PDA

View Full Version : Okay check this idea out for solving the raiding situation

Smokeyj420
02-05-2015, 02:57 AM
So after reading all the raid and rotation rants and all the red recruitment threads, I got an idea:

On the blue server:
All major raid mobs are given the following ability:
DISCORD AURA:
All players within 1000 units (/loc) of the mob turn red. Players that leave the aura turn blue again. When the mob dies, all players in the aura turn blue again.

harnold
02-06-2015, 10:03 AM
That will mean the biggest TMO zerg/most vp geared will win.

Still requires you to wake up at 5am answering a batphone to see who has the fastest solid state drive (also known as "competing" here on this server)

Still requires trackers to sit and stare at a wall for 10+ hours.

GM Forced rotation is a better option http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179788

Daldaen
02-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Or how about if your guild has more than 6 people in zone poopsocking a mob when it spawns, every person poopsocking is transferred to Red server.

kined
02-06-2015, 10:06 AM
if you want to fight for raid camps thats what red is for. if you want pvp solutions you have to be on a pvp server. this would kill everything that the rotation is trying to accomplish anyway - it would just end up with the most powerful/dedicated guilds getting all the loot.

Sampten
02-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Last time I checked, there's a whole subsection of these forums for PVPer and the red server.

Why do they not hang out there?

/FLAMEON

Swish
02-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Red flagging people etc...

http://i.imgur.com/znL44VL.gif

Just lawyerquest a shitty proposal that'll never pass to get yourself out of the rotation and take what you want, when you want.

Then when it gets rejected, point fingers at the people rejecting it to absolve yourself of any blame/guilt/etc.

ez pz

Bolix
02-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Regarding red-flagging for raid purposes.

I was a guild rotation officer on Rallos Zek (red server). About 90% of the time, we were able to work rotations reasonably well. There were maybe 5 or 6 guilds capable of raiding at a decent level. There was a certain tension between some guilds who wanted the same mobs. But most of the time, we rotated by agreement. If anyone wanted to join a rotation, they got a reasonable chance to prove it by qualifying and killing a reasonably hard mob.

We didn't have poopsocking. We certainly had debate and complaining about "that mob was up, you didn't kill it". But we did manage to work through it.

PVP ways of settling raid disputes is terrible. All it takes is one DA bard to ruin a raid - in attacking your cheal line, they "accidentally" bring a few extra mobs.

I can see that it is more difficult on p1999 though, there are many more raid capable guilds, so there is greater competition for spawns. On Rallos Zek, you could build up friendships with the 2 guilds on your tier and there would be an accommodation. On P1999, all it takes is for 1 guild out of 12 to break the consensus, and then the accommodation approach breaks down.

Paleman
02-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Or how about if your guild has more than 6 people in zone poopsocking a mob when it spawns, every person poopsocking is transferred to Red server.

this would be such an awesome idea, but I feel it would be manipulated.

in for guild named <free red transfers>

Daldaen
02-06-2015, 12:05 PM
this would be such an awesome idea, but I feel it would be manipulated.

in for guild named <free red transfers>

Let people who want to transfer to red do so. If you want to poopsock and FTE VS with your level 1 mule have fun but you have to kill it first.