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Also, as a monk/shm, if you're just looking to make plat, both of those classes can PL.

I PL on my monk/bard. its not bad pp and i enjoy it. great way to make some new friends too.

iruinedyourday
01-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Get 60 camping Goldenboots and Djarn rings!! lock that camp down, make people hate you cus you're there all the time, well for 2 or 5 more levels :)

best xp for that level!!!

Tranix is also definitly doable for you 2

also so is the Crypt in seb

ripwind
01-29-2015, 06:03 PM
is phinny duoable? we'd have to get some eb stuff but at least our poor asses can probably afford that.

we've had a hard time getting around in seb as a duo cause of all the see invis. the high wiz/shm population makes us have to be pretty careful to fight through and we dont have a rogue to pick a lock for us. we're unguilded so really lookin for stuff we can do unassisted.

i really do appreciate the advice though. we can try and sit on tranix sometime.

That group makeup wouldn't be able to do Phinny. You can do it with multiple pet classes (by chaining pets) or by having a puller, cleric with donal's BP, and a high level pet class for a pet tank.