PDA

View Full Version : Please educate me in the raiding sitution

Cyborgazm
01-30-2015, 11:11 PM
I just started a week ago, and I've been lurking the forums quite a bit. I am curious: Kunark has been out for years on the server so why is there still such an issue with people abusing the system? Is it new raiding guilds popping up or are the old guilds still trying to get BiS for all their guys?

I raided in classic from vanilla to Underfoot, and I dont remember issues like this.

Lune
01-30-2015, 11:36 PM
I just started a week ago, and I've been lurking the forums quite a bit. I am curious: Kunark has been out for years on the server so why is there still such an issue with people abusing the system? Is it new raiding guilds popping up or are the old guilds still trying to get BiS for all their guys?

I raided in classic from vanilla to Underfoot, and I dont remember issues like this.

1. Because Kunark has been out for years. There are more 55-60's lying around during our Kunark than there ever should have been in the entire classic era.

2. Raiding has a metagame to some people. It becomes less about actually getting the gear and more about depriving someone else, for what they see as 'competition'.

3. A lot of old raiders still play. Some of them are still gearing their 9th alt. Some of them are there because of #2. But there's also a lot of new people who cycle through, raid for a while, and then burn out. Perpetual Kunark provides enough time for an endless and self-sustaining march of players through the raid scene

4. It's not that bad. People like to hoot and holler on the forums because it's fun, but this Kunark content is ultimately still pretty accessible.

If it's any indicator, since I started in 2011, I've completely started over from nothing with a new identity three different times, and each time I've worked my way from guild tunic to fungi tunic, killed dragons and Gods, and basically done everything Kunark has to offer, only to give it all away and start again.

This shit is very accessible. (After Jan.~ 2014, it's even accessible as a fairly casual player)

Cyborgazm
01-31-2015, 12:23 AM
Thank you, Lune.