PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mez and the hate list

Beldan4
04-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Just started playing p1999, and I started on red cuase that's what im used to and I started playing a chanter cuase that's what im used too. now if this issue has been addressed cool sorry I missed, I did google search.

When you mez someone, or you mez yourself, it should wipe you from the mobs hate list. For those that remember way back on the zek servers, they would drop mez on monks to ensure that their hate was removed (and to speed up pulls). on EQ live this effect still works (in fact that developed an AA around just that idea Self Stasis and friendly stasis). This also is the reason I think that prevented chanter pets from breaking mezes prematurely (something ive found VERY annoying).

Given that EQ live accpects this and created AA's around this benefit of mez I would think that it should be implemented on the pvp server and not be considered what some would say "this is an exploit".

This also has saved group mates butts when they get trained (or I get trained). Plz impement. tks.

Crazycloud
04-14-2015, 04:08 AM
Sorry pal but this was added in later on in EQ.

Back in classic being mezzed did not wipe agro list and a mob would still whip joo ass.

But back in classic you were able to /camp off mez/rapture

Supaskillz
04-14-2015, 09:33 AM
Actually mez has a chance to mem blur the mob on this server unless it changed while I was away, but it was not a big chance. Many chanters use the spell memory blur in order to clear hate list from a mezzed mob. Of course you can also camp out as the previous poster mentioned

I know that it was not a guarenteed memory blur at the very least in classic EQ and I am not even sure if the chance of memory blur with mez is accurate, but I haven't done any serious research.

Itap
04-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Yes this was always a part of the mechanic for enchanter mez (not bard). It was only about a 5% chance, and was one of the major reasons for taunt before breaking mez.

You comin back for verrious?

Beldan4
04-14-2015, 07:59 PM
ok crazy was the only person that understood what I was talking about. I suppose your right, I didn't start playing a chanter till velious.