PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood of Server Reset or New Server?

Huggz
02-28-2015, 09:26 PM
Hass there been any talk of a fresh Server? Reset or otherwise?

I would love to be part of a brand new server again.

Of course, I am sure a lot of people wouldn't be interested, but it would be a blast.

Thanks.

Swish
02-28-2015, 09:27 PM
It's a FAQ for sure.

They'll never wipe this server, but there is a pvp teams server way waaaaay in the distance which will be fresh.

Huggz
02-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Well thats reassuring. Thanks.

Huggz
02-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I guess I just feel like the attitudes of many of the players plus the general upside-down feel of a server being farmed out for 2.5 years on the same expansion is pretty bad for the state of the server.

Clark
02-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I would support a wipe.

Huggz
02-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I noticed that you have several 60s and probably a shitload of net-worth, yet you would still support a server wipe Clark?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Clark has a sickness

Clark
02-28-2015, 10:05 PM
I noticed that you have several 60s and probably a shitload of net-worth, yet you would still support a server wipe Clark?

Absolutely. 100% in support of a wipe.

Too many epics and MQs. Would make the competition more gritty. We are also way off from the realistic timeline; which is okay and understandable, but unfortunate none the less.

Classic EQ is so fun!

wycca
02-28-2015, 10:19 PM
I'd support a server wipe, but I think we will all just have to wait until Velious is old and they launch a new blue using classic timeline.

triad
02-28-2015, 10:22 PM
I'd support a server wipe, but I think we will all just have to wait until Velious is old and they launch a new blue using classic timeline.

this .. theres no reason to restart now .. might as well do a run through velious clean it up and do a fresh run with all 3 exps worked out

Stabulous
02-28-2015, 11:59 PM
Live EQ is doing another progression server soon if that interests you. A poll about the ruleset is up in-game now and closes around the end of March. One of the options is vote to advance with a hard lock at a certain expansion, so it could be good.

kunarking
03-01-2015, 12:14 AM
i say wipe it too.. would be awesome

myriverse
03-01-2015, 08:14 AM
I would support a wipe.
Delete your characters, taking all their stuff with them, then. Show us the way, oh self-righteous one. :)

Wiping starts with your own crack.

Doil_Boil
03-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Super supportive of a wipe. Unfortunately, it will need to be after Velious. Despite all the patient testing and hard work, Velious release is going to be another stage of beta in which we will need to sort out things that are incorrect and help the developers match it to the proper timeline.

After which, a proper progression server is the only logical choice!

Huggz
03-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Excited to see that there is so much support of a new server. Can't wait for the fresh feel, mutually competitive and supportive play.

Huggz
03-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Excited to see that there is so much support of a new server. Can't wait for the fresh feel, mutually competitive and supportive play.

sox7d
03-01-2015, 01:35 PM
If you think the DDoS threat is bad now, imagine what it would be when 100+ that have devoted 16+ hours a day for the last 5 years lose everything because pre-50 characters want a more classic experience.

I would LOVE a server wipe, I hate how top-heavy/commodotized the server is with a fiery passion. But it won't happen.

>tfw no classic classic server

SCB
03-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Don't need to wipe this server, just release 2.0 once Velious is finished (as in, fully patched to the end of timeline) and have it be on the original timeline.

Rararboker
03-01-2015, 05:33 PM
I was under the impression that the current p99 server is a beta (albeit long running) for the real server once all those patches/expansions are done. At least I've seen staff mention that before. Anyone got a link?

Waedawen
03-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Delete your characters, taking all their stuff with them, then. Show us the way, oh self-righteous one. :)

Wiping starts with your own crack.

get a load of this guy

Vidar
03-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Live EQ is doing another progression server soon if that interests you. A poll about the ruleset is up in-game now and closes around the end of March. One of the options is vote to advance with a hard lock at a certain expansion, so it could be good.

Link please

sox7d
03-01-2015, 07:46 PM

>https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?forums/time-locked-progression-servers.21/
>Half the threads are "what's best <2-6> box comp?"
>mfw

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/212/370/f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg

fastboy21
03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
its very unlikely. if for no other reason that the very slight admission that this option is even being considered by the devs/rogean/nilbog it would totally undermine the stability of the server.

then again, p99 existing at all was very unlikely considering. so who knows? its a static server (or will be once velious and patches are added), it can't go on "forever".

fastboy21
03-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Link please

its been pretty much confirmed. there has been no official announcements, but the word is out and they have an official poll going to see what ruleset ppl would want.

Huggz
03-02-2015, 02:14 AM
I would wager that most of the people posting here are not "sub-level 50" and several of us have multiple 60s. That being said, I believe it is less of an issue of "have and have not" than it is an issue of the server timeline being way off-track and the economics and mechanics being really flooded and wonky.

Of course some of us that missed the "Golden Age" of the server in Classic format want to play a Classic environment - that's why we play here, isn't it?

People know the game so inside and out anyhow that it would be flooded with people leveling fast and camping up nice shit anyhow almost immediately, but we would have a wonderful window of challenge and a blank slate to build on.

People will turn this into a power-gaming event regardless, which is awesome and I am all for it, but I do love the thought of a reset in terms of sheer enjoyment for players and a social environment that is less "buy epic, install fungi tunic, solo to 50 in 5 days" feeling.

I sort of loved the struggle of piecing together a group of janky ass mis-matched tanks and healers and inventories that aren't Kunark twinked. It feels a little Warcrafty with all the advantages that players have currently.

This of course is just my opinion.

DarkwingDuck
03-03-2015, 05:34 AM
I love P99, but would support a wipe more than playing here.. I'm not 60, and by no means ultra uber..but have a couple low 50's, and a few 30-40's.. Gear(probably 50k worth), a fungi, and about 30k pp.. A wipe from start would be more beneficial than detrimental.
Those hoarding and selling everything will either start back up ( good for them) or just rave quit (good for the server) .
It's ever crack for a reason, anyone playing this long is t quitting from a wipe, and if they did.. Oh well.

geirr
03-03-2015, 06:06 AM
They are never wiping the server, ever. Another blue server releasing in the distant future is a possibility but unlikely. All else is trolling or pointless discussion.

Xer0
03-03-2015, 07:11 AM
#wipeitclean2015

myriverse
03-03-2015, 07:33 AM
#wipeyourowncrack

Dillian
03-03-2015, 09:04 AM
just make another blue server. start at classic again and in 6 months release kunark and then by that time hopefully velious will be worked out. Id even donate my bandwidth and some hardware to the cause. Id do it my self but made a server once just for like me and my brother and it was a pain because im not versed in it

Whirled
03-03-2015, 09:47 AM
I agree with Myriverse. True change starts from within each of ourselves first.

Poosammich
03-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Maybe put a donate goal out there, and challenge the community to meet it? I'd sure throw some more cash at the staff here for a fresh blue server! I would however prefer Ikky's be available from the jump so I don't have to roll 2 toons, but I could just lvl a drood first! =]

Hell if you need the hardware I'm sure a PowerEdge 2600 with Dual Xeon's would do it. Can get you one for under $100 as we decommission them!

BRING IT!

phacemeltar
03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
i think i heard about a retail progression server coming out soon. either that or i was dreaming

Poosammich
03-03-2015, 10:57 AM
There is a retail progression server coming, but TBH I much prefer the community here to the folks on live... You think neck bearding is bad here holy crap......

Huggz
03-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Geirr,

Not necessarily.

Doil_Boil
03-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Reading the retail progression server thread. People talking about not wanting to have to CR, wanting maps, etc. I <3 p99.

bled12345
03-04-2015, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath. I've been following p99 since I quit about 4 years ago in the hopes a fresh redo would come up at some point. Now I just started as an iksar monk noob again from scratch lol.

and yes, a group of level 15-20 in patchwork and a few pieces of chainmail, is pretty badass lol.

I doubt it would happen though, this project is run in people's spare time, even to start a 2nd server on top of this one... who would monitor it, babysit it, gm patrol it etc. Would be a lot of work.

hell I'd donate like 2-400 bucks for a new server haha, but like I said.... I've been waiting for about 4 years, and well yeah I just don't think it's very realistic. No matter how sweet it would be.

DarkwingDuck
03-04-2015, 05:36 AM
They are never wiping the server, ever. Another blue server releasing in the distant future is a possibility but unlikely. All else is trolling or pointless discussion.

Thanks for your portion of the pointless discussion

Ziggy
03-04-2015, 06:00 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155647

August
03-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I would love a wipe, at any point. I deleveled my chanter just to level him again. Bring it on.

Arterian
03-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Wipe it clean!

loramin
03-04-2015, 05:42 PM

Exactly. This isn't your box. And it isn't my box either.

Project 1999 is Rogean's box. So it doesn't matter what anyone in this thread says, and it doesn't matter how many polls Ziggy or anyone else posts The only thing that matters is what Rogean wants.

Rogean has been very clear on this topic: he promised to never wipe the server, and he intends to keep that promise. There are multiple posts from him saying as much. If Rogean's mind hasn't been changed in all the years that he's been running this server, chances are that yet another poll or "please wipe" post in this thread isn't going to change him.

If you really want a fresh server then get on the beta server and help test. The sooner Velious gets out, the sooner the post-Velious patches get out, and once all of those are done then the staff have floated the idea of a new box. But not before then (unless you count the team PvP server, which also is delayed by Velious).