PDA

View Full Version : DE mask (reinstate) ?

Threepoint
10-08-2010, 07:49 AM
So DE mask was removed when server was maxing at like 200 population. Not only that, but kunark is going to be delayed so it was actually removed much earlier in the p99 timeline than on live.

Thought it would be fun to make a poll about this. Explain why you are for or against it below if you see fit.

FLAME ON

Tananthalas
10-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I voted no. Granted I started on this server when it came out, I'd been playing on the different emulators for awhile and was just burnt out on EQ. So I quit shortly after I started playing and now can never get a Guise or Manastone or Box etc. It's just like live in that regard I started playing just as Velious was released and would never ever get any of those things either unless I bought them.

Bushwick
10-08-2010, 08:01 AM
With so much of the server population at level 50 already, the fierce competition for this legendary item would leave a lot of people bitter. You'd have a line two weeks long waiting for the camp.

And after all, if the guise, why not manastones, lustrous russet and rubicite?

JayDee
10-08-2010, 08:03 AM
And after all, if the guise, why not manastones, lustrous russet and rubicite?

You could argue those are game breaking items while the de mask is mostly aesthetic with the exception of faction modifier.

drakleon
10-08-2010, 08:09 AM
You could argue those are game breaking items while the de mask is mostly aesthetic with the exception of faction modifier.

Seriously! Please!

mimixownzall
10-08-2010, 08:24 AM

Doesn't it also negate the racial and class exp modifiers?

Noselacri
10-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Doesn't it also negate the racial and class exp modifiers?

No, heh. That would be silly.

It does invalidate certain racial abilities, though.

stayne
10-08-2010, 08:58 AM
are we talking about the Mask of Deception? sorry it's been a while :)

quellren
10-08-2010, 09:04 AM
This is not a democracy. It will simply never happen. Period.

That said, I still voted yes solely on the basis that I've long harbored the desire to play a Dark Elf Bard.

Raavak
10-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Barbs, trolls, ogres also like it as a cheap right-clicky shrink (to average size)

Omnimorph
10-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Guise of the deceiver could be clicked by any class to become a Dark elf.

I voted no, as mentioned, why just the guise and not manastone , rubicite, thex dagger etc. Even if it was reinstated and it was farmed 24/7 (like it would be) there would be grief, and not everyone who wanted one would get one. Therefore you'd have more people QQ'ing over how it was reinstated but they never got it, so can it be rereinstated etc.

If you want to be a dark elf, make a dark elf, or be a rogue / bard :)

Omnimorph
10-08-2010, 09:08 AM

That said, I still voted yes solely on the basis that I've long harbored the desire to play a Dark Elf Bard.

/boggle

you know the guise of the deceiver was replaced by a bard / rogue only mask called the mask of deception right? So even though it's been patched out, you can still get the mask on your bard and be a dark elf...

Lazortag
10-08-2010, 09:10 AM

Which you can still do..?

He's talking talking about reinstating Guise of the Deceiver, not Mask of Deception. Mask of Deception is Bard/Rogue only and still drops. It's also an extremely good item so I'm not complaining. Guise of the Deceiver I believe is all classes/races.

It's actually pretty appropriate since this thread is deceptive for not mentioning that, and therefore we know a priori that the poll is invalid.

Guise of the Deceiver is primarily awesome for the fact that it allowed fat ass ogres and trolls who looted it to look much cooler and be much less fat.

edit: Someone made my point already but I didn't see their post.

Messianic
10-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't have one, and I disagree with it being reinstated, even though i'd love to be a dark elf ranger.

Many good reasons mentioned before - the mad rush for everyone to get one - the lack of uniqueness of the item as everyone and their mom can become a dark elf - faction advantages for good races with neutral deities or no deities - easy shrink for big races.

But most of all, the point of the item is that it's a symbol of "I was here from the beginning." One cool thing about EQ is there are certain vestigial items that no one else can get or certain things you used to be able to do, but can't anymore - there is actually a progression in the game, not a static set of things you can do.

I can imagine everyone and their mom binding at the firepots in TD the first week Kunark is out...But to always be able to do that? Heck no.

Arkanjil
10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I just wish I could transfer my prenerf mask to another character :p

That would be swell!

splitshine
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
are we talking about the Mask of Deception? sorry it's been a while :)

Guise of the Deceiver.

quellren
10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
/boggle

you know the guise of the deceiver was replaced by a bard / rogue only mask called the mask of deception right? So even though it's been patched out, you can still get the mask on your bard and be a dark elf...

Fuck I'm dumb. I have bard on the brain and I'm sick IRL. I meant Shaman.
/facepalm
Proofreading FTL.

Dantes
10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Too bad there's not a "FUCK NO" option. If you wanna be a dark elf, pick dark elf as your race! I'm for real, the rest of you posers can lick my blue balls.

Ponden
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
For the posts saying larger races need something to shrink themselves...

Shaman / Cobalt Bracer / shouldve rolled a halfling.

drakleon
10-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh wow you guys are so hardcore *fawn*

Please hold onto, tightly, to your DE masks you want no one else to have because you found the server on Day 1. I know it sucks some of us back in the day were actually good at this game and had world firsts in this game and games like WoW so this is your chance to go 'nah nah nah nah!!!!'

Such an imba item that damn guise!

Badmartigan
10-08-2010, 07:23 PM

i had a guise on my bard on rallos.. it really is a magical thing

Uthgaard
10-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Too bad there's not a "FUCK NO" option. If you wanna be a dark elf, pick dark elf as your race! I'm for real, the rest of you posers can lick my blue balls.

Best post in the thread.

Wizerud
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Oh wow you guys are so hardcore *fawn*

Please hold onto, tightly, to your DE masks you want no one else to have because you found the server on Day 1. I know it sucks some of us back in the day were actually good at this game and had world firsts in this game and games like WoW so this is your chance to go 'nah nah nah nah!!!!'

Such an imba item that damn guise!

...or maybe it's just because this is the way it was on classic and it's no-one's fault but your own that you missed the start of the server. You just sound jealous lol. No-one gives a shit what you've done in previous games.

I'd rather leave it as it is. This is how items become legendary, even though it's a little different second time around.

I missed the start of the server too and while I'd love to play (albeit artificially) as a DE ranger I've accepted that it won't happen due to the premise of the server. Maybe in a couple of years if/when they open up server #2 you'll get another shot at it. Still no guarantee of getting it tho.

Kassel
10-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I missed it on live by about the same time i missed it on p99

Classic server working as intended. I would have loved to be a DE druid/monk but oh well, thats how it goes. I guess i will do what i did on live, make a rogue so i can join the mask fun.

William_Munny15
10-09-2010, 05:26 AM
there wasn't a threepoint is a douche option so i just said no.

Taluvill
10-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Rogues and bards can get one and use it now... soooooooooooooo

Taluvill
10-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Oh, and a DE Druid is pro as shit too.

girth
10-09-2010, 06:55 AM
For the posts saying larger races need something to shrink themselves...

Shaman / Cobalt Bracer / shouldve rolled a halfling.

You racist bitch! Cobalt bracer is only usable by warriors IIRC. WHAT ABOUT ME PONDEN?! <3

Threepoint
10-09-2010, 07:11 AM
there wasn't a threepoint is a douche option so i just said no.

u be hatin

Threepoint
10-09-2010, 07:12 AM
0.92% think I am THE MAN

YES

Ingrum
10-09-2010, 07:20 AM
No. You missed your chance. So did a lot of us. Get over it.

drakleon
10-09-2010, 08:28 AM
I think I'm going to start using this line you guys all use for totally stupid, pointless arguments you want to prove a point with on this server.

One day, hopefully not, if my daughter is diagnosed with some terrible disease, like cancer, i'll just tell her, 'sorry, this was in classic'

Yoite
10-11-2010, 06:00 PM
One day, hopefully not, if my daughter is diagnosed with some terrible disease, like cancer, i'll just tell her, 'working as intended'

quellren
10-11-2010, 07:31 PM
^ ^
Completely fucked up, but I laughed nonetheless.

azeth
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2l9cfr.png

^ wasn't me.

edit: or wasn't it not me?

Cyrano
10-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey Fatties, just go get an AoN.

Duhhhh.