PDA

View Full Version : least played and thanks

briemy
02-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Thanks for making this possible. I recently heard about this a few days ago and already go this up and running and can't wait to dive into the game that got me into MMO's. As such now that im a lot older and understand things I like to play underdogs so what would be a least played class here? Yes i know its private server but still something I like to do personally.

Zodiacrat0222
02-04-2015, 01:45 PM
I've only been here a short time myself; as I discovered this server around October last year.
From what I've seen, the bottom 2 classes that are least played would be Wizard and Ranger.

Wizard seems to be an underdog because the don't contribute enough sustained DPS in group settings. Basically you blow things up for a few pulls, then sit and meditate for a few pulls, where just about everyone else can keep damaging things while you can't. They also have no spell crit in this version of EQ.
Although their ports are very handy and occasionally get requested by players, most people seek out Druids for ports because of the added SoW and other buffs they can provide.

Ranger seems to be an underdog because of the average-to-low DPS rate, chain armor limitation, and terrible excuse for bow skills. They can spike some decent DPS but can't take the aggro once they get it because of low armor rating; which also makes then bad tanks.
Their druid spells are only marginally useful and they don't get SoW until so late in the game that no one cares by then because they either have other means to boost speed or they are in groups with Druids or Shaman anyway.
Also, their 40% exp penalty for being a hybrid spans across groups, so they basically are sharing their exp cut with everyone else who basically doesn't want it, thus making all hybrids less popular.

Even though I like both these classes, these are the reasons I've personally witnessed as to why I rate them as the bottom 2 for least popular.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to P1999. :D

Ele
02-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Least played class?

Paladin by far.

Whirled
02-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Partially why i made a human wizard^

fullmetalcoxman
02-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Paladin
Ranger
Wizard
Shadowknight

Something like that.

Wfrench1234
02-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Don't come across too many bards or warriors either.

Sage Truthbearer
02-04-2015, 02:31 PM
If you really want to be unique snowflake, it's not as much about the class. It's more for the gender and race combination of the class you pick. Be a female Gnome Warrior or something like that.

captnamazing
02-04-2015, 02:33 PM
If you really want to be unique snowflake, it's not as much about the class. It's more for the gender and race combination of the class you pick. Be a female Gnome Warrior or something like that.

I've never seen a female human necro

can humans be rogues? I'd like to see that

Paladin, at 60 are under-repped and under-appreciated. Same with wizards, except it's impossible to under-appreciate a wizard

Argh
02-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Erudite Paladin

Paleman
02-04-2015, 02:36 PM
erudite paladin

azeth
02-04-2015, 02:39 PM
female erudite paladin

also worship prexus. no one will know, but Prexus is awesome

Ele
02-04-2015, 02:47 PM
With the rampant Chardok AE mafia, there are way more level 60 wizards than people think. Most of the wizards are probably just rarely logged in unless they happen to be AEing or a raid is happening.

Valrok
02-04-2015, 02:53 PM

I now consider myself a unique snowflake minus the female part.

maskedmelon
02-04-2015, 03:32 PM
female erudite paladin

also worship prexus. no one will know, but Prexus is awesome

We're not that rare :p For a while the paladin population was buoyed by people making dry pal alts ^^ I would say female half elf / human rangers are equally rare ^^

Paleman
02-04-2015, 03:34 PM
half elf druid

Wfrench1234
02-04-2015, 03:37 PM
I now consider myself a unique snowflake minus the female part.

You are not a unique snowflake, you are made of the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

sox7d
02-04-2015, 03:41 PM
dark elf rogue

maskedmelon
02-04-2015, 03:43 PM
half elf druid

That is a good one ^^

maskedmelon
02-04-2015, 03:44 PM
dark elf rogue

Pffft, most rogues are dark elves.... >.>

What?

NizmerThafen
02-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Probably a tie between a Wizard and Ranger, though closely followed by Paladin and Shadow Knight.

Cecily
02-04-2015, 04:00 PM
dark elf rogue

Have a lv 58 one. Played wood elf rogue before it was mainstream.

With the rampant Chardok AE mafia, there are way more level 60 wizards than people think. Most of the wizards are probably just rarely logged in unless they happen to be AEing or a raid is happening.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2iiwsk4.jpg

sox7d
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Have a lv 58 one. Played wood elf rogue before it was mainstream.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2iiwsk4.jpg

I remember making that meme image 4 years ago... goddamn.

kaev
02-04-2015, 04:55 PM

My blacksmith made armor once for a human female SK. That dark purple color for the Innoruuk imbued human cultural looks p cool on human female model. This is about fashion quest, right?

Cecily
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Saragirl and Knix both have human female rogues with really pretty Mrylokar armor that I'm a lil jealous of.

arsenalpow
02-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Least played class?

Paladin by far.

Ella`Ella
02-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Dark Elf Rogue is probably the best because they can wear PD robe.

Gnome sucks.

Wfrench1234
02-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Question is, what guild wants to pick up a level 49 paladin?

arsenalpow
02-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Question is, what guild wants to pick up a level 49 paladin?

plenty, gotta have someone to cast that pally only buff in velious

Wfrench1234
02-04-2015, 05:53 PM
That is good news, I should have plenty of suitors then as I am unguilded now. I quit during Kunark when I was basically just allowed to be there on raids to LoH a tank or cleric and fruitlessly slash at the mob. Or dreaded DT duty.

kaev
02-04-2015, 07:04 PM
That is good news, I should have plenty of suitors then as I am unguilded now. I quit during Kunark when I was basically just allowed to be there on raids to LoH a tank or cleric and fruitlessly slash at the mob. Or dreaded DT duty.

Embrace the DT man, embrace it, especially before you hit 55 or so. Make them rangers jealous.

captnamazing
02-04-2015, 07:19 PM

Why do people dread DT so much? I consider it an honor to take a Death Touch for the guild. To bravely volunteer when others quail.

Wfrench1234
02-04-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't mind dt duty but sucks to be face planted before an encounter starts

Khatilly
02-04-2015, 07:34 PM
half elf druid

whooo hoo I'm almost special

Female Half Elf Druid

kaev
02-04-2015, 08:29 PM
whooo hoo I'm almost special

Female Half Elf Druid

Follows Karana? check
Not a haffer? check
Yep, you're special allright! :D

(My druid & cleric, both human, follow Karana.)

Khatilly
02-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Follows Karana? check
Not a haffer? check
Yep, you're special allright! :D

(My druid & cleric, both human, follow Karana.)

to be fair I'm probably not tall enough to worship Tunare and the guard rails in Kelethin aren't very safe for me :P

Clark
02-05-2015, 03:45 AM
Magician if you're brand new, and can't afford Fungi/Uber weapon and gear to ease the hellish run of 1-60 on a hybrid.

If you got Fungi ect then SK/Paladin/Ranger if you wanna be a less common class.

kaev
02-05-2015, 04:37 AM
Magician if you're brand new, and can't afford Fungi/Uber weapon and gear to ease the hellish run of 1-60 on a hybrid.

If you got Fungi ect then SK/Paladin/Ranger if you wanna be a less common class.

That's it! Thanks Clark you've identified my ultimate error. 3-1/2 years with a Paladin main and I still have no fungi tunic. How could I be so dense as to play EQ without a fungi tunic from day 1. Damn, now I feel even more stupid than before.

Cecily
02-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Why do people dread DT so much? I consider it an honor to take a Death Touch for the guild. To bravely volunteer when others quail.

I take every DT I can for my guild on Cecily, usually just to troll the raid leader.

Celatus
02-05-2015, 09:25 AM
I take every DT I can for my guild on Cecily, usually just to troll the raid leader.

Rangers exist to eat DT!

Cecily
02-05-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm a wood elf who can cast SoW.

Lojik
02-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Before Chardok AE became rampant I would include Wizard in least played classes, now pretty sure it's either ranger or paladin.

If you want to try to be unique, look for classes that have many options when it comes to race selection. Monks only have two choices, so you're bound to see a lot of Iksar monks or human monks (plus its a popular class.) Warrior and Rogue have a lot of possible races, so you can get some rare combos: DE rogue, DE war, HUM rog, HUM war, GNM rog, GNM war. Warriors have 11 options for race, Rogues have 8, Cleric 7, SK 6.

briemy
02-07-2015, 07:17 AM
thanks for all the input

Feathers
02-07-2015, 04:57 PM

Penney Copper on Blue!
And I look fantastic in my black dress.

captnamazing
02-07-2015, 05:00 PM
pics

Feathers
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
http://tspigot.net/~xeyide/images/penney.jpg

Feathers
02-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Oh look at us Chatty Cathies just taking over the post! Welcome Briemy!

I say go with an EVIL erudite. Paineel is a great starting city. It's not really rare, but fun none the less.

iruinedyourday
02-07-2015, 08:39 PM
That's it! Thanks Clark you've identified my ultimate error. 3-1/2 years with a Paladin main and I still have no fungi tunic. How could I be so dense as to play EQ without a fungi tunic from day 1. Damn, now I feel even more stupid than before.

heh its kind of funny, how if you just add permanent fungi regen EQ turns into WoW difficulty.. thats all EQ needed to not be a brutal game and more friendly to mass audiences.. permanent fungi regen on all characters and BAM you have wow.

86753o9
02-08-2015, 02:15 AM
From a year and a half ago.
http://wiki.project1999.com/images/P99_blue_population_07192013.png

sox7d
02-08-2015, 03:35 AM
heh its kind of funny, how if you just add permanent fungi regen EQ turns into WoW difficulty.. thats all EQ needed to not be a brutal game and more friendly to mass audiences.. permanent fungi regen on all characters and BAM you have wow.

All mobs in WoW elite and BAM you have EQ.

Alacres
02-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Back when I was playing (and deciding on what SK race I wanted to play) I spent about a month or so checking the numbers on all the SK races whenever I'd login and before I'd log out. I came to the conclusion that Erudite was by far the least played of them -- with never more than maybe 3 online (on a good day.) Granted that's only accounting for players that aren't anon or whatever, but I'd say it's good enough to prove which is likely the least players. As it stands, I never saw a max level Erudite SK, and especially not one with an epic, but then it's been quite awhile since I played. I always thought they would look particularly bad ass with the epic -- with the robed knight look and all. I'd go with that if you want to be less common. Having the highest int isn't a bad thing either.

HethGnome
02-08-2015, 07:51 AM
Back when I was playing (and deciding on what SK race I wanted to play) I spent about a month or so checking the numbers on all the SK races whenever I'd login and before I'd log out. I came to the conclusion that Erudite was by far the least played of them -- with never more than maybe 3 online (on a good day.) Granted that's only accounting for players that aren't anon or whatever, but I'd say it's good enough to prove which is likely the least players. As it stands, I never saw a max level Erudite SK, and especially not one with an epic, but then it's been quite awhile since I played. I always thought they would look particularly bad ass with the epic -- with the robed knight look and all. I'd go with that if you want to be less common. Having the highest int isn't a bad thing either.

"/who all count" will include role and anon, just can't see levels.

"/who all eru shad count"
"/who all gnome rog count"

Etc, good command for finding those rare race/class combos.

Always need more gnome rogues, warriors, and clerics though.

Alacres
02-08-2015, 08:14 AM
"/who all count" will include role and anon, just can't see levels.

"/who all eru shad count"
"/who all gnome rog count"

Etc, good command for finding those rare race/class combos.

Always need more gnome rogues, warriors, and clerics though.

Damn, I had no idea. That would have been really helpful back when I was trying to parse them. Good to know for the future in any case -- thanks :).

As for gnomes.... if only they could be SKs here (yeah, not classic, what you gonna do.) I wouldn't have even bothered with parsing because the choice would have been easy for me. Gnome SK all the way. It's actually one of the main reasons I've been messing around on that new Al'kabor Project server.

briemy
02-08-2015, 10:43 AM
thanks so much for the input. I narrowed it down to either a erudite pal or SK

Formshifter
02-08-2015, 11:47 AM
From what I've seen, the bottom 2 classes that are least played would be Wizard and Ranger.

Well.. rangers are always needed to catch DTs during raids, but wizards on this server usually just netflix grind. They'll cast a spell every 5-30 minutes though..

kaev
02-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Well.. rangers are always needed to catch DTs during raids, but wizards on this server usually just netflix grind. They'll cast a spell every 5-30 minutes though..

Hehe, both funny & sad when tank yells at wiz in group "mobxx CH'd twice dammit!" I mean, if you want to wiz in groups you really ought to actually, you know, like, um, pay attention?

Khatilly
02-08-2015, 03:14 PM
So according to this thread I'm a rare one.

Dark Elf Rogue.
Human Necro
Half Elf Druid.

briemy
02-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Well as in my other post i made a eru shado and also a pally. I like both now it comes to which is more solo friendly and ar times group worthy. Also might be duo with my brothers necro and bard

iruinedyourday
02-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Half Elf Druid.

oh god no, there are thousands of them, if you asked everyone who had one to log on at once, the server would explode

iruinedyourday
02-09-2015, 02:46 AM
what about human ranger? I feel special being a human rog tbh

Mentathiel
02-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Dark Elf Ranger!

No, wait, that is a terrible idea. The very thought of it makes me shudder with revulsion for some reason...

To be fair, while I know Wood Elf rogues are not uncommon, I have never met another player in the Kelethin rogue guild. Crushbone is popular enough that you'd expect to see someone, wood elf or not, poke their head in since the next nearest rogue guild is in Kaladim, but no.

In the end, I cannot even say that I have seen another female wood elf rogue. That said, given how much time I spend using dark elf illusion, maybe I'm contributing to the myth that there are no female wood elf rogues. In fact, with one exception, I am not sure I have ever met another female rogue outside the beta server. Female druids and clerics are common, female casters not uncommon, I have even grouped with female rangers, but rogues...

Kadron
02-09-2015, 09:21 AM

can humans be rogues? I'd like to see that

Paladin, at 60 are under-repped and under-appreciated. Same with wizards, except it's impossible to under-appreciate a wizard

<----- 58 Human Rogue

fadetree
02-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Ranger seems to be an underdog because of the average-to-low DPS rate, chain armor limitation, and terrible excuse for bow skills. They can spike some decent DPS but can't take the aggro once they get it because of low armor rating; which also makes then bad tanks.

Quibbling, but Rangers make fine tanks up to 45 or so. But they aren't tanks. They are utility, CC, Snarers, and peelers. Outdoors they can pull as good as anyone, and better than most. Gear is cheap; so are the jokes.

Cecily
02-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Rangers tank fine. It just takes a smart group setup and decent gear on the ranger.

rafaone
02-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Paladin no doubt.