PDA

View Full Version : How are "rare, non static" mobs done

ShivanAngel
10-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I read in a post that some of the rare mobs that didnt have a set placeholder (quillmane, grizzlebark, etc) have a new way of spawning in P99...

How are these mobs done now, did they just make a random mob or two its placeholder and thats how you spawn it now.

If this is in the wrong forum or information I shouldnt know let me know hehe.

Mainly want to know because I want to go after pyzjin for a GBS and if she spawns different now thats good info.

kilyen
10-08-2010, 04:26 PM
pyzjn is pritty easy to spawn might be harder with out track

a PH spawns at 10pm track it kill it wait 6 mins if vasoon spawns kill him if you cant tag him and run him to the guards
repeat till you see pyzjn

i would also like to know how roaming named mobs are done iv been in Lfay now for 10 hours trying to get me a braded ivy chord
on live thistle was not that uncommon and no one seems to want to give up any info on him

ShivanAngel
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
where does her PH spawn or is it random?

Noselacri
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
As far as I'm aware, every spawn in the game has to have a spawn table. This means a list of mobiles that can spawn in the given location, your typical PH/PH/PH/rare scenario. In some cases, such as raid mobs and the occasional normal rare spawn, the PHs are done away with in favor of a really long respawn timer. Assuming that this is correct, any mob has either a PH that spawns from the same table, i.e the exact same spot, or just a really long respawn time. They can have very few conditions, mostly just related to the time of day. A mob can't be spawned by dancing around in your underpants at 4:20PM while facing due west. The spawn mechanic is fairly primitive and has very little room for variables or conditions outside of the various chances for each mob in the encounter table to spawn.

An encounter table might look like this:

--30 min--
30% desert madman
30% dervish cutthroat
30% sand giant
10% ancient cyclops (if night)
10% Sandgiant Steve (if day)

Or like this:

--7 days--
100% Lady Vox

In addition to this, an encounter can spawn only in one location. Thus, barring wandering PHs, a certain mob can't be spawned by killing mobs that spawn in another location than where the mob in question spawns. They can path differently despite being on the same spawn table, however. This is my theory, not proven fact. The only place I've witnessed evidence to the contrary is at the ancient croc camp in guktop, and that appears to be some sort of unique script and not a conventional spawn table.

Daldaen
10-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Pyzjin spawns identically to how she did on live. 2 PHers, short (3min iirc) spawn periods... has to occur between 9PM-5 or 6AM for her to spawn.

SPOILER:

There are two spawns in Qeynos Hills that can appear as Pyzjn. Their respawn time is 3 minutes.

These NPCs wander the zone. NPCs on these spawns are supposed to despawn at 7am / 9pm, presumably so they will respawn as the correct day or night version. Note that the night in EverQuest is 10 hours long and the day is 14 hours long, making it a little more difficult to find NPCs that only pop at night.

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION Q2QVarsoonPyzjnMISCmob
MONSTER_1_NAME a_mangy_rat
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME Varsoon
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 3
MONSTER_2_NAME a_brown_bear
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_decaying_skeleton
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 5
MONSTER_3_NAME a_grizzly_bear
MONSTER_3_NIGHT_NAME a_restless_skeleton
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 15
MONSTER_4_NAME a_large_field_rat
MONSTER_4_NIGHT_NAME a_putrid_skeleton
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_fire_beetle
MONSTER_5_NIGHT_NAME Pyzjn
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 7
MONSTER_6_NAME a_gray_wolf
MONSTER_6_NIGHT_NAME a_skeleton
MONSTER_6_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_7_NAME a_giant_rat
MONSTER_7_NIGHT_NAME a_dread_corpse
MONSTER_7_PERCENT 20

I have noticed no differences from how it works on live as described here, and how it works on P99. Varsoon and Pyzjn can be up simultaneously but I believe that is because of the 2 different PHers.

kilyen
10-08-2010, 04:40 PM
pyzjn on here is nothing like on live

vasoon here is a PH for pyzjn they cant be up at the same time

pyzjn might have more than 1 PH but i only found 1 consistent one in all the time i spent camping her

a PH will spawn at 10pm game time in 1 of 4 or 5 places its always an undead
decaying / restless / dread / or just a skeleton

they walk across or around the rocky hill between the ruins and surefall

Pyzjn will only spawn at night from 8pm till 9am

i say 9am because iv had her spawn between 8 and 9am killed her before she could despawn

got her to spawn nearly every night useing this just killing that 1 PH

NOW SOMEONE SHARE INFO ON THISTLE UNDERBRUSH

Shaun421
10-08-2010, 04:54 PM
A mob can't be spawned by dancing around in your underpants at 4:20PM while facing due west.

Do you have a camera in my appartment... :eek: