PDA

View Full Version : So how is Root these days?

Benedict
02-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Title says it all. Was just thinking about starting up my shaman again but then the memories come back. The root, its breaking. I try to recast it but it gets resisted. The mob is hitting me again. It's hitting me again. I try to root but it isn't working! That root only lasted 6 seconds! My dot broke the root instantly again?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lol seriously though I started playing my shaman after those root changes a year ago after hearing about the wonders of shaman soloing later levels but I could never get rolling because of root just being so unreliable. I hear these stories of shaman soloing 3+ mobs but HOWWWW

iruinedyourday
02-06-2015, 05:42 PM
max level MR debuff and your longest root spell.. I made it to 60 and it was like cheating my way there. I mean ill go 9 or 15 mobs and get no breaks, then ill go 3 with a break every root.. either way, 1hr of soloing this way is tantamount to like 5 hours of grouping.

Gooch
02-06-2015, 05:44 PM
It's radicals...

Swish
02-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Paralyzing Earth, so good :p

Root is decent too, and stableish... never really used Enstill/etc.

Benedict
02-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Should have stated in the post I read root changes on the front page and thought OMG. Are the changes noticeable?

maskedmelon
02-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Hmmm I've never run into any issues wih root here, but the. I have had several extended breaks ^^ as of now root seems to be working just peachily for me ^^

kaev
02-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Root feels very classic now. Root works pretty well vs. low blues and great vs. greens. If you're rooting mobs close to your level, esp. without a MR debuff, and the RNG decides to hate on you, you will have a very bad time.

I've not noticed any difference in reliability between the various roots btw, if a spell has the root effect it works like the other spells that have the root effect. Longer duration roots break before full duration more than shorter duration roots because there are more chances to break, i.e. every server tick & every DD spell/proc.

Swish
02-06-2015, 07:37 PM
I've not noticed any difference in reliability between the various roots

Agreed, I keep it to low level root if I'm on my cleric... and go high end for Paralyzing Earth on my necro for that sweet 3 minute timer :)

All those variations in the middle not worth it imo