PDA

View Full Version : Modern adjustments to Classic Rulesets.

WolfsongReborn
01-30-2015, 11:01 PM
I realize this is going to go nowhere, but I thought I'd at least get my thoughts out on a forum post. This is in regards to hybrids.

I think Project 1999 should have removed the hybrid class penalty the first day it went live. "But but but..It's not classic" You might say. No, I agreee it's not. The problem we run into on P99 is classic content without classic players.

Back on Lanys in the pre-post Kunark days there were tons...tons of Hybrids. Pallys, Rangers, SK's etc....because people were not aware of the group exp penalty. Folks played them, got groups, contributed to raids, made friends etc...People grouped with these classes because it was the spirit of the game to group, fight together, progress together etc.

Enter Project 1999........Alllllllllllllll these years later where folks already know what is coming around the next curve in the road. There are no surprises.

I came to P1999 back in August and was almost immediately aware at how few hybrids I saw running around. After a few weeks and then months of /who class I realized there were 10 or so pallys above 50, some SK's and almost no rangers.

Do we really want a server filled with nothing more than Rogues, Shammys and Monks?

With the knowledge players now have of Hybrids and the mountain of prejudice towards these classes....shouldn't the exp penalty be lifted?

planeofdreams
01-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Exp penalty will be lifted, we just have to wait longer.

Ciroco
01-31-2015, 05:56 PM
Iksar monks have a higher "penalty" than most hybrids, but no one cares.
It's a combination of the penalty and the fact that people here generally don't care about utility, which is supposed to be the calling card of hybrids.

Either way, Velious should go a long way toward balancing class distribution. Judging by some of the posts I've seen, people are under the impression that Rangers are demi-gods after the Panic Animal patch.

Swish
01-31-2015, 06:04 PM
Rangers just need something to be hyped about :p

Gooch
01-31-2015, 08:08 PM
As I remember decently geared rangers were pretty nasty on live through velious and PoP. (speaking about PvP)

captnamazing
01-31-2015, 08:19 PM
it will be lifted come Velious

foldupmonk
01-31-2015, 09:14 PM
As a ranger I cant wait for panic animal. I started the week of SoL launch and I pretty much avoided it for the most part. I did most of my way from 30-50 in Velious, which is unfortunately where my ranger sits at after playing him so long. Once Velious comes out, I should do alright.

MaksimMazor
01-31-2015, 09:15 PM
Love my paladin