PDA

View Full Version : In game spam for twitch feeds?

Tombombadil
02-01-2015, 12:27 PM
I am sorry if this is the wrong forum but "technical" did not seem appropriate. Is in-game spam of URL's of someone's twitch feed against the rules?

Late last night I got a tell claiming that "Twitch feed player", I am not sure if call-outs are against the rules so I won't list a name or screenshot unless asked, was accusing me of stealing his GF. I lol'd and checked it out and it was just a twitch feed of the "player whose GF I stole".

This came from a different player name that promptly logged out and has never logged back in. I am asking if this is against the rules because I think trying to get traffic for your site through in-game spamming is really lame.

This all seemed very sketchy because of the instant log out after the tell and the fact that it happened so late at night. I can post the SS of the spam bot's, and the twitch users names if required.

Thank you for making this great game available for us all to enjoy. I just wanted to make sure that issues such as in-game spam to try to get hits for ads seems to go against the spirit of this server.

CreamyCowboy
02-01-2015, 10:57 PM
It's pretty common, plenty of threads out there calling this stuff out. Guess there isn't much you can do.

Best thing is to just ignore it .. maybe report it? I don't know the correct channels to go through to make it effective.

Man0warr
02-01-2015, 11:47 PM
It's just someone spamming trying to get the twitch streamer in trouble, ignore it.

Tombombadil
02-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the input. It has not happened again yet. I was just worried because I have seen spam-bots run rampant in other games.

I did not do a call out for the reason you stated. It was from another player name and for all I knew the twitch streamer could have been unaware of the spam. Didn't want to assume the worst.

captnamazing
02-02-2015, 12:53 AM
jelly your forum handle OP