PDA

View Full Version : Would you support another forced beta weekend?

Swish
02-27-2015, 10:55 AM
What's your response? Vote now, it counts.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mch3dahJQ21qa94h1o1_400.gif

Erati
02-27-2015, 11:00 AM
yes esp if it ends in a Sim - Repop

Daldaen
02-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Yes. Still much to be tested.

Close down Blue and Red. Turn off global OOC. Patch Beta so we can test Tunare and 10th Ring War.

Brocode
02-27-2015, 11:02 AM
How broken is velious atm? To get a real beta test is to release it, forced beta wont make people really make any effort over it, its like going to the gym, unless you want it, not gonna happen.

myriverse
02-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Don't really care one way or another.

Mentathiel
02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
The last event was right after I joined. Having no idea what I was doing, I lasted all of half an hour before logging off and playing ME3 for a few days. As a newbie (as far as P1999 was concerned) who hadn't seen these zones for a decade, I felt like I had nothing to contribute and nothing to gain.

This time around, I understand the importance and might try to help out. I might go and play on red instead, so maybe I support it in principle without endorsing it.

Without enforced beta, not enough people care. The server will be disrupted (badly) and that is a bad thing, but it needs testing. Maybe there are better ways of doing these things and maybe not, but this is how P1999 does it and the disruption is probably worth it for the huge strides toward Velious.

Ravager
02-27-2015, 12:23 PM
They'd probably have better results incentivizing Beta than forcing it with random drawings for Guises or other legacy items weighted by how much time you spend testing and what you test, but a system like this might be more work to implement than it'd be worth.

Ele
02-27-2015, 12:26 PM
They'd probably have better results incentivizing Beta than forcing it with random drawings for Guises or other legacy items weighted by how much time you spend testing and what you test, but a system like this might be more work to implement than it'd be worth.

How about forcing beta testing by randomly removing 1 legacy item from a random player on blue/red every day until Velious releases?

Swish
02-27-2015, 12:26 PM

I like that, and that would be nice ^^

Anyone got a book they've been meaning to get to for ages, or a project in their garage that needs finishing...? You want to do it, but you never get around to it. Maybe we all need a collective kick up the ass, I don't see it being released before it's ready.

Mentathiel
02-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Or give a certain percentage of xp earned from quests (adjusted based on level) back to the character who was copied onto beta. I bet that would get people testing the quests pretty fast.

Thatt
02-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Or add non-beta, non-velious zones/content to the beta server. I'd permanently play on the beta server in that instance. Why? I don't want to betabuff because having my first ever P99 level 60 would spoil content that I've never seen before.

I'd test quests as I leveled in velious.. but I'd also have access to new spells as I needed them.

Cecily
02-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Lol if you think your support of a (keyword) forced beta makes a difference. Bush knocked down the towers.

maskedmelon
02-27-2015, 03:41 PM
No, I would prefer to see Velious held off for another year... At least ^^

khanable
02-27-2015, 03:49 PM
yes

Ravager
02-27-2015, 06:21 PM
How about forcing beta testing by randomly removing 1 legacy item from a random player on blue/red every day until Velious releases?

lol

khanable
02-27-2015, 06:24 PM
move everyone from blue to red and don't let them leave until they've done sufficient testing

Doil_Boil
02-27-2015, 09:27 PM
I honestly haven't done much Velious content (beyond like Velks) and I really don't care to ruin the first time experience for myself testing it.

Selfish? Sure. Sorry!

ArumTP
02-28-2015, 12:52 AM
Why would someone want to go through all the trouble of clearing PoG for nothing, or PoM, or doing trades skillups on beta for shawls, or going through all the stuff for a ringwar.

Nobody wants to test drop rates, to usually get thrown in your face must be bad RNG, working as intended, or prove it. Nobody wants to go through the work to get the drops to test a quest to make sure the quest is working.

It is work with no rewards

dontbanpls
02-28-2015, 12:54 AM
totally supported, best recruitment red ever had

HallyVee
02-28-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm not concerned one way or another about Velious but if the devs need a weekend, what of it?

Xelnos21
02-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Aw yeah I legitimately like buggy games. This'd be fun

Clark
02-28-2015, 09:29 PM
No.