PDA

View Full Version : WTS Welcome to McDaltheb's! Characters Made-to-Order

Daltheb
10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Welcome to McDaltheb's™, the world's oldest and most prestigious public character leveling service. We offer ALL race/class combinations, using two different methods:

You tell us the name, race, class, deity, and stat distribution of a character you want and we'll level it to ANY level you desire and give it to you! (note: it's naked)
Pricing is based primarily on the exp penalties associated with a race/class combo. The benefits of this system is that you don't have to spend any time leveling it up, just place an order and you'll have it in 1-2 weeks! Payments are made half upfront, then half after the character is leveled up; upon full receipt of the payment, we'll give you the password to the master EQEmu account so you can change the password/email/etc, and BAM you have a new character of your choosing.

Alternately, if you already have a character that you would like leveled, you will need to give us the password to the character so that we can level it to the level requested. Given the risk associated with the client simply changing the password after the work is done, we ask for the full payment upfront in this instance.

Please send a PM on these boards (preferred method) or message Daltheb, Chanto, or Lanvaren in game to discuss what you want and negotiate a price. (note: no RMT inquiries please, plat only!)

Disclaimer: NO REFUNDS; no guarantees are made regarding skill levels of various weapons/abilities, or spells contained within spellbooks (although additional fees may be assessed if you want anything specific).

Zestey
10-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Bumping for entrepreneurial awesomeness.

liveitup1216
10-03-2010, 04:43 AM
Daltheb is a beastly powerleveler, plus he has a gentle touch.

Zestey
10-03-2010, 04:47 AM
plus he has a gentle touch.

I too, am sexually attracted to Daltheb.

Shaken
10-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Is this some kind of scam..? Has anyone had this done before?.. If this is legit and secure pm me daltheb I would like to see what this will cost.

Thanks
Shake

Jabnael
10-03-2010, 07:20 AM
He's legit.

Ledzepp02
10-03-2010, 07:27 AM
nah it's legit, we're all beastly monk PL'ers ;)

Zestey
10-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Is this some kind of scam..? Has anyone had this done before?.. If this is legit and secure pm me daltheb I would like to see what this will cost.

Thanks
Shake

The guy has spent probably 100+ hours PLing people on this server for 1-1.5k an hour, they usually all pay him upfront and I have never heard of anyone complaining about his service, ever.

Hes just opening a new branch of business it seems.

Shaken
10-03-2010, 09:06 AM
The guy has spent probably 100+ hours PLing people on this server for 1-1.5k an hour, they usually all pay him upfront and I have never heard of anyone complaining about his service, ever.

Hes just opening a new branch of business it seems.

That great guys I appericate the comments. Pm sent.

hueylewis187
10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
How could you do this without boxing? You mean your friend or roommate sits there with you in kedge all the time and you split the plat at the end.?? I don't get it. Could be legit but Daltheb over runs camps when he wants to plvl. Just saying not the nicest guy at all. Plus this looks like boxing or rmt.

Daltheb
10-03-2010, 11:57 AM
No boxing is involved, there's 3 of us, one is me, the other plays the character being levelled, and the 3rd helps me with the killing.

And as the original post says, no RMT inquiries please because they'll be ignored. ^___^

KilyenaMage
10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Well this certainly explains why the number of 30+ rogues literally doubled or tripled in the past week.

Eat shit and die pal.

Daltheb
10-03-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL? We just started and haven't had any customers yet. You should get your head examined "pal".

Thanks for the free bump though!

GreenRanger
10-03-2010, 03:46 PM
tradeing accounts/characters is the cancer that is killing P99. it devalues plat IMO(no1 traded accounts/chars for pp on live) and it encourges dual boxing(hows your wife, brother, hamster doing)

just a trends forecast and a free bump.

ribaldron
10-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Daltheb offers pretty good rates, and actually having been in a zone with him as he levels a client, I can say he follows the rules. Nobody is going to like it if the FFA mobs they like to claim as a camp are taken but that's no reason to stink up the forums. He's also not really very rude at all. Seriously, when you initiate a conversation by insulting somebody's guild after they take a mob you haven't even actively killed in at least the last 20 minutes and have no right to, what do you expect from him?

You get a lot more than what you should expect, at least.

For me, this just seems like a good deal. I can't PL myself, don't really feel like paying a ton of PP per hour to be PL'd, and I need a higher lvl char for my friend who quit in the 30 range (Sold his old toon recently for plat to buy a new one since he doesn't want me to PL him either)

tradeing accounts/characters is the cancer that is killing P99. it devalues plat IMO(no1 traded accounts/chars for pp on live) and it encourges dual boxing(hows your wife, brother, hamster doing)

People traded accounts for platinum in classic, too. I remember my guildmates doing it. They couldn't advertise for RMT in game, so they'd trade for plat and sell the plat on ebay (harder to track)

"no1" means "no1". "sum1" did it. You're incorrect.

kinztz
10-03-2010, 04:17 PM

You're being pretty naive to think nobody traded accounts/chars for pp on live. Going back as far as classic I know of several people on the server I played that traded their accounts for gear or platinum, of course some people sold for $$ as well however swapping for other accounts or platinum/gear wasn't all that uncommon.

It may not have been as publicly advertised as it is here, but it went on frequently.

William_Munny15
10-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Dalthleb is an idiot, how anyone can think this is good for the game is beyond me.

skorge
10-03-2010, 10:09 PM
You're being pretty naive to think nobody traded accounts/chars for pp on live. Going back as far as classic I know of several people on the server I played that traded their accounts for gear or platinum, of course some people sold for $$ as well however swapping for other accounts or platinum/gear wasn't all that uncommon.

It may not have been as publicly advertised as it is here, but it went on frequently.

I played EQ day one, back in 1999, and none, I mean NONE were sold for plat back in 1999...they were all listed on ebay...accounts were selling for up to $4,000 cash back then (a single level 50 planar geared wizard from FoH on Veeshan got over 4k cash for his toon)...i personally sold an account that had a 50 shaman and 45 warrior on it for $1,700....

I think selling accounts for plat should not be allowed as it was never done during classic live

Note: this was before sony/verant banned the selling of accounts/items on ebay

citizen1080
10-03-2010, 10:33 PM
/runs for more popcorn

citizen1080
10-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Btw..there was no such thing as Cable or DSL internet back then either...so if we are gonna make this a true classic server than no one should be allowed to connect to it unless they are on a 56k modem or worse.

Daltheb
10-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I think selling accounts for plat should not be allowed as it was never done during classic live

Except it was done during classic as others have stated. BOOM CHECKMATE!

It's even less controversial on this server than live because whereas you had to pay cash for a new account on live, on this server it only takes an email account.

Also, there was no Ventrilo or TS back in the day, so in line with Bob's suggestions, I think we should ban people from using them and require they type everything, kthx~

Hodge
10-03-2010, 10:52 PM
whats the average time it takes to get to 1-50 and are there any cut prices for such an investment? thanks.

kinztz
10-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I played EQ day one, back in 1999, and none, I mean NONE were sold for plat back in 1999...they were all listed on ebay...accounts were selling for up to $4,000 cash back then (a single level 50 planar geared wizard from FoH on Veeshan got over 4k cash for his toon)...i personally sold an account that had a 50 shaman and 45 warrior on it for $1,700....

Note: this was before sony/verant banned the selling of accounts/items on ebay

It was done in classic. Granted of course some FoH geared toon was going to be sold on ebay for several thousands. Im well aware of what the market was for real cash back then for characters. However keep in mind not everyone was geared through the teeth, or hell not everyone was even max level. Those people found ways to get rid of their goods still.

Like I said its extremely naive to believe it didn't happen in classic. However I will say that I don't agree that it should be a publicly advertised practice as it does have a large effect on the economy. I think a part of the reason it wasn't as huge of a deal back in the day was because it was more of a behind the scenes kind of thing, wasn't public knowledge to your average gaming joe.

However it's not my place to put a ruling one way or another on the server. Just calling it how I see it.

----

On a side note, it seems a bit hypocritical of people to be slamming this thread/OP, and completely ignoring/allowing bobs toon sales. It is what it is, but why get on one person's case over what is indirectly the same thing in accepting plat or in game goods for a character? Sure its not exactly the same, but when push comes to shove its a similar concept.

citizen1080
10-04-2010, 12:04 AM
On a side note, it seems a bit hypocritical of people to be slamming this thread/OP, and completely ignoring/allowing bobs toon sales. It is what it is, but why get on one person's case over what is indirectly the same thing in accepting plat or in game goods for a character? Sure its not exactly the same, but when push comes to shove its a similar concept.

QFT

On a side note, we are here on this server because we played EQ back in the day. Some of enjoyed being lost in Gfay for hours...some of us loved running around Guk lvling up in our mid lvls, and some of enjoyed the end game of camping/raiding.
I don't know about you folks but personally I have a lot less time now to play than I did back when I was younger playing EQ. While that may sound ironic coming from Bob I am AFK most the time my toon is logged in or at least semi afk working on other things at another computer. So if someone wants to skip some of the dirty work of grinding through the lower lvls or any lvls and purchase a toon with in game currency why does it really matter to anyone?

The only person this might somehow effect is a person who groups with the buyer before he figures out what he is doing with the class if its new to him.

This is not the end of the world, you are still safe in your little classic bubble cause they were plenty of retards back then too who didn't know their class!

Obviously I am semi biased on this topic as I make decent scratch helping people sell their accounts but really it comes down to its their time/money and what they do with it really doesn't hinder your gaming experience.

nickyboy1981
10-04-2010, 03:26 AM
i don't have the same amount of time to play these days either, which makes it even more annoying when you get steam rolled by a 50 monk who kills all the potential exp mobs in 10 seconds flat! i agree that there is no way this can benefit the server.

Daldolma
10-04-2010, 10:08 AM
It really just kind of facilitates the exchange of farming for grinding. Back in 1999, you basically had to choose between grinding an alt or farming for plat. Whichever route you chose, you were stuck with. This new market allows people who farm plat to change their minds and exchange some of that farmed plat for an alt of sufficient level.

Personally, I think it's much easier to level a toon from 1-50 than it would be to farm 100k, but then again, my main is a rogue and I have a lot of friends with a lot of spare time (ie: power leveling). But plenty of people clearly don't feel that way, because account sales seem to commence pretty quickly. It's all a matter of personal preference, really.

azeth
10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
i agree that there is no way this can benefit the server.

Hi, it is not my, Daltheb's, or even your responsibility to "benefit" the server beyond using the Donate button.

move along + free bump

KilyenaMage
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Dalthleb is an idiot, how anyone can think this is good for the game is beyond me.

Did he ever say anything about it being "good for the game?"

He KNOWS it's not good for the game. It is, however, good for personal gain and that's why he's doing it.

Have fun when playing on p99 when common drops from Lguk are selling for 10k due to massive amounts of inflation.

KilyenaMage
10-04-2010, 04:14 PM
LOL. What a surprise that Bob, the server's #1 toon seller, is here to back you up.

KilyenaMage
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
It really just kind of facilitates the exchange of farming for grinding. Back in 1999, you basically had to choose between grinding an alt or farming for plat. Whichever route you chose, you were stuck with. This new market allows people who farm plat to change their minds and exchange some of that farmed plat for an alt of sufficient level.

Personally, I think it's much easier to level a toon from 1-50 than it would be to farm 100k, but then again, my main is a rogue and I have a lot of friends with a lot of spare time (ie: power leveling). But plenty of people clearly don't feel that way, because account sales seem to commence pretty quickly. It's all a matter of personal preference, really.

Yhea your main is a Rogue. Have fun in a month when the number of Rogues doubles or triples.

Worse yet, have fun trying to get your Rogue epic when kunark comes out and a dozen people pay for a Rogue to be PLed.

citizen1080
10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
You're coming off as a big of a negative nancy kilyena =)

kinztz
10-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Yhea your main is a Rogue. Have fun in a month when the number of Rogues doubles or triples.

Worse yet, have fun trying to get your Rogue epic when kunark comes out and a dozen people pay for a Rogue to be PLed.

Who cares? Do you play a rogue because you enjoy the class or because nobody other than you plays it because the class sucks until kunark? If you enjoy the class, this should have no effect on you.

God forbid you have to wait on respawn times to get something because theres more than one person that wants it, such is life in an mmo and not a single player game?

If were gonna spew at the guy at least have a valid argument.

KilyenaMage
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Who cares? Do you play a rogue because you enjoy the class or because nobody other than you plays it because the class sucks until kunark? If you enjoy the class, this should have no effect on you.

God forbid you have to wait on respawn times to get something because theres more than one person that wants it, such is life in an mmo and not a single player game?

If were gonna spew at the guy at least have a valid argument.

My name is KilyenaMage....I don't play a Rogue.

It's exactly what I saw happen on the TZ/VZ pvp server. Soon as Kunark opens, people will be PLing Rangers / Bards / Rogues / Warriors and Pallys. That would be bad enough. But having someone who's simple levelling a plethora of these classes is going to be fun for nobody but those people.

Daldolma
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Oh well, that's the way this game works. I don't mind competition. If I did, I'd play WoW -- or some single-player nonsense. If people want to buy level 50 rogues, more power to them. I'm not looking for easy street, and if people earn the plat to buy the toon, good for them. The only way this process pisses me off is if people are illegitimately acquiring the plat necessary to buy toons. But the truth of the matter is, it wouldn't be much more difficult for people like that to just buy all the best items in game and power-leveling from 1-50, so what's the real difference? At least this way, it costs them 100k to realize they don't like a class. Discourages toon hopping.

Trimm
10-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Who cares? Do you play a rogue because you enjoy the class or because nobody other than you plays it because the class sucks until kunark?

Lies and slander, sir. Lies and slander.

kinztz
10-04-2010, 06:03 PM
My name is KilyenaMage....I don't play a Rogue.

It's exactly what I saw happen on the TZ/VZ pvp server. Soon as Kunark opens, people will be PLing Rangers / Bards / Rogues / Warriors and Pallys. That would be bad enough. But having someone who's simple levelling a plethora of these classes is going to be fun for nobody but those people.

Who cares? It effects no one. Oh lawdy you gun haf camp dem itemz n weit fer respwn? Welcome to EverQuest, enjoy your stay.

If you want to fight this and argue points then you are better off arguing the economy situation. Arguing OH NOES THERE WILL BE MORE OF A CLASS is absolutely retarded.

Dantes
10-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Meh, it was a douche bag thing to do during classic and it's still a douche bag thing now. Not much changes. People like instant gratification because they're too fucking lazy to do shit for themselves.

wrxBRAH
10-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Meh, it was a douche bag thing to do during classic and it's still a douche bag thing now. Not much changes. People like instant gratification because they're too fucking lazy to do shit for themselves.

People do it for convenience. I overpay on goods in real life if its more convenient for me. If the DMV allowed me to pay 50$ to not have to wait in line for 2hrs anytime I went, Id gladly pay it.

Leveling is a chore and very boring to most that have played in the past so if there is someone offering to take that boredom away, its well worth the cost if you have expendable money.

The only part that bugs me is the fact that some of these guys are charging real cash for their work and some are also double/triple boxing but proving that would be a pita if not impossible.

Zestey
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Soon as Kunark opens, people will be PLing Rangers / Bards / Rogues / Warriors and Pallys. That would be bad enough.

We need more of all these classes on this server. Good.

Your argument about this not being good for the server is failing at an extreme rate.

Messianic
10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
We need more of all these classes on this server. Good.

Your argument about this not being good for the server is failing at an extreme rate.

ZESTEY U DONT UNDERSTAND THE SERVER WILL DIE OMG

Valius
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
If you can afford this service, you already have a lv 50.

The server isn't going to explode because these guy might plv a handful of people, snap back to reality and quit being ridiculous.

AexDestroy
10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Bumping for entrepreneurial awesomeness.

If only it was his idea.
And no casters? WTF is that nonsense.
I'm not around much ATM, but there's alternatives to this service that have been around longer and are much faster.

Nazran
10-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Doesn't anyone just play for the fun of it? PL'ing toons for pp, selling pp for cash, cornering the batwing market... it all oozes douchiness.

Messianic
10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Doesn't anyone just play for the fun of it? PL'ing toons for pp, selling pp for cash, cornering the batwing market... it all oozes douchiness.

"Fun" is a subjective term which depends on what you define as fun. Some people prefer not to level 1-30, 1-40, or whatever they choose to use Daltheb's service for. They'd rather jump right into the class at a higher level.

Maybe that's more fun for them?

Daltheb
10-05-2010, 02:59 PM
If only it was his idea.
And no casters? WTF is that nonsense.
I'm not around much ATM, but there's alternatives to this service that have been around longer and are much faster.

Sir, I must inquire as to what other services that exist, and ontop of that, are much faster? I call bullshit!

citizen1080
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Sir, I must inquire as to what other services that exist, and ontop of that, are much faster? I call bullshit!

Dupe a couple CoF's and buy a lvl 50? thats only faster way that comes to mind ^^

Wizerud
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
It's not good for the server long-term, if you can't see that you're just naive. Do people really have to spell it out for you?

But whatever, it would probably be a bitch for the admins to eradicate so it's probably not going away. Even if you disagree with it it's probably better just to learn to live with it.

Elian
10-05-2010, 08:56 PM
There is a market for anything that sells ... For all of you in the land of bureaucratic capitalism, how could you protest to this?

Ronas
10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
The question is, has anyone bought this service yet? I understand he has probably done the plvl per hour service. But when it comes to this service, do you have any orders yet? And how much does it cost for which class. This will help the community to open up a new can to whine about why it cost that much when you can get a fully gear toon for half the cost maybe.

Daltheb
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Yes, I have customers currently. But why would I give specific details so people can whine even more? :P The big difference is that you can get what you want on demand, as opposed to hoping someone decides eventually to sell their own toon.

Dantes
10-05-2010, 09:37 PM
If it were a perfectly fine and acceptable practice, people would advertise the in-game names of the toons they were selling. But they don't, because the buyers are embarrassed and they don't want people to know they bought the their toon. It's like getting Viagra discreetly shipped to your door.

hueylewis187
10-05-2010, 11:17 PM
You may be doing this legit. It's just hard to believe that 3 people would sit there for up to 2 weeks to make 20k plat each or w/e. But if it's legit and 3 of you really all log on at the same time and with the same goal in mind. That's perfectly fine. I just find it very hard to believe there is no boxing involved.

Only problem i had with you Daltheb is in kedge at the entrance. My group zoned on a bad pull. You and a person you were plvling zoned in a few seconds after we came back. We started calming the room to pull "again" You said hey look out I'm pulling. I said we already were. You than said you kill faster and we should leave. I said but we've been here 30mins already doing the first room. You said we both zoned at the same time and you were still faster killing and we should leave. Daltheb than just killed the first room as it popped and we petitioned. When the gm came daltheb said Our group was stronger and we should take the 2nd room. Contradicting what he told us that he was a faster puller and we should leave. I offered to split the room or share it from the start being nice. He than left as he wouldn't share the room or move to the 2nd room. Since we were there 30minutes before you! You still tried to over run us, since you were getting plat to plvl someone. Chanto= daltheb?

sorry to hijack your thread. if you are doing this legit. I am sorry. Just seems fishy very. All account selling is suspicious to me. Most do end in rmt i'm sure. Even when the seller says no Rmt please. You still get the rmt pm's....

No boxing is involved, there's 3 of us, one is me, the other plays the character being levelled, and the 3rd helps me with the killing.

And as the original post says, no RMT inquiries please because they'll be ignored. ^___^

Daltheb
10-05-2010, 11:28 PM
As I've said repeatedly, there is no boxing involved.

To clear up any confusion, Chanto is Necrious. Additionally, the person playing the char being PL'd is Lanvaren.

Please stop those kinds of accusations. :)

girth
10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Also, there was no Ventrilo or TS back in the day,

There was Roger Wilco so BOOM.

GypsyGirl
10-06-2010, 12:04 AM
If you can afford this service, you already have a lv 50.

The server isn't going to explode because these guy might plv a handful of people, snap back to reality and quit being ridiculous.

I agree. This is like shitting on people using Bob to sell their stuff because other people don't want to take the time to do it. Daltheb, keep doing what you're doing. People on this server take this shit way too seriously.

Ledzepp02
10-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Confirmed Daltheb, Necrious, and Lanvaran are all three on at the same time when they powerlevel a toon. They are in TS at the same time, in the same channel, working together.

No he does not sell these for RMT, they are plat transactions.

Stop accusing when you don't know the facts.

iamjack
10-06-2010, 04:00 AM
lol...
what a monk can do in term of farming plat and item?
we can't do shit like other pet class...
kill a gaint and bandage / mend took us ages to recovery?

well, just like camping a fbss and selling for massive amount of pp...
why there is nobody yelling at thous neco destorying the server because of other people don't have to stay up and spenttheir own time to camp a fbss?

people willing to pay because they got alot of pp and they think their time should be spent on something else which is more meaningful....
just the simple rule....money buy time, and time earn more money / enjoyment ...

some people would like to spend their time on porting people for pp
some people would like to spend their time on yelling in EC for trading for pp
some people would like to spend their time on camping items for pp
some people would like to spend their time on killing seafury for pp
and now some people would like to spend their time on powerleveling for pp
just the same thing.

and there is no Real money or boxing involving.....
if this is not legit....may be we should shut down EC tunnel and all kind of trading so people have to work their own way for their item / char.

iamjack
10-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Btw..there was no such thing as Cable or DSL internet back then either...so if we are gonna make this a true classic server than no one should be allowed to connect to it unless they are on a 56k modem or worse.

ADSL was classic
i was using boardband since 1998
1.5Mb at that time, cutting edge tech
no more disconnection due to phone call =D
no more 56k dailing sound =(
hmm abit off topic

Daltheb
10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Bumping, the ratio of views/posts to actual customers is appallingly low atm :(

Not that we don't have any~

Asher
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
People are in that much of a rush to hit PoHate / PoFear?

I would think that on a classic server the fun is getting to 50. I know I am leveling very slow and having a great time doing so in the old world.

Yitro 23 wizard

Messianic
10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Most do end in rmt i'm sure.

Absolutely no reason to assume this...

KilyenaMage
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
People are in that much of a rush to hit PoHate / PoFear?

I would think that on a classic server the fun is getting to 50. I know I am leveling very slow and having a great time doing so in the old world.

Yitro 23 wizard

No. The "rush" is for them to have a melee class ready....level 50 and planar geared....before Kunark releases.

Daltheb
10-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Sirs, a thread of this magnitude must never fall off the first page.

McDaltheb's™, get the character of your dreams today!*

*made today, delivered in 1-2 weeks

Brain
10-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Too bad the character of my dreams is a class you don't PL

Daltheb
10-07-2010, 12:27 AM
ROFL.

We plan on doing casters eventually, but that requires a separate gear set we haven't assembled yet.

Lanvaren
10-07-2010, 02:30 AM
We plan on doing casters eventually, but that requires a separate gear set we haven't assembled yet.
It's in the works. (TM)

Don't be afraid to inquire about casters.

No, we can't make Beastlords or Berserkers. Not sorry. :)

Daltheb
10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Bump, make sure to re-read the first post, it's been updated extensively~

Daltheb
10-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Extra bump, pleased to announce we offer ALL race/class combo's (hurray casters)

Daltheb
10-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Bumping, we've filled current client orders and are looking to take on some more!

Henini
10-20-2010, 09:29 AM

wow where do you live to not have dsl by the time EQ launch? we had both cable and dsl available for a many (4-5) years (before eq launch) around here and we are usually a bit behind technology wise!

Elian
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
wow where do you live to not have dsl by the time EQ launch? we had both cable and dsl available for a many (4-5) years (before eq launch) around here and we are usually a bit behind technology wise!

I was using 56k ...DSL and junk didnt become widely available until late 2001. Where and who did you use to have broadband in 99?

silverfox
10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
We've had broadband internet available here in Nova Scotia since about 1997. I know I had it back in the day, as did most of my friends.

http://www.novanewsnow.com/Technologies/2007-07-23/article-599581/Hope-for-broadband-after-TDC-assets-sold/1