PDA

View Full Version : Let's Rotate Nobles

jpetrick
04-05-2015, 10:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VQRlZM0.jpg?1

This is my argument in favor of rotating.

arsenalpow
04-05-2015, 10:56 PM
How about VS?

http://i.imgur.com/lrwp3CB.jpg

jpetrick
04-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Don't derail my thread. Make your own for VS if you wish.

Pint
04-05-2015, 11:10 PM
We had a rotation for VS, that ship has sailed. Asgard is down to look at rotating dojorns but I think we should wait another week or so till they are more frequent.

arsenalpow
04-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Don't derail my thread. Make your own for VS if you wish.

Socking is rampant across the board, that's all I'm saying.

jpetrick
04-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Chest, either talk about Nobles in this thread with us or stay the fuck out. Thank you.

Pint, I figured I would start the discussion now and just keep passively aggressively bumping this every week like Argh and I did for the OoA agreement until everyone hops on board.

Erati
04-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Taken would love to rotate Nobles as if you recall we were pushing for some kind of distribution agreement before we had it raining Nobles so the agreement outcome was not adding more click fests

so you can add our support in the ring

Pint
04-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Should we discuss how the rotation will be managed? Most the of the spawns will be 3 day nobles which will continuously spawn 3 day nobles. Will it be on the guild who killed the previous noble to provide the timer to the guild who is next? People are going to have to be very active in keeping up with the ever changing timers since the only consistent timers would be the 7 day spawns and even those will start to vary based on how active the guilds are at downing their dojorn. The easiest option would be a list of guilds and a thread with time of deaths, but can we trust the server if we post these publicly?

Erati
04-06-2015, 12:38 AM
in the age of Google calendar, it would be really easy so long everyone was willing and contributing

jpetrick
04-06-2015, 12:52 AM
I think we should keep the timers public. Transparency would be good in this situation. I think if your guild is on the raid.php page you should be able to sign up for the rotation.

Nightbear
04-06-2015, 08:56 AM
I think if your guild is on the raid.php page you should be able to sign up for the rotation.

Be nice if we could clean up the raid.php guild list.

bktroost
04-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Timers being public is a good idea and we can use the Raid page here to keep it managed by leaders of guilds.

Pint
04-07-2015, 12:31 AM
there will be 7 dojorns between now and sunday.

Erati
04-07-2015, 09:26 AM
there will be 7 dojorns between now and sunday.

so many click fests and port stones - there has to be a better way Pint!!!!

How do you guys think the best way to set up the rotation, have all the guilds listed in a Sky slot basically send someone to roll for the spot and just continue to go tru a line much like the old Class R rotation

with a like 5-10 grace period to engage the mob you are up for?

bktroost
04-07-2015, 10:01 AM
So we completely ruled out YDYN? I mean, there is definitely something to be said for already being in Sky when your noble pops and just making him part of the procedure.

Erati
04-07-2015, 10:11 AM
So we completely ruled out YDYN? I mean, there is definitely something to be said for already being in Sky when your noble pops and just making him part of the procedure.

no nothing is ruled out, esp when some of the parties involved are not even really talking about distribution

YDYN has its flaws but its also pretty easy to manage compared to keeping an active rotating list

with Velious in 2 months- some guilds may even be dumping their Sky days officially but would still be interested in Noble kills for quest completions

A rotating list would be the most sensible and fair, however would require the most amount of work from everyone here. The lazy thing to do is status quo, daily port up/click fest and just pray you get FTE out of 200 people

its the exact thing I was hoping everyone did not want when we created more Nobles so only time will tell on that note

Ella`Ella
04-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Reluctant to rotate with new guilds continuing to emerge and add to rotation. Much like the scenario that led BDA to destroy the class-r rotation.

Nothing ruled out, however TMO can't sign at this point.

Erati
04-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Reluctant to rotate with new guilds continuing to emerge and add to rotation. Much like the scenario that led BDA to destroy the class-r rotation.

Nothing ruled out, however TMO can't sign at this point.

understandable :) I think we would be happy to work out some kind of juicy deal to get an in-general rotation working

I am spit balling - but like TMO/Rampage would get 2 slots or something similiar, it could be an 'FFA' slot that gets thrown in too -

This is to help make up for the fact :

1. those two guilds primarily go after each Noble spawn anyway
2. no more 3 Efreetis being downed after winning FTE

This is by no means anything official, but I think if the possibility of having Nobles rotated is even discussed: the smaller guilds on the Sky rotation, who simply just want to experience the mob once in a while, would be willing to make the rotation profitable for the big guys

Pint
04-07-2015, 02:10 PM
A noble spawns every day this week, I see no reason not to swap to ydyn at this point if the guilds sharing days don't mind working with each other. Asgard is willing to work with azure guard. Asgard will continue to go for random nobles until something is agreed upon though so the sooner the better.

Ella`Ella
04-07-2015, 02:16 PM
A noble spawns every day this week, I see no reason not to swap to ydyn at this point if the guilds sharing days don't mind working with each other. Asgard is willing to work with azure guard. Asgard will continue to go for random nobles until something is agreed upon though so the sooner the better.

TMO would end up forfeiting their nobles on any Sunday where VP priority mobs are in window. This is almost as unfavorable as rotation for us at the moment.

Also, as this most readily affects TMO and my respective interests, I use it as an example. However, it won't be long until the same issue complicates another guild that has to prioritize other targets on their day.

I understand the apparent solution is to 'prioritize' and possibly forgo their noble, however, mobs typically continue to spawn on weekends for months at a time and then shift to weekdays. At that point it becomes difficult for guilds to make the decision of skipping a mob/sky for a month+ especially when mobs like PD (which many of you may encounter in the coming months) are in window for your entire sky day.

Pint
04-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Umbrella your guild attempted this past Sundays noble, it spawns at the end of the windows and takes about 2 grps.. What?

jpetrick
04-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Give me Swage and Cobblestone with a Donals and we can trio your noble for you. My only terms are that you give me all the gold armor so my monk can run around looking like a boss.

Erati
04-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Argh / Rampage have any thoughts about Noble distribution?

I realllly hope the entire's Sky rotations efforts to spawn extra Nobles is not for the sole purpose of advancing the two largest guilds who have killed more Nobles cycle in general than the rest have combined

Everyone should be afforded some kind of opportunity to complete these quests which is the proper sentiment for this form of community 'cease fire' agreement

Pint
04-08-2015, 02:10 PM
maybe we should just vote and get hard numbers? ydyn vs rotate? asgard vote is for ydyn.

Erati
04-08-2015, 02:36 PM
maybe we should just vote and get hard numbers? ydyn vs rotate? asgard vote is for ydyn.

Taken would vote for YDYN and would be willing to compromise/make concession for whatever it takes so we or any guild does not have daily 200 people click fests

http://i.qkme.me/3rnvk6.jpg

however we also understand that when you are consistently killing something and others want a piece, its a lesser bargaining chip so it really depends on how the Big 2 want to play it- they have shown a willingness to click fest any time/day which is something I dont think any of us here really care to join in constantly

but to be clear - this is community agreement that is making it happen - one that has really no repercussions of breaking esp if the net loss is mostly felt by 2 guilds only

The negotiating table is a beautiful thing :)

jpetrick
04-08-2015, 04:53 PM

I'm not going to vote and fuck over my friends in Rampage and TMO by saying screw them lets do ydyd. I'm sure there is a solution we can come up with that is equitable for everyone.
Unbrella, Your sunday, Swage & Cobblestone with a donals. I get the gold armor. Think about it ;)

Argh
04-08-2015, 05:34 PM
I realllly hope the entire's Sky rotations efforts to spawn extra Nobles is not for the sole purpose of advancing the two largest guilds who have killed more Nobles cycle in general than the rest have combined

How can you say this has advanced us at all? To my knowledge, we have killed one Noble Dojorn since the agreement and haven't even contested most.

I can say that the primary purpose for our signing onto the ooa nap, aside from the overall benefit in more nobles for anyone and everyone, is that it provides us with flexibility on which days we can attempt Nobles. As Unbrella explained earlier in this thread it would be very rare to see Rampage or TMO in sky during VP windows which extends from Friday/Saturday to Monday morning.

If we want to give up on a javspam clickfest we can come up with engagement rules for a foot race from Island one. This also has the added benefit of not having to have 30-50 people poop-socking with you to sky to enhance your FTE lottery chances. It would allow guilds to bring up one to two groups to race for Noble with equal chances regardless of their size.

If we want to make sure no guild is benefitting too much from this agreement while other guilds are left in the dark, we can discuss adding a weekly bag limit.

All of these are more in line with our approach to the agreement and address the same issues that everyone seems to have.

As for keeping Noble timers it should be very easy to track these publicly, we had a spreadsheet for it in FAP and I'm sure it still exists in the same place with less permissions.

Pint
04-08-2015, 05:42 PM
how is a rotation going to make nobles more flexible for you unless you opt to skip the day youre up in the rotation for? how would that be any different then skipping in a ydyn scenario? why are we pretending like both of your guilds cant spare a handful of ppl to kill a dojorn with a static spawn time?

youre going to have to get pretty creative to come up with something better than ydyn or a rotation, and from asgard's perspective a race from one is certainly not it. im down to see what y'all come up with but lets establish something sooner rather than later so we can thoroughly test run it before winter hits us?

Argh
04-08-2015, 05:48 PM
how is a rotation going to make nobles more flexible for you

I'm saying that it won't.

Pint
04-08-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm saying that it won't.

ok. moving on to ydyn, it is an issue for rampage bc some time between now and may 30th the windows may shift to tuesday? what if asgard and ag agree to exchange your tuesday noble for our saturday noble in the event that the windows end up on tuesday...

jpetrick
04-08-2015, 07:20 PM
To be honest I don't love ynyd due to guilds with shared sky slots. How should Europa and Indignation handle that? This is why I wanted a standard rotation.

jpetrick
04-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Could we get some GM intervention to see who the shitheads were? This was the one good thing the server had going and someone had to fuck it up.

Argh
04-08-2015, 11:13 PM
In all likelihood the zone probably crashed.

jpetrick
04-09-2015, 02:04 AM
Some evidence one way or another would be appreciated. I would love to be wrong in thinking that someone wrecked this.

bktroost
04-09-2015, 03:52 AM
ok. moving on to ydyn, it is an issue for rampage bc some time between now and may 30th the windows may shift to tuesday? what if asgard and ag agree to exchange your tuesday noble for our saturday noble in the event that the windows end up on tuesday...

That'd be fine. I'm not opposed to working things out so that everyone is happy. I'd MUCH prefer not having to race for another mob. Something we can schedule is 100% ideal.

jpetrick
04-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Am I wrong in assuming this is dead until we figure out what happened to the OoA's?

Erati
04-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Am I wrong in assuming this is dead until we figure out what happened to the OoA's?

pretty sure it was a server reset as I highly doubt anyone killed them between midnight on Wed and last evening, esp when Rampage/TMO were actually up in Sky clicking air and then were surprised when Dojo didnt pop

Taken is fine to continue the agreement tho since server resets are part of this thing. With Velious approaching, expect more server resets in the near future.

jpetrick
04-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Alright. See all 300 of you Sunday then. Good luck boys.