PDA

View Full Version : Astuce's Guide to Unrest

astuce999
10-09-2010, 10:23 AM
The wonderful world of Unrest!

Some classes can start hunting at Unrest at lvl 9, but it's safer to wait until lvl 12 to go there. The first group, or solo'ing you will do will be what is commonly referred to as "yard trash"; death beetles, tormented dead, greater skeletons, jack-o-lanterns. Everything but the death beetles are undead, so all classes with undead type spells rejoice. The experience is amazing, and you'll find yourself ready for the next camp in no time. The first floor is the natural next area of unrest to get experience. You can either pull to outside from the side door or the back door, (the front door is not recommended because if you look closely on the ground, train tracks have been laid there and are used quite often). Druids and rangers are the best pullers in unrest because since it is tagged as an outdoor zone, harmony is available (unresistable AE pacify).

Once you are lvl 14 as a priest, or 16 as an int caster, you can handle camps inside the house on the first floor without too much problems, for melees your mileage will vary depending on gear. You can hunt either inside the side door (where lesser blade fiend spawns)or in the center room. The center room is more risky because of the stairs leading to the second floor where trains sometimes path. Notable mobs are Lesser Blade Fiend (pugius), and undead brewer (hops).

At lvl 19 when the experience rate starts to slow down, you can graduate to the second floor. The most common camp spot is called the Fireplace (FP), and from there you can reach quite a few named mobs. There are 2 mobs to avoid at all costs when hunting there; Khrix Fritchoff a gnome npc, and a priest of najena (unless your group is insanely overpowered for their level). Harmony is best to break the Bar room, but anyone with pacify should be able to limit early pulls to 2-3 mobs at the most, then it's great xp grinding. Notable mobs are Reclusive Ghoul Magus (Savant's Cap, Dusty Bloodstained gloves), Undead Barkeep (Thick Leather Apron, Opaline Earrings), reanimated hand (ivory bracelet), and if your group is brave, you can also pull the 3rd floor, 3 festering hags, the one in the middle is the placeholder for the undead knight of unrest (bloodstained mantle, bloodstained tunic). He is a shadow knight that will cast harm touch and fear, so be ready.

While second floor xp will be good until about 25, it doesn't mean you have to wait to be that high to go to the bowels of unrest, the dreaded basement. A fake library on the wall is the door to it on the first floor. I'd wait at least until 21-23 to go there, but your mileage, again will vary depending on gear and group makeup. Lots of tougher mobs with quest items await the adventurers in this gruesome area. Torture props and blood everywhere are the standard decoration for this camp. Greater Darkbone skeletons, dusty werebats, skeletal monks, festering hags populate the first section, Dark terrors, tentacle terrors, and mortuary fungus are further in. There is even fake lava in one hall, to trick players into trying to go around where they'll fall into a trap. Other than the numerous quest items that drop here fairly commonly, there is one notable mob, the ghost of the estate's owner, Garanel Rucksif.He drops the popular Jagged Bands, and the Dwarven Workboots.

Overall, Unrest is a great xp zone that someone can stay until until about lvl 35 if they so choose, as a solo or duo. There is usually at least one group even in the morning, and by prime time hours the zone can reach about 30 people. The trains can be deadly (ghouls and carrion ghouls proc ghoul-root), but as long as you stay off the tracks it won't affect you.

Cheers!

audacity
10-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Good read! I'm only level 8 currently, but I was planning on finding a few good spots to start to grind out the levels. Appreciate the guide, looks solid, and I will probably be putting it to the test in a few levels :)

quellren
10-09-2010, 05:35 PM
One thing that might be noteworthy, I wanna say I remember ogres and trolls being too tall to stand up in many of the rooms inside. This is a problem for spellcasting.
I also seem to recall that since its flagged as outdoor, shrink doesn't work.

Arkanjil
10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
One thing that might be noteworthy, I wanna say I remember ogres and trolls being too tall to stand up in many of the rooms inside. This is a problem for spellcasting.
I also seem to recall that since its flagged as outdoor, shrink doesn't work.

This is true. If you are an Ogre the 1st floor at stairs or 2nd floor at fireplace are the 2 places to be.....let a smaller race do the pulling. Also in the basment there are a few rooms where Ogre/Trolls won't be affected. It's just traveling to these areas that stink :P