PDA

View Full Version : Necro Pets

stayne
10-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I am currently trying out a necro (level 4) and have a question. Do necro pets ever wield weapons upon creation in later levels or do they have to be given them? I can give my pet now at level 4 a rusty sword and it will utilize it.

Teseer
10-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Always have to give them to him. Mages are good partners :D

Omnimorph
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
To my knowledge, giving your pet a weapon at the lower levels serves no purpose, unless it's magical, and then it can hit magical targets.

In classic the delay on a weapon was utilised, but not here.

Messianic
10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I am currently trying out a necro (level 4) and have a question. Do necro pets ever wield weapons upon creation in later levels or do they have to be given them? I can give my pet now at level 4 a rusty sword and it will utilize it.

If you give them two weps, they DW at 24 IIRC.

Teseer
10-08-2010, 12:03 PM
They DW at 12 I believe. Worked on my 17, and I think I remember the 12 pet starting it.

Messianic
10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
They DW at 12 I believe. Worked on my 17, and I think I remember the 12 pet starting it.

I've heard people say this, but I've seen pet class owners contradict them and say that the pets will carry the weapons, but only swing the main hand until 24. Anyone verify?

Teseer
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I haven't checked the combat log to see if the hit lands, but I for sure saw the Animation at 12.

Yinaltin
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
lvl 20 mage pet will dw (as quad attack) if you cast the highest lvl one .
also it matters what dmg the weapon has you give him . if the dmg is higher than the inner pet fist dmg it will increase the dmg of the pet (pet hits for)

ShivanAngel
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
all my chanter pets will hold two weapons, currently at 16 he does not quad.

He doubles a lot, but he does this with or without a weapon.

stayne
10-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Found this...

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/EverQuest/Character_classes/Necromancer/Pet

guineapig
10-08-2010, 01:17 PM
They will hold the 2 weapons but they will not wield them both until lvl 24. Very easy to test for yourself. 1 blunt weapon, 1 piercer (or slash). Then just watch the damage messages.

Also as mentioned before damage delay does not make a difference and the weapon will not effect your pets damage output (The exception is weapons that proc something).

Mages use 2 weapons from 24-29 simply because it forces the pet to dual wield during those levels. After 29 they automatically dual wield. I'm pretty sure necro pets are more or less the same.

liveitup1216
10-08-2010, 01:21 PM
That link is accurate. And as far as weapons, everything I've read thats reliable says weapons given to a pet only matter if a) they have stats, which the pet inherits, b) are magical and your pet can't yet innately hit magical targets, or c) if the weapon damage is more than half of your pets base melee hits.

the last one means if your pet hits for 20, you need a weapon with 11 damage in order for your pet to get a damage bonus from using it. delay has no affect (atleast on this server), and any pet regardless of level will wield two 1handers, but won't actually swing them until its of the appropriate level range.

Crevex
10-08-2010, 05:44 PM
lvl 20 mage pet will dw (as quad attack) if you cast the highest lvl one .
also it matters what dmg the weapon has you give him . if the dmg is higher than the inner pet fist dmg it will increase the dmg of the pet (pet hits for)

True story

Tewaz
08-24-2011, 03:42 AM
How does Dual Wield work now with pets? Are the weapons still needed and at what level do they start?

Ravhin
08-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Weapons are always needed (no innate DW), same levels as before. http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Pet_Guide

Juugox2
08-24-2011, 01:44 PM
nec pet will start to DW at lvl 20 but with only the highest pet at lvl 20 he def DWs if you give him weapons but any pet above 24 will DW with weps

phobus
08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
To elaborate on the above:

The pet summoned by the level 24 spell Haunting Corpse will always dual wield if given two 1-handed weapons. You can confirm this by giving him two weapons of different types, e.g. a 1HB weapon and a 1HS weapon.

The pet summoned by the level 20 spell, Animate Dead, can only dual wield if you happen to summon the highest-level pet possible (19) with that spell. Of course, you still must give him two weapons.

I've confirmed this myself with both spells - occasionally, I could get a pet from Animate Dead that, when given two different types of weapons, made both types of attacks. I always saw both attack types in the combat log with the Haunting Corpse pets.

My theory on this is that the highest-level Animate Dead pet and the lowest-level Haunting Corpse pet are both level 19, and that is the level at which Necromancer pets can dual wield.

Taketz
08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Any good way to tell if you've summoned the highest lvl pet besides giving them two weapons?

Asher
08-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Always have to give them to him. Mages are good partners :D

If you hunt near water, fishing is a great way to get rusty daggers. That is what I use for my pet weapons.

Asher

phobus
08-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Any good way to tell if you've summoned the highest lvl pet besides giving them two weapons?

Only if you're at just the right level where the highest-level pet would con dark blue, and the others light blue or green (or the highest light blue, all others green, etc). But I don't think that's ever the case for levels 20-23, so, no.

vageta31
08-24-2011, 06:17 PM
My level 43 necro's pet (he was confirmed at 33 pet) is supposed to dual wield without weapons but he didn't seem to be doing it. I gave him to rusty's and his damage output increased instantly. I always give them weapons just to be safe since I don't trust any of the information on other sites.

mala
08-26-2011, 12:17 PM
None of the pets on p99 (at least none of the mage pets) will innately DW. Even at 50+ i have to give my pet 2 weapons for him to activate it, which makes chain casting pets an almost completely worthless strat. I also dont believe giving a pet a weapon with higher damage will increase his damage, as it did on live. I know this to be true by doing tests with weighted axe's, although have never given him a high damage 1 hander.

On live i remember giving low lvl mages/necro's weighted axe's for pets and they would slaughter CB - doesnt work liek that here.