PDA

View Full Version : Epic moments/feelings that must have occurred in EQ

sox7d
03-03-2015, 04:29 PM
I like to think about what it would have been like for the first time someone turned the corner and saw Inny, or receiving the first epic, or discovering the hidden wall in the sleepers tomb.

What other moments of fear and wonder can you think of?

Doil_Boil
03-03-2015, 04:34 PM
I think the first Faydedar sighting must have been pretty epic.

iruinedyourday
03-03-2015, 04:37 PM
The day I made my way down into lower guk for the first time, I was terrified and it was so crowded.. people started showing me around, there were like zero mobs spawned as it was so crowded.

It was like an underground city of gods, everyone had crazy gear compared to the zones before lguk back then. I was so awe struck that there was this elite player made city under the unsuspecting feet of the newbie trolls wandering the swamp killing frog tads with clubs while wearing diapers.

Blew my mind!!!!

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Finding Kedge Keep in the bottom of Dagnors.
Figuring out what to say to spawn Sister of the Spire in Sky (there are screenshots of this)
Plane of Mischief's many random craps
First to complete many epics cause some of them were terribly vague.
Falling through any fake floor. Into Najena jail, Permafrost bear pits, PoMischief maze.
Solving the Skyshrine maze. Simple when you know the way... First time through with no maps and randomly getting teleported around, people got lost for long periods of time I bet.

Sebekkha
03-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Basejumping from Plane of Sky for the first time :D

iruinedyourday
03-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Plane of Mischief's many random craps
First to complete many epics cause some of them were terribly vague.

Heh reminded me of the time I was level 24 on my first(ish) character. I was running back to nerriak and out front in WC was a Dark elf in full blue armor with a flaming sword.

everyone was like WHAT DE FUK!?!?!

that was the most epic thing I had seen in my life.

indiscriminate_hater
03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
wuoshi was a pretty rude awakening. same with discovering kithicor at night time

Itap
03-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Starting a dark elf and trying to find my guildmaster to hand my starting note in

Sage Truthbearer
03-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Now imagine being the first group of players to break into the planes during classic. All wearing bronze armor and having no maps, teamspeak, etc.

Argh
03-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Ak'anon zoo

harnold
03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
the first person to loot baby joseph sayer

raeanin
03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Now imagine being the first group of players to break into the planes during classic. All wearing bronze armor and having no maps, teamspeak, etc.

My guild on live was one of the early guilds to break in to Fear. And by break in to Fear I mean zone in to fear, wipe and then spend 10 hours recovering corpses, and a week recovering lost XP.

Still some of the most fun I've had in a game!

dontbanpls
03-03-2015, 07:18 PM
I get that feeling every time I am involved in PVP

Striiker
03-03-2015, 10:05 PM

Plane of Fear was a mess. So many attempts to try to figure out how to do it. People tried mass zoning but this caused many to crash (remember, dial up?). Zone in and then what? Like you said, no maps, no prior knowledge of the zone, mobs, etc. I have to admit that the fear of the unknown, getting lost and losing ones corpse really made the game for me.

Grizzled
03-04-2015, 12:32 AM
What raid mobs? Only thing i remember is the tile pattern on the floor to not lag out.

Clark
03-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Train wars VP/First times in VP were very hardcore, but I prefer the way it's done now better.

curtischoy
03-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Wondering wtf Pain and Suffering was after it beat you into submission.

Lisset
03-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Falling into the Hole for the first time.

Levitating into the Hole the first time and having levitate drop. :)

Mayong Mistmoore.

The first time someone walked up to a brownie thinking, "oh, how cute!"

The first DT.

Seeing Naggy (or Vox) for the first time, because no dragon like that had ever been seen in a game.

The first soulfire. That effect is STILL great.

mr_jon3s
03-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Fear was great. I remember on my server a guild tried to do fear wiped and had to call in another guild to help get corpse but that guild wiped and after a couple of hours they finally cleared the place.

Brut
03-04-2015, 03:49 PM
OoT boat trip, exploring the lower part of the ship, then a seafury cyclops head emerges through the bottom.

Tameth
03-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Ak'anon zoo

There is a zoo???

Whirled
03-04-2015, 05:43 PM
....What other moments of fear and wonder can you think of?

How anyone could do that to their socks.

Master Roshi
03-04-2015, 06:10 PM
That you could have the PoD fight the guards!

teija
03-04-2015, 06:20 PM
There is a zoo???

yes near the bank is a zoo with displays of a tiger,bear ect in each pit.

douglas1999
03-05-2015, 11:56 AM
First time I ever camped the glacier bear for the shaman totemic helm quest was a huge endeavor. Just getting out to that cave felt like an epic achievement, pretty sure I almost drowned doing it. And then when I finally got that stupid bear, it was a tough fight at level 30 and she is HUGE. Felt so elite when I finally got that helm at level 30, in pre-kunark EQ. I was a barbarian too, so I was all about that helm graphic.

Waedawen
03-05-2015, 05:59 PM
1st day of Kunark was pretty fun. Everyone running across the Timorous Ocean to go get bound.

Secretly KS'ing Planar mobs with Boyz in tha Hood at level 50.

Paineel.

Pioneering HS strategy with Save

Watching hardcore neckbeards like oldschool TMO try to convince themselves and the world around them that they're not psychopaths

Plaxico Burress
03-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Just had a great time in Befallen last night. Group died on the third floor and ended up doing an amazing naked corpse run.

A guild will come of it.

sox7d
03-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Secretly KS'ing Planar mobs with Boyz in tha Hood at level 50.

Ahahaha, I forgot about those guys. Had good times with them on the permadeath server.

curtischoy
03-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Watching hardcore neckbeards like oldschool TMO try to convince themselves and the world around them that they're not psychopaths

BAHAHAHH!!!