PDA

View Full Version : Power leveling questions

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Ok so I have a couple questions for power leveling. I got around to making my first alt. I noticed some things that are incorrect. DS is being counted as dps some how.

---I should be able to pull the entire Crushbone zone with my 50 druid with DS on using sit agro getting the mobs down to about 5%. Once at 5% click DS off and have my mage PBAOE and get the exp from all mobs. Currently thats not working and my druid is doing 0 damage besides DS. Just curious how it works here. I know this worked in live use to do it pulling entire zone from Tower of frozen shadows.

ShivanAngel
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah thats not how it works on live or how it worked in classic.

Course I dont really mind, higher levels disrupting entire lowbie zones power leveling is getting really old....

Also how are you doing this? You get them low on your druid and PBAE with your mage, sounds like your boxing, unless your "wife/GF" is playing the mage...

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 11:35 AM
A guildmate is doing my mage and in return im doing his. Maybe disrupts it for 1 respawn so 15 minutes really isnt a big deal. 1 pull and we are out of the zone.

And yes it is how it works on live. I just tested it. I've been doing this forever on live, however this is my first on p99.

yaeger
10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Why don't you PL a group of lowbies that way?

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Because apparently it doesnt work correctly : (

yaeger
10-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Why would you feel the need to PL a mage anyways? They're already on easymode with a focus.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work, there have been patches where DS has been switched to neutral damage. How are you aggroing them?

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Power leveling because I want him to be 50 before Kunark and I work 50+ hours a week so don't have the time anymore. I use sit agro or hand to hand which does 0-5damage and mage PBAE does 11+.

Dantes
10-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Bind yourself outside and try gating out?

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Bind yourself outside and try gating out?

Might work if who ever is playing the mage times it perfect. Mobs should zap to 100% once disengaged.

Messianic
10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Might work if who ever is playing the mage times it perfect. Mobs should zap to 100% once disengaged.

They don't go to 100% immediately. You should have time to finish them with the other char, particularly if he's already on the hate list.

ryuut1
10-12-2010, 12:56 PM
haha, his friend is doing him then he's gonna do his friend in return. bow chicka bow wow!

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Get youre head out of the gutter you perv!

Henini
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
it should work...

try doing 0 dmg to make sure... it's easy to test, you have many ways to pull with out doing dmg as a druid.

and when you get to the early 20's pm me, ill join group so you can get group xp bonus ;)

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Tried tons of differant methods sit agro being one of them. Doesnt work

Acillatem
10-12-2010, 04:00 PM
What I do is pull a shit ton of mobs and PBAE down to 55%. Then I have aggro - they are so low they never hit me - and I let the group finish off the mobs and get XP.

Kinda ghetto - but it's fun, and I help out an entire group when I do it - not just one person so it doesn't piss off the zone - AND I try to go to out of the way places. WK bandits, Permafrost, etc etc etc.

I've done Mistmoore at low pop times, and Oasis at low pop times - but once the zone starts filling up I stop becuz I alwayz hated that shit when I was a lowbie.

ShivanAngel
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Aye please be considerate of the people trying to exp when your powerleveling... Clearing out a complete zone like CB or unrest is just bad mannered when there are 20 other people EXPing in there....

Also you are probably wiping out there camp. This happened to me and my brother twice last night.

feste
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
antipost your sig made me laugh so damn hard lol. perfectly put into words what we have all felt in eq at one time or another.

ooantipostoo
10-12-2010, 06:22 PM
antipost your sig made me laugh so damn hard lol. perfectly put into words what we have all felt in eq at one time or another.

Haha, if you liked that im sure you will enjoy the full story of this guy losing his mind. Hes a painter IRL so inhalation of fumes is understandable
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9749&highlight=souless

feste
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
so damn funny! makes me miss the old live eq boards b/c there were hundreds of those guys.