PDA

View Full Version : cursor popups in game

Gwence
10-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I was wondering why all of a sudden when I hover my mouse cursor over an item the name no longer pops up.

It always used to.

Im thinking it's something I inadvertently turned off or some key I hit, but I cant figure out what it is.

Anyone know?

ooantipostoo
10-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I was wondering why all of a sudden when I hover my mouse cursor over an item the name no longer pops up.

It always used to.

Im thinking it's something I inadvertently turned off or some key I hit, but I cant figure out what it is.

Anyone know?

My client started doing this also it's annoying. You can also no longer hold ALT to have all the names of items in bags pop up. Did you guys change something?

Edit: Now that I think about it this has to be something server side. I havent updated my patch files, or spell files in months and this was a recent change. As far as I know you were able to do this in classic, I was using it in beta ---> to the latest expansion on live.

halbar
10-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Make sure tooltips are enabled in general options.

Gwence
10-12-2010, 01:26 AM
I dont see any tooltips in general tab, are you talking about options before you log in to character select?

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
I was able to mess around in option and get the cursor pop up to work. holding ALT still doesnt work.

You use to be able to have your cursor above a bag(open) hold ALT and it displays pop ups of all items in the bag. You could also do this with your spell gems and it doesnt seem to work this way anymore. Dev's was something changed?

halbar
10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
It's been working fine for me since I started a few days ago.

Bushwick
10-12-2010, 07:36 PM
This happened to me once for apparent reason and persisted for days. Eventually, I restarted my computer and found the mouseovers began working again.

Ingrum
10-13-2010, 03:53 AM
It still works. It's not server side. Stop blaming the devs.

Every time that this has happened to me I had to mess around with the ALT key a lot to get it's functionality back. I've had the issue a few times and found that even tabbing out and using the ALT key in other programs worked fine but it was still bugged in the EQ client. So it's not server side and in my cases it's not a keyboard issue.

ooantipostoo
10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
It still works. It's not server side. Stop blaming the devs.

Every time that this has happened to me I had to mess around with the ALT key a lot to get it's functionality back. I've had the issue a few times and found that even tabbing out and using the ALT key in other programs worked fine but it was still bugged in the EQ client. So it's not server side and in my cases it's not a keyboard issue.

No one blamed anyone beef cake, I was just asking a question. Thanks for the reply though : )