View Full Version : Best Tank for Druid as Healer

maskedmelon
02-06-2015, 07:34 PM
What is it?

Lune
02-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Monk

Reasoning:

Knights aren't even a part of the discussion, because they bring no DPS, mitigate only marginally better than a monk, and their utility doesn't make up for the lack of dps. Rangers aren't particularly well-suited to a druid partnership. Even though they bring superior agro management and dps, their lack of indoor single pulling and their relative physical weakness compared to monks makes them an inferior choice.

Warriors mitigate better than monks, but do a bit less dps. They can't single pull in dungeons, and lack mend. Whatever small advantage warriors have in sturdiness/agro management, will be more than offset by their inability to single pull and their lower dps.

Monks bring an overpowered compromise between DPS and mitigation. They are both sturdy and deadly. They single pull more efficiently than a shadow knight under current mechanics in most content, plus mend is nice for emergencies or baseline efficiency. Outdoors, the monk is able to use Intimidate to (somewhat unreliably) fear non-animals, which the druid can snare and attack with a charmed pet.

Argh
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Warrior

Swish
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Depends what you're doing together.

Snare kiting? Warrior at 35% health hitting them crip blows.

maskedmelon
02-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Hmmm it seems my poll appeared after my post. Thank you for the feedback nonetheless!

Suppose this plays out indoors, still the same choices?

Danth
02-06-2015, 08:04 PM
I prefer a Monk for this situation. With no slows and weak heals you want maximum damage avoidance and output. An Enchanter's charmed pet will perform better still, on average, but most folks don't think of that as a tank in the usual sense.

Danth

Tasslehofp99
02-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Warrior with a truncheon of doom.

Raev
02-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Enchanter with a charmed pet, and it isn't close.

Waedawen
02-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Ranger if you're actually talking about a Player, Enchanter if you're talking about actually effectively wiping shit out. A Monk is obviously a great choice, but monks are just stupid fucking powerful so it's really just a thoughtless answer.

1)Damage shield + Ranger AC / DPS is surprisingly effective 2) DS, Double Charm and Snare is an absurdly powerful combo. They start to become more rare in Kunark, but on the Classic Continents you can very easily find an animal in an indoor zone. A Bat or Gator in the Guks, a bat in Sol B. Seriously, a druid and an enchanter as a leveling combo is to be envied. You don't have to heal mobs when you cycle through them augmented by damage shields.

At any rate, when you're playing a druid you can't roll your face on the keyboard and think you're the greatest thing on earth. The class is very weak in linear situations and you really need to pay attention to battle situations, act appropriately and utilize -every- tool to make it powerful. Harmony is the perfect example of this very fickle dynamic.

You don't have the option to just spam 70% slow and Auto Attack like a retard.

indiscriminate_hater
02-07-2015, 01:44 AM
bard best tank

Byrjun
02-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Enchanter or Shaman.

Slow > *

Torrential
02-07-2015, 10:16 AM
No warrior option?

Ravager
02-07-2015, 12:36 PM
It's a trick question. Druids are porters, not healers.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-07-2015, 12:43 PM

This. Though not sure if that counts as a tank or not. Druids cannot compete with mob damage at high levels of play, nor is it really worthwhile at low levels of play.

Cecily
02-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Robe of the Spring changes that and Velious will too. But your average player won't see either of those things.

Velerin
02-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Problem with monk and druid is monks tanking is mostly avoidance which means DS has less an effect. DS is a lot of damage on unslowed mobs. I'd want a warrior or knight who mitigate better and utilize the DS more.
Warrior+best dps weapon + DS + regen + hp buffs
Druid harmony pulls/root CC/occasional heal/snare runners
Target low blues that warrior could almost solo w/o druid

mow thru stuff

Lune
02-07-2015, 02:24 PM

This for sure, if you're open to non-melee classes

Raev
02-07-2015, 02:40 PM
I tried duoing KC with a Druid on Sakuragi once while I was leveling up. Even with fungi/blood points/cof/truncheon it was just not that great (while Sakuragi paired with a shaman was actually quite solid). The reality is that a Druid just doesn't have the juice to keep a melee up in the 50s without serious downtime. Even the vaunted Robe of the Spring (250 heal every 14s) is half as good as torpor, and the Druid doesn't have slow.

Druid is simply a weak class at high levels.

Lune
02-07-2015, 02:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QURIUSf.jpg

Fix your classes Verant

Psionide
02-07-2015, 04:20 PM
How is this a thread about tanks and there isn't even an option for warriors, unless warriors are truly kittens?

Cecily
02-07-2015, 04:52 PM
I tried duoing KC with a Druid on Sakuragi once while I was leveling up. Even with fungi/blood points/cof/truncheon it was just not that great (while Sakuragi paired with a shaman was actually quite solid). The reality is that a Druid just doesn't have the juice to keep a melee up in the 50s without serious downtime. Even the vaunted Robe of the Spring (250 heal every 14s) is half as good as torpor, and the Druid doesn't have slow.

Druid is simply a weak class at high levels.

Robe works out to 125 regen a tick, 12 sec not 14. Plus SLN regen (2?) and regrowth 15. It's more than sufficient to keep up with heals on normal pulls.
If not, sup heal works.

Feanoir
02-07-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure how it is here vs live, but pally tanking with a druid charming an healing was pretty effective back in the day on live. I kept pretty good aggro and spot healed while buddy did dps with pet and ds on me. I thought it was a solid duo, but then again we didnt make it to the end game level of stuff

iruinedyourday
02-07-2015, 08:36 PM
If you play rog as someone who backstabs a kited flame licked mob, youre gonna do well together. But thats not really a tank, nor is it requiring any healling.. so might not be what you are looking for.