PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Players can evade yellow text somehow (without zoning or plugging)

Videri
02-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Twice now, I've killed a PvP opponent above level 10 without yellow text. I killed them, they left a corpse which I could not loot, and no yellow text was displayed. Has anyone else seen this?

I speculate that they DoTed themselves with some clicky or potion, or more likely took off a big +hp item(s) at the right moment in order to prevent my attacks from reducing them to 0. Is this what they did to prevent yellow text? If not, how are they doing it?

Both times, it was a rogue; not sure if this is incidental.

Daldaen
02-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Why does this matter with no item loot? They died anyways?

Littlegyno 13.0
02-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Why does this matter with no item loot? They died anyways?

erep u fuk. this is red99. erep most important aspect of game.

want me to quote a law of thermodynamics for u to understand?

Daldaen
02-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Want me to quote how Yellow Text never existed on any live PvP server ever? Dunno why you all care that other people can see your PvP kills. Do you really need that little glimmer of attention?

If there is any bug here its the fact that Yellow Text even exists.

Littlegyno 13.0
02-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Want me to quote how Yellow Text never existed on any live PvP server ever? Dunno why you all care that other people can see your PvP kills. Do you really need that little glimmer of attention?

no shit it's not classic. nilbog/rogean/sirken acknowledged this and still did it.

red has alot of non classic mechanics.

let me list:
no item loot (rallos zek had 4 level pvp range and item loot)
no recharging
yellow text
LNS rules
no clickies such as trak's tooth and ivandy's hoop on pcs

Littlegyno 13.0
02-02-2015, 08:06 PM
red99 doesn't follow any pvp server ruleset.

it's not teams based, its not goods/neuts/evils, its not vz or tz, its not rz (no item loot).

Videri
02-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Daldaen, I agree, I'm not sure yellow text adds to the fun of this game. Why was yellow text implemented on Red99? Anyone care to enlighten me and the other members of the recent influx of Red-izens who may not know why it was added?

Whether or not it's classic, surely we should either have unavoidable, unexploitable yellow text; or we should have no yellow text at all.

Here's why YT matters (if we're going to have it). And let me know if I'm making a thought-mistake here. If players can avoid YT, I'm concerned the community will think they're actually good, that they are players that matter, and that they are valuable allies. And if I don't cheat, I look worse in relation to the cheaters. So if players can cheat out of YT, then it puts some amount of pressure on more honorable players to also cheat YT; and then Red99 starts to become a game not about PvP tactics and strategy but about removing an item at the proper time. You see what I mean?

Dacuk
02-02-2015, 09:01 PM
it was added because it promotes pvp and a huge majority of the server advocated for it. One of the main reasons people want it is because with YT people know where pvp is occurring and can then join in the fight. Also having your name broadcasted to the server is pretty awesome or shitty depending on which side of the YT you are on. This raises the stakes for pvp encounters, which most people seem to appreciate.

Zalaerian
02-02-2015, 10:36 PM
then Red99 starts to become a game not about PvP tactics and strategy but about removing an item at the proper time. You see what I mean?

The 3 main ways to know someone is good at EQ pvp

1) They play in window mode and drag their screeen around causing massive packet loss, making them appear to ghost.

2) They use ultimate F4 or a version of Windows allows them to "X" while zoning causing a plug

3) Know how to pull HP items, HT themselves or my favorite, just run into 2398i2349 mob7s and kiss them, possibly taking your opponent with you

Master these 3 skills and your 80% the way to being a great EQ PvPr

Zalaerian
02-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Also YT was a thing from VZTZ. Sirken GMd VZTZ. Hence, GM favoritism

Nirgon
02-03-2015, 05:11 AM

I'd equate it to raid NPC shouts on blue

Necessary evil due to the player base

In this case for resolving LNS matters

Videri
02-03-2015, 03:13 PM
The 3 main ways to know someone is good at EQ pvp

1) They play in window mode and drag their screeen around causing massive packet loss, making them appear to ghost.

2) They use ultimate F4 or a version of Windows allows them to "X" while zoning causing a plug

3) Know how to pull HP items, HT themselves or my favorite, just run into 2398i2349 mob7s and kiss them, possibly taking your opponent with you

Master these 3 skills and your 80% the way to being a great EQ PvPr

Ah. Okay. This is making me rethink things. I guess I'm going to care less about yellow text and just try to play better. And if r99pvp.com makes me look worse than I really am, so be it; and may it lull my opponents into thinking I can't win. Let them pull their hp rings. We'll both know who really won. I'm here to learn how to PvP the best I can and to prove myself in PvE despite PvP competition, so that's what I'm going to focus on.