PDA

View Full Version : Why are there no longer Manastone and other item drops?

Olucon
02-07-2015, 07:34 AM
One of the reasons I came here is to get some of the old school gear Sony nerfeed out of the game. Why is the Manastone, and other high end items no longer in the game? I thought this was the reason for this server, in order to let players camp that?

Celatus
02-07-2015, 07:36 AM
They were in the game per the time line

myriverse
02-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Yeah, by the timeline, we're circa just before Velious hit. Manastones were long gone by then.

Morphmcmanerson
02-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Curious, if everything is on the appropriate timeline, how long will we get access to PoM quests/drops before they revamp/disable them. (once Velious is released)

Three months?

Ele
02-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Manastone, guise, mistwalker, boxes of abukar among other legacy items stopped dropping long ago in accordance with the timeline. Currently both servers are at the end of Kunark awaiting release of Velious. There is hope, but no confirmation, that eventually after Velious has been released for a while that a new server will be opened that will include these drops per the classic timeline.

If you want the chance to have these as lootable items, you're gonna be waiting a year or more at the very least.

fastboy21
02-07-2015, 10:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AldUzWWq8iQ

so hawt...such lucky sailors.

Ele
02-07-2015, 10:27 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

Scroll down to the Aeolwind timeline to see a list of the various nerfs and item removals in the timeline.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Manastone, guise, mistwalker, boxes of abukar among other legacy items stopped dropping long ago in accordance with the timeline. Currently both servers are at the end of Kunark awaiting release of Velious. There is hope, but no confirmation, that eventually after Velious has been released for a while that a new server will be opened that will include these drops per the classic timeline.

If you want the chance to have these as lootable items, you're gonna be waiting a year or more at the very least.

Ton Po's, Bladestorm, That one maul from emp, pre nerf fungus staff, that dagger from Mayong, lockets, totem of wisened spirits, uhhh...

There's probably a list somewhere.

But the important thing is, internode did not receive an oakwynd. This server needs at least one ranger who can do some bow damage--though maybe in hindsight he wasn't the right one :3

FatMice
02-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Am I the only one who sees the timeline broken? So... that argument shouldn't be valid.

Synthlol
02-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Am I the only one who sees the timeline broken? So... that argument shouldn't be valid.

This kind of attitude is upsetting.

Nilbog is trying to do something that is very challenging with this server.

You think he should give up because the execution wasn't 100% perfect.

Is this how you live your day-to-day life?

Swish
02-07-2015, 12:09 PM
This is just a beta server for the real timeline accurate launch in the future :)

Ravager
02-07-2015, 12:34 PM
that dagger from Mayong

Supposedly, that dagger was another obtainable reward in the rogue epic quest storyline. If you give Stanos's head to Hanns Krieghor instead of the General, you get the Fanged Skull Stiletto. Don't know if it was implemented here. I couldn't talk my guild into killing him for me to find out.

iruinedyourday
02-09-2015, 03:07 AM
I do wish there was some logic like 1 in 10k chance to get them off their respective mobs just to allow for the feels for some of us people that missed the timeline

Daldaen
02-09-2015, 09:59 AM
I always thought making them drop for a single day every few months randomly with no announcement would be neat. But pixels bring out the worst in people. Once they find out Guises are dropping man would that camp be locked down for the next 24 hours so that everyone's 9th alt can get one.

Cecily
02-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Supposedly, that dagger was another obtainable reward in the rogue epic quest storyline. If you give Stanos's head to Hanns Krieghor instead of the General, you get the Fanged Skull Stiletto. Don't know if it was implemented here. I couldn't talk my guild into killing him for me to find out.

Well back in BDA, Tarathiel was the first person on server to get a Stanos head. Stanos might have been a BDA server first come to think of it. Best odds I ever got, 1 in 3 and still lost grr. They hadn't activated the mask quest so he had to petition to get it fixed. I'm almost positive that the FSS quest will need a similar patch because it's even less well known.

Ele
02-09-2015, 12:15 PM
This is just a beta server for the real timeline accurate launch in the future :)

x ^_^ x

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Creating emulations of dead elf simulators is not an exact science, admittedly

FatMice
02-09-2015, 12:41 PM

Don't take my comments as discrediting the server staff.

The second half of your comment is a separate issue. You are bringing up a larger issue with ownership and description.

Yes, I personally try to execute my tasks to the highest level of my ability. I have no doubt the server staff is also executes their responsibility to the same level.

From what I understand from the description of the server... (quoted from the main page)

Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Kunark expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience.

The time line is not perfect. The game is not the original. Yet, people are seemingly always bothered by things not being in the game correctly. While this might not be the point from this thread; it is the over arching attitude from the majority of trolls and useless argumentative threads on these forums.

myriverse
02-09-2015, 01:25 PM
It's not so black and white. There are degrees of broken. Just because it's broken in some aspects doesn't mean it should be in all aspects.

FatMice
02-09-2015, 01:26 PM
It's not so black and white. There are degrees of broken. Just because it's broken in some aspects doesn't mean it should be in all aspects.

Very true. I couldn't agree more.

Mistle
02-09-2015, 03:21 PM
I do wish there was some logic like 1 in 10k chance to get them off their respective mobs just to allow for the feels for some of us people that missed the timeline

On this server, that would be reason enough for some neckbeard to park a 60 there permanently.

Clark
02-10-2015, 03:46 AM

Mirana
02-10-2015, 09:45 AM

I'm not sure how you could possibly have interpreted his comment like this. All he did was point out that the server clearly isn't following the timeline exactly, and therefore he doesn't feel like "timeline" arguments are valid, which is a perfectly reasonable statement.

At no point did he imply that he is not appreciative, or that anyone should give up, and I have no idea what his "day-to-day" life has to do with anything.

Insert <why so serious> meme.

myriverse
02-10-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure how you could possibly have interpreted his comment like this. All he did was point out that the server clearly isn't following the timeline exactly, and therefore he doesn't feel like "timeline" arguments are valid, which is a perfectly reasonable statement.

At no point did he infer that he is not appreciative, or that anyone should give up, and I have no idea what his "day-to-day" life has to do with anything.

Insert <why so serious> meme.
I don't see how you interpreted Synth's comment as having anything to do with appreciation. But FatMice is precisely suggesting that unless something can be done 100% it shouldn't be done at all.

harnold
02-10-2015, 10:28 AM
I also was under the impression that camping the manastone out of era was the whole reason for this servers existence. What gives?

Mirana
02-10-2015, 10:54 AM
But FatMice is precisely suggesting that unless something can be done 100% it shouldn't be done at all.

I did not interpret it that way at all. Agree to disagree I guess.

That's the problem with forums, it's impossible to gauge intent.

FatMice
02-10-2015, 11:09 AM
I did not interpret it that way at all. Agree to disagree I guess.

That's the problem with forums, it's impossible to gauge intent.

There are just too many images from google for me to choose from, but I wanted to insert the 'Jump to Conclusions Mat' from Office Space...

Just such a good movie. I think as a result from this thread I will watch that movie tonight

FatMice
02-10-2015, 11:12 AM
I don't see how you interpreted Synth's comment as having anything to do with appreciation. But FatMice is precisely suggesting that unless something can be done 100% it shouldn't be done at all.

To my credit I did say try. But now I am just getting all crazy right?

Whirled
02-10-2015, 11:33 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Manastone
wow, that is nice.
So... what are the chances of a regular guy like me ever coming across a manastone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Ele
02-10-2015, 11:35 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Manastone
wow, that is nice.
So... what are the chances of a regular guy like me ever coming across a manastone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Save up 130k-200k plat and you can buy it in the East Commonlands Tunnel.

Whirled
02-10-2015, 11:44 AM
yikes... I may have to look into a credit card at the wizards guild then or something.