PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

Dran
10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
For a new to EQ player?

Playing a Necromancer.. Any suggestions on leveling locations/tips and tricks?

UI/skins?

Anything would be great!

Dran
10-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Nothin? :(

oldhead
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
necros can solo or group well.

use the standard UI. less bugs.

To group head to the populaed areas and LFG.

To solo head to the unpopulated areas and solo.

/who all 5 10

This is how you who a level range.
use this to see where people your level hang out.

oldhead
10-10-2010, 04:55 PM
also, druids will often give free rides to low level characters

Dran
10-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Awesome, Thanks for the tips! never though to /who.

Also.. as a new EQ person.. what exactly about Luclin makes it so much hated? I played it a little bit back then (but never religiously), and I enjoyed the nexus and the bazaar and the paludal caverns or whatever it was. Was good XP there :p

But I only played like.. 1-25 or something so no idea.

Ronas
10-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Vex Thal

oldhead
10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Awesome, Thanks for the tips! never though to /who.

Also.. as a new EQ person.. what exactly about Luclin makes it so much hated? I played it a little bit back then (but never religiously), and I enjoyed the nexus and the bazaar and the paludal caverns or whatever it was. Was good XP there :p

But I only played like.. 1-25 or something so no idea.

mostly by making much of the games hardships trivial.

Shitty models... retarded moon kitty lore.

Trivializing selling items manually by adding the bazaar which had other sides effects on the economy as well.

Trivializing travel and druid wizard travel.

AA's were cool but some were very imballanced.

Added in zones that made leveling at a lowbie easier and thus trivializing the old world lowbie zones.

The design of the end game was a huge grind. Like they made a conscious choice to make the game easier for new players and the end game a long tedious grind to try and keep the old players.

Pretty much did the opposite of what they should.

zeroaster
10-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Hunting Orcs in East commons around 7-8 will be decent, you can also start to kill dervishes at lvl 10-12 in West commons and if you run through the huge east commons tunnel to.......South Ro (I think) you can also kill dervishes there which are scattered in the deserts - pavillions mark their positions. You can also hunt crocodiles in The Oasis of Marr from lvls 12-15 which is the next zone after the one I just named.

Try that out and see if you can manage. I got a lvl 5 Shaman that I've started, should be headed to east commons area in about 48 hours - name is Utumno, we can hunt together if you wish.

Peace