PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no LFG section?

Hailto
02-19-2015, 02:37 AM
Why don't we have a LFG section on the forums, since you apparently can't do /who all lfg anymore. Would make things much easier, post when you need more people or use the search function if you're looking for a group on your character. Make this happen please.

golten
02-19-2015, 02:44 AM
i second this! simple solution to a silly problem

Speedi
02-19-2015, 02:46 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Get to it guys!

khanable
02-19-2015, 03:40 AM
When I was your age, we went to the zone and asked who was LFG

MilanderTruewield
02-19-2015, 05:05 AM
^

Hailto
02-19-2015, 05:26 AM
Been here since 2010, doesn't mean we shouldn't implement changes to make things less tedious.

Clark
02-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Get to it guys!

Doil_Boil
02-19-2015, 07:17 AM

Ahaha :) Live population was a little higher too though. I mean at level 40 you used to be able to go to any number of zones and ooc for a group, now it's like pick either MM/DL/OT/CoM or recruit from around the globe.

The LFG section would definitely help with the latter.

Zheta
02-19-2015, 07:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mUHHfMg.gif

shamanredux
02-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Could we also get a CC forum? People could post their most recent CC's so that I no longer have to /tell someone in the zone to do a CC for me. (Gets super annoying having to ask.)

Doil_Boil
02-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Could we also get a CC forum? People could post their most recent CC's so that I no longer have to /tell someone in the zone to do a CC for me. (Gets super annoying having to ask.)

That would never ever be updated.

Good idea, just isn't gonna happen.

FatMice
02-19-2015, 10:41 AM
To me this sounds something along the lines of the real time auction log that is available; http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/, in the sense of a third party website for direct live information. If this page had added a LFG type IIRC (classic) chat room along with the steady stream of auction updates, you are essentially killing two trolls with one stone.

I wouldn't ask for a separate forum just for 'Looking For Group'. If you really want a group start messaging people, make some friends, or join a guild. However, I do like the idea of one location where active players looking for a group or a group looking for more people can convene.

Tristantio possibilities?

ripwind
02-19-2015, 10:54 AM
I like the idea, Zoole, but ahungry is based on auditing of logs. Someone would need to be in each zone, having the scanner running, for that to be effective.

FatMice
02-19-2015, 10:58 AM
I knew someone was going to interrupt my comment like that. It was not my intent for players to actively have a log per zone. Technically be possible, but the parse would rely to much on the individual player.

I was only suggesting a chat room for 'Looking For Group/More' players. My suggestion would be to locate this chat room juxtaposed to an already popular auction website.

Burrito
02-19-2015, 10:59 AM
I like the idea, Zoole, but ahungry is based on auditing of logs. Someone would need to be in each zone, having the scanner running, for that to be effective.

Hook me up with 93 IP exemptions please.

Kreylyn
02-19-2015, 11:57 AM
Tried it... p99lfg.com

Didn't really get the traction and use except for Russian spammers.

Working on an update to improve it, but we'll see.

Krey

FatMice
02-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Ah! Look at that.

See I think this and the auction website should be merged or reference each others website! Coordinate you two.

Lune
02-19-2015, 12:38 PM
inb4 10 pages of hybrids trying to get you to pay their exp penalty (aka karnor's castle: the forum)

but no really this is something i'd like to see

Whirled
02-19-2015, 12:43 PM
?ooc world wide? or did that get changed for classic?

ripwind
02-19-2015, 12:48 PM
What about a web irc plugin on the wiki or forums? Might get more traction than one on ahungry.

Sage Truthbearer
02-19-2015, 01:59 PM
+1

Wwoe
02-19-2015, 03:31 PM
I like this idea. But no need to make a new site or do anything complicated. Just make a new page on forums and people can search just like EC Tunnel section. Easy.

GSZ
02-19-2015, 04:00 PM
I like this idea. But no need to make a new site or do anything complicated. Just make a new page on forums and people can search just like EC Tunnel section. Easy.

This.

Doesn't need to be dynamically updated or even link to the LFG function in the game whatsoever.

Basically would let people notify others that they're going to be logging in at a certain time and would like to group in a specific zone / camp / level range. The desired outcome might be less time spent LFG when you finally do login and more time spent killing it steady.

For example, a thread in this proposed sub section might look like this:

Title: 54 War LF The Hole Group - 4:00 EST

Post: As the title states I'll be looking for people to join me in The Hole starting at 4:00 EST today. I'm logged out right outside, so hoping we can get started right away if enough people are interested. Feel free to send me a tell in game around 4:00, or better yet post your class and level here if interested and I'll save your spot.

Ironically, I was looking for a place to post something very similar to this when I stumbled across this thread. Seems like a LFG sub forum would be more appropriate than putting it in General.

SunDrake
02-19-2015, 09:13 PM
This.

Doesn't need to be dynamically updated or even link to the LFG function in the game whatsoever.

Basically would let people notify others that they're going to be logging in at a certain time and would like to group in a specific zone / camp / level range. The desired outcome might be less time spent LFG when you finally do login and more time spent killing it steady.

For example, a thread in this proposed sub section might look like this:

Title: 54 War LF The Hole Group - 4:00 EST

Post: As the title states I'll be looking for people to join me in The Hole starting at 4:00 EST today. I'm logged out right outside, so hoping we can get started right away if enough people are interested. Feel free to send me a tell in game around 4:00, or better yet post your class and level here if interested and I'll save your spot.

Ironically, I was looking for a place to post something very similar to this when I stumbled across this thread. Seems like a LFG sub forum would be more appropriate than putting it in General.

+1

Hailto
02-20-2015, 03:51 AM
To me this sounds something along the lines of the real time auction log that is available; http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/, in the sense of a third party website for direct live information. If this page had added a LFG type IIRC (classic) chat room along with the steady stream of auction updates, you are essentially killing two trolls with one stone.

I wouldn't ask for a separate forum just for 'Looking For Group'. If you really want a group start messaging people, make some friends, or join a guild. However, I do like the idea of one location where active players looking for a group or a group looking for more people can convene.

Tristantio possibilities?

There's no reason to host the LFG stuff on a separate site, obviously these forums get the most traffic so that's where it should be hosted. All it would take is creating a new forum section, super easy to implement, pls do.

Villia
02-20-2015, 03:55 AM
I 2nd/3rd/4th ..? this

Green_Moe
02-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Completely agree. Forum guru please give this idea some lovin'.

Swish
02-20-2015, 04:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1gBWIug.gif

perditionparty
02-20-2015, 04:55 PM

how is an LFG forum/board any different than wikis and this forum?

myriverse
02-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Skateboard cat's a wise cat.

But yeah, what's wrong with LFGing in Server Chat?

/shrug

Ravager
02-20-2015, 07:44 PM
In some zones /who all lfg works all of the time. Gorge of King Xorbb for instance it works. Maybe sometime I'll travel Norrath and make a list of them all.

Ravager
02-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Also, I'm not smart with Twitter, but couldn't people just do something like #Blue99LFG?

Hailto
02-20-2015, 11:23 PM

Dumb

FatMice
02-21-2015, 10:49 AM
49 Monk LFG.

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-21-2015, 03:22 PM

And we walked there, too. And then the servers would crash. And then when they came up, you would be back naked at your bind spot. And we would then run back, get our corpses, and try again tomorrow.

Swish
02-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Dumb

Sorry you're rustled Hailto :(

The LFG tag should be working properly here? I know it used to. Or is that a timeline addition in the next patch?

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000830.html

AUGUST 30, 2000
Today we modified the EverQuest client to implement the following changes:

- Corrected a bug that would cause players to crash if they entered the game, exited to the server selection screen, and tried to reenter the game.
- Corrected a bug that caused delays when switching between UI modes due to the text wrapping change implemented last week.
- The /book command (/book #) now accepts pages 1 through 50, and will switch to the proper page.
- Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin meditating providing that you have the skill.
- Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.
- You can now activate a hotkey while the spellbook is open by pressing the corresponding number-key.
- The "/target [name]" command can be used to target other players by name. Please note that this ability is subject to the range to the target.
- EverQuest will now write the original default colors when creating the EQCLIENT.INI file, rather than the new colors that were put in a few weeks ago.
- The @-character can be used in emotes to indicate a target. For instance, if you target "a gnoll" and type "/emote laughs cruelly at @", the output will be, "Playername laughs cruelly at a gnoll".
- People with the /LFG (Looking for Group) flag set will now have their over-head name prefixed with an asterisk. Remember that you can search for people looking for a group by using the "/who" and "/who all" commands. Typing "/who all ranger 40 50 lfg" will return a list of all rangers between 40 and 50 that are looking for a group.
- The "Sense" series (Undead, Animal, and Summoned) will no longer point you towards people's pets.

If not, Daldaen style... perhaps LFG should be visibly removed until then?

Hailto
02-25-2015, 05:03 PM
bump, make this happen pls

kchisarik
02-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Agree 100%, a LFG channel (or the flag to work with /who all) would be great.

perditionparty
02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
(or the flag to work with /who all)

/who all <level range> lfg

/who all 20 30 warrior (or whatever class/level combo) will list everyone and you can see their LFG tags along with them

skipdog
02-25-2015, 07:50 PM
The best solution would be for '/who all LFG' to actually work like its supposed to.

None of these other solutions are any good at all.

Hailto
02-25-2015, 11:07 PM
The best solution would be for '/who all LFG' to actually work like its supposed to.

None of these other solutions are any good at all.

Ezalor
03-18-2015, 03:05 PM
bump because there's no reason to have a deadass screenshots subforum and not this

FatMice
03-18-2015, 03:08 PM
bump because there's no reason to have a deadass screenshots subforum and not this

Lol'd

Korndog
03-18-2015, 03:57 PM
+1!

This would be a handy feature for those folk who want to group up on a limited time window. I would imagine an example thread looking something like this...

--------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 12 Cleric LFG @ EC Tunnel
Time: 6:00 PM CST
Where: Willing to do WC dervs or N. Ro. Send /tell to Guppy.

Reply if interested!

--------------------------------------------------------