PDA

View Full Version : Wife and Myself are looking for a guild

Ploppy
10-11-2010, 10:12 AM
We have both played EQ since pre-Kunark and we both quit in October '04. We actually met in EQ many years ago and eventually got married in RL. I play a warrior and she plays a cleric...and alts. I have been a raid paladin, warrior and wizard. She has done some light raiding as a druid and a cleric. I would like to tell you I am as good now as I was then, but honestly I have forgotten most of it. I even got lost in Freeport my first day back. Alot of it is coming back to me now. I'm sure the rest will come back pretty quick too. We just found out about Project 1999 on thursday. We play alot since we have no kids and alot of free time. My wife plays whenever she wants and I generally log in from 6-10pm central US time. We are looking for a casual guild with good people and a guild chat that isn't too raunchy. I'm not saying no curse words or a PG guild chat, just one with an older people kind of overtone. I'm old school Texan and I just don't like to see random oddly perverted comments. Especially in front of my wife. Just normal people talking about normal things. If you have low level alts feel free to join us in EC/WC. We will be around there for the next couple days. I am Ploppy, dorf warrior and I don't play alts so you will find me on. My wife plays as Jennan, dorf cleric.

Ploppy
10-11-2010, 10:22 AM
I forgot to mention our old servers.

I was:
Deolyen - High Elf Paladin - Lanys
Caylan - Half Elf Warrior - Vazaelle
Ploppy - Froglok Wizard - Vazaelle

She was:
Wedana - High Elf Cleric - Lanys
Pandorya - Wood Elf Druid - Vazaelle

Engraverwilliam
10-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Girlfriend and I are looking for the same. I played on live back in the day she is new to EQ we are leveling to newbies at the same rate and each have an alt we play when not playing together.

Truheart
10-11-2010, 02:10 PM
check out Vesica Dei - www.vesicadei.com - we are always looking for cool folks and couples to join our growing family!

Truheart

Fahn
10-11-2010, 06:54 PM
While I don't think you are going to find a guild, on here at least, that never has the raunchy or otherwise mixed company appropriate guild chat, I do believe that if you are looking for a more mature guild with an emphasis on creating a helpful and friendly environment, BDA would be the guild for you.

You can check us out at bregan.guildlaunch.com (http://bregan.guildlaunch.com).

Send me a tell online if you have any questions about Bregan D'Aerth. I am usually on my enchanter, Mirad.

Ploppy
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't mind most guild chat, I'm just not wanting one that sounds like I am talking to 12 year olds and teens filled with angst. Cursing and off color jokes dont bug me a bit. Kids do lol.

ElanoraBryght
10-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Vesica Dei seems to have found a great mix of mature people who know how to have fun while killing serious mobs. We may have a few members who are younger than college age, but if there are it hasn't jumped out at me. I've been tagged a bit less than a month, but am having more fun now than ever. And we have quite a few RL couples / families - anyone who thinks that there aren't any real women playing EQ hasn't been in our voice chat ;)

There's the occasional - sometimes more than others - cursing both in game and in chat, but we're also pretty good about keeping it clean(er) when we know our members kids are near the screen or speakers.

Have fun looking, and I hope you find a good fit!

fishingme
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't mind most guild chat, I'm just not wanting one that sounds like I am talking to 12 year olds and teens filled with angst. Cursing and off color jokes dont bug me a bit. Kids do lol.

Well, may sound like 12year olds. But this is an almost 11year old eq emu so they are probably around 22 yrs old now. Not to mention, you know you were there at one point

Ronas
10-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Just wanted to add, why do female always play the healing classes? wats up with that?

Ronas
10-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Sorry, let me correct myself, most the time.