PDA

View Full Version : best 6 person group

nalkin
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi, I was in a group earlier and we were talking about what we thought would be the best 6 person group in general. It was pretty interesting so I thought I would see what the general populous thought as well.

So, if ya care too, say what you think is the best 6 person group and if you want to leave an explanation as to why you believe it is the best by all means please do so. Thanks.

Jify
01-01-2010, 07:57 PM
4 mages, 1 bard, 1 chanter. :D

Raid targets would crumble.

guineapig
01-01-2010, 07:58 PM
5 rogues and a chanter chain stunning...
No, not really but it would be hella funny to watch.

nalkin
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes we were thinking maybe: 5 mages and 1 shammy - or maybe 1 chanter.

Goobles
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes we were thinking maybe: 5 mages and 1 shammy - or maybe 1 chanter.

5 rogues and a chanter chain stunning...
No, not really but it would be hella funny to watch.

4 mages, 1 bard, 1 chanter. :D

Raid targets would crumble.

yo.. I'm gonna let you all finish but I just wanna say that 5 chicks plus me is the best 6person group EVARRRRR

Sloth
01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
if you could clone me 5 times, you would have your answer

messiah_b
01-01-2010, 08:29 PM
6 various ogres all sitting in lguk hand room

Baldrik
01-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Depends alot on the dungeon and when it happens. AE group with 2 chanters, 1 bard and 3 wizards could more or less hold half of sebilis but would kinda suck in Riftseekers Sanctum.

Anything that can stay alive and keep a steady pulling rate. Unlike WoW, stability in the groups are more important that dps or composition imo.

Hasbinbad
01-01-2010, 08:59 PM
For nostalgia, power, and balance in oldschool EQ:

War, Cle, and Enc forms the solid base of any group. Get those things, and the rest really doesn't matter. What you can add to this is DPS and utility. Utility usually just enhances DPS, so you do need 1 or preferably 2 dps and only 1 support.

Monks can generally pull the best and are awesome DPS on live, although their dps does not shine so brightly here. Rogues could sneakpull on live, but here they do more DPS than monks and can CR. Wizards do the most burst damage in the game. Mages give good burst DPS with a constant DOT in the form of their pet.

In my opinion, back in the day (which was a tuesday, by the way), the best support classes for oldschool EQ groups are Brd, Shm, Nec, and Pal, in that order, for various reasons.. Once I am down to the support classes, I just go through the /who all bard, then move through shaman, etc.

So a few examples of the best groups in my opinion were:
War/Cle/Enc/Mnk/Rog/Brd
War/Cle/Enc/Rog/Wiz/Shm
War/Cle/Enc/Mnk/Wiz/Brd

There was always the AE groups, gimmick groups, etc., that would do well situationally - but as far as classic group tech - this is about as efficient and as powerful as you get (in OG eq, and somewhat the same here) imho.

Finawin
01-01-2010, 09:11 PM
5 mages, and a shaman or a cleric, win.

President
01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Today its really debatable, but i remember in Kunark it was easily War, Rog, Monk/Rog, Cler, Enc, Dru.

Once melee have more weps to power the dps they are by far better than mana reliant casters.

drplump
01-01-2010, 09:30 PM
6 rangers

Ruien
01-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Right now i think 5 mages + chanter is the best, with chanter pulling. However, 4 mages + 1 chanter + 1 cleric may be better in different circumstances, depending on the location.

I am a chanter, and often duo with a mage. We own mistmoore at least.

Ruien Mindwar

axius
01-01-2010, 10:51 PM
prob more to consider than just raw xp power... you want a group that can rock out some xp sure, but it's also nice to have things like... travel, cr, ability to tackle some fairly hard shit (tank + cheal), etc. given what ive seen on this server, id probaby go:

tank - shadowknight
heal - cleric
cc - enchanter
support - druid
dps - magician
dps - magician

solid aggro tanking and feign, cheal and rez, cc and clarity, backup heals and dps and sow and ports, and then 2x of the most op dps on this server.

messiah_b
01-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Magicians are less powerful in a group situation than solo / duo situations unless your group is smart enough to get your pet in on the tanking in which case your dps as a magician skyrockets.

This is only because the 24 fire pet has the same damage shield as the highest level druid or magician DS and the 29 fire pet has the best DS in the game. *shrug*

Edit: 29 has the best in the game although of course higher level fire pets are prob even more amazingly awesome.

axius
01-01-2010, 11:41 PM
fuck you're awesome