PDA

View Full Version : OT Outpost faction help

murcielago200
02-16-2015, 03:17 PM
So I have a 59 iksar necro im trying to fix my OT faction with. I have no desire to go into VP(which is probably the easiest way to fix it). I farmed a bunch of sarnak war braids and I am trying to turn them into Captain Rottgrime(he is 55). Does anyone know if he is charmable or have any tips to turning these in?
I was talking to an enchanter and he said I need to use the 60 charm spell (ench or necro) and then I will be good. Has anyone tried this?

Trazic
02-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Should be pretty simple no? Train him outside of outpost, root him, FD, clear aggro of his cohort, stand up and charm him.

Daldaen
02-16-2015, 03:25 PM
A Charmed NPC gives no faction hits when completing quests.

The only way you can fix your faction is killing mobs in VP, killing Kunark Dragons... Or being sneaky with that quest.

For what purpose do you want the faction? Cause you will literally need to farm 100s of war braids to become non-KoS as an Iksar. This is a lot of effort for a place to sell to vendor who rip you off and buy things at double the price.

The only thing you could do is enlist the help of a druid or ranger, have them snare Captain Rottgrime, Harmony him and zone.

When harmonied, you can get close enough to him to turn in war braids BUT you would need put the four braids in a trade window, Get IVU cast on you (so that he cons indifferent) then turn in the braids.

Probably doable with a cleric or enchanter Calming instead of Harmony, but would be tough to get to him unless someone pulls him out and snare him for you.

You would need to continually put four in trade window get IVU then turn in and repeat. It would get old really fast.

trinkets
02-16-2015, 03:41 PM
And after doing all that, never kill in Howling Stones or half the mobs in Karnor (less of a struggle for most, stupid Karnor). Is this all for an OT hammer or what? Since you can vendor in Cabilis and OT vendors are a terrible choice even if you have faction.

edit: As a necro you can probably do all the things that Daldaen suggested on your own, but it's still crazytown level effort.

Daldaen
02-16-2015, 04:01 PM
And after doing all that, never kill in Howling Stones or half the mobs in Karnor (less of a struggle for most, stupid Karnor). Is this all for an OT hammer or what? Since you can vendor in Cabilis and OT vendors are a terrible choice even if you have faction.

edit: As a necro you can probably do all the things that Daldaen suggested on your own, but it's still crazytown level effort.

Captain is pretty resistant but you could train him, root him, FD to blur, undead calm, and turn in I suppose. Forgot about rest the dead.

That being said -- if you just want an OT hammer charm the foreman like everyone else and turn in a jade. It's VERY easy as a Necro to get a hammer.

murcielago200
02-16-2015, 04:06 PM
I already have OT hammer, thats easy mob to charm. Just felt like fixing faction. Sounds like its way too much work. Thanks for the input.

Autis
02-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Hmmmm.. I have been to that zone (The Overthere) but I do NOT think that outpost is very good. Lots guys that are not helpful and just really not place that i like much but it is true that iksars need a friend but not outpost.

u can add me as friend if u want

sined Autis (enchanter)

Siberious
02-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Doesn't skelly form automatically make you apprehensive to everything at the outpost? Or does ruining your VS faction via HS for example even make skelly form KoS?

I've done braid turn-ins for xp in the early 40s and was able to get apprehensive via skelly form, would be good to know if you can ruin your faction even in skelly form since I like using OT as a bank lol.

**Note i'm an iksar necro and normally KoS at the outpost**

GinnasP99
02-17-2015, 02:06 PM
You can still use the outpost bank while kos. Duck against the wall and you can click the banker.

Master Roshi
02-17-2015, 07:01 PM
train him out, root him, pac him, put item on trade window and have somebody else ITU you before each turn in.

murcielago200
02-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Its just nice to be able to be anywhere in the world, use OT hammer, sell/bank then gate back. I know i can bank. My faction while skelly is threateningly. I pulled him out of fort, had someone hailing him and then a 59 enchanter and I tried debuffing and charming him and had no luck.

Swish
02-17-2015, 11:13 PM
I know this is beside the point, but Cabilis is 2 zones away... complete with a bank, traders that aren't "dirty", etc etc.

...and you can still bank in OT if you can find the right spot, with a food vendor at the rock pool near WW zoneline.

bulbousaur
02-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Its just nice to be able to be anywhere in the world, use OT hammer, sell/bank then gate back. I know i can bank. My faction while skelly is threateningly. I pulled him out of fort, had someone hailing him and then a 59 enchanter and I tried debuffing and charming him and had no luck.

Yikes, really? I was planning on charming him on my necro when I was high enough to get the hammer. Be a great way to get home to Cab from where I am.

Daldaen
02-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Yikes, really? I was planning on charming him on my necro when I was high enough to get the hammer. Be a great way to get home to Cab from where I am.

Charming the foreman is no problem once you get Cajole Undead at 49.

He is talking about charming the Captain to turn in for more faction.

But as stated previously, OT vendors are all greedy vendors (I've never seen any evidence proving this is classic though... I can see some being greedy but never the entire fort)... Which makes it a terrible place to sell stuff since you're losing half the value.

bulbousaur
02-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Charming the foreman is no problem once you get Cajole Undead at 49.

He is talking about charming the Captain to turn in for more faction.

But as stated previously, OT vendors are all greedy vendors (I've never seen any evidence proving this is classic though... I can see some being greedy but never the entire fort)... Which makes it a terrible place to sell stuff since you're losing half the value.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Kekephee
02-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I already have OT hammer, thats easy mob to charm. Just felt like fixing faction. Sounds like its way too much work. Thanks for the input.

If anything, as a necro, you should be interested in raising iksar faction so you don't need OT faction, not the other way around. Being an iksar, obviously, that's taken care of, but my point is that OT faction is just a huge obstacle for necros because as long as you're trying to "preserve" it, you're excluding yourself from killing in Karnor's, Kaesora, and HS, which are three really clutch zones for necro grinding for levels, gear, and money. I spent Idon'twannaknowhowmany hours doing bone chips on my necro so that he could use merchants in Cabilis because I knew OT would have to be inaccessible to me at some point.

tldr: if I were you, I wouldn't even bother with this, the cost of "maintaining" OT faction far outweighs the benefits. Especially if you've already got a hammer.

Kekephee
02-19-2015, 03:41 PM
If you really want to raise a kunark faction for convenience, raise your FV faction. It's nice to be able to run into the outpost and vendor instead of having to go all the way to Cab from EJ or whatever. Camp yourself some gazughi rings, make a bunch of money, and get that faction while you're at it, it's slick nice