PDA

View Full Version : Questions about farming gear for a Paladin with an Enchanter

JickFromTholuxe
02-09-2015, 03:30 PM
I'm just returning from a break from P99 and decided I'd play an alt for a while. I've twinked my pally with some mid-range gear (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Nicomachus) but my coffers are running pretty low. What items would y'all recommend I try to farm with my 55 Enchanter to help gear him up? It needn't be only Pally stuff; if a camp is relatively lucrative I could sell the drops for plat and then TunnelQuest other items.

Sage Truthbearer
02-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Honestly, the only thing that will make a noticeable difference in the life of a level 26 melee is either a Fungi or whether or not you have a haste item.

mr_jon3s
02-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Weapon and haste are all you really need.

Daldaen
02-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Ears - Camp 2 Diamondine in Mistmoore**
**While here kill Xicotl for the SoulFire Quest. You can MQ from your enchanter if you have faction.
Back - Camp Hooded Black Cloak in Mistmoore (harder camp to get)

While in Mistmoore grab a few Mistmoore Granite from the Gargoyles. Look up the Boots of Ro quest (35 HP and decent AC boots) if you want to do quests. Deepwater boots you have are okay though.

Waist - Just grab some plat and buy a Silvery Girdle. They drop in PoSky but people let them rot a lot. Can probably get one for like 100-200 plat. Great stats.

Wrist - Quest a Hero Bracer. Kill trash Minotaur slavers in Steamfont run outside the mine near the gear and see if the Hero spawned. If he did kill him and take the shackle to Qeynos (long run). Turning it into the quest NPC gets you the bracers.

Face - There really isn't anything good for Paladins. Could camp Grotesque Alloy Mask in Runnyeye if you want. Fur Lined Mask in TD is good but I hear that camp sucks.

Hands - Iksar Scales Gloves from Grachnist in WW. If you get lucky you can get the Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring which is a great clicky for a paladin or the Totem of the Warrior Spirit which is a great ranged slot if you can't afford an Idol of the Thorned.

But really, you're better off doing Seafuries for a few hours to buy all of the above items listed. However should you want to loot all your own gear rather than buy it I think I've made a few decent suggestions.

If you are wanting to aim for more high end pieces that would be a bit more difficult to solo farm / camps are more contested (Someone is almost always guaranteed to be at these camps cause they are 5-7k items that are easy to solo farm):

Earring of Essence - Soothsayer Droga
Idol of the Thorned - Chief Droga
FBSS - Frenzied LGuk

JickFromTholuxe
02-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Great tips, Daldaen, thank you for the advice! I'm definitely going to give some of those a try. I was hunting in MM today so I managed to loot some granite -- it's a shame I didn't know to loot them earlier!

I think my top priorities are going to be the FBSS in LGuk, the Hooded Black Cloak and the Droga items. That will definitely keep me busy for a while. Some of the quests you mentioned also seem really fun -- maybe things I could do for fun on my pally instead of my enchanter once he gets a bit higher.

Swish
02-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Kill some cooks in MM for part of the Ro breastplate quest while you're there :)