PDA

View Full Version : Pvp policy circa merger 2005 (all pvp server top guilds signed)

Platexchange
05-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Pulled this gem, another tldr but proof all servers top pvp guilds established a guild enforced pvp policy

Signed by Hate, Pandemonium, Defiant, Wudan

Declaration of PvP Etiquette
With the merger of all 4 Zek servers on Feb 8th 2005, we hope to promote a healthy PvP for all to enjoy. As the major guilds of each server, it is our responsibility to set a precidence for others to follow. The first weeks, and possibly months, of the new server will probably be chaotic to say the least, but it is our belief that if we stick to our standards, and the majority of high end guilds are willing to support, promote and enforce them, we will be able to eventually settle the server into an environment that is civil and fun for all.

We realize that the idea of fair and clean PvP may vary from guild to guild, but it is our hope that your guilds will have similar practices/polices to Defiant's Stance on PvP that is as follows:

General PvP Etiquette
-In general we will abide to the Play Nice Policy as stated by Sony for the server.
-We will not train.
-We will not bind rush.
-We will not battle-rez.
-We will not attack players/raids while engaged in battle with NPC's.
-When PvP is occurring in areas connected to safe-zones/instances, we will not use said safe-zones/instances to avoid PvP deaths and re-enter battles.

Loot and Scoot-We will practice LnS.
-In single or group PVP, upon loss, we will practice the 1 hour rule, and not return to zone for at least 1 hour.
-In mass PVP over encounters/mobs, upon loss we will concede the encounters/mobs to the prevailing party.
-In other mass PVP, we will practice the 1 hour rule as previously stated.

Our policies are a courtesy to all players in hopes to promote a healthy PvP environment for all. That being said, we realize that they are susceptible to exploitation by those who would seek to use them as an advantage against us. As already stated, we will abide to the server PNP, but those who choose to utilize our policies against us, will lose said courtesies that the PnP does not cover.

See you on the battle field,

Rayvenn,
Leader of Defiant on Vallon Zek

pink grapefruit
05-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Did not know about this. Pretty cool.

Grimjaw
05-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Defiant sounds like a bunch of babies

Slathar
05-07-2015, 11:51 AM
lol

i warp hacked 24/7 during this agreement. nothing better than training a clump of mobs on a group and then using my hotkeyed instant camp key. i also trained constantly. hilarious.

Platexchange
05-07-2015, 12:23 PM
lol

i warp hacked 24/7 during this agreement. nothing better than training a clump of mobs on a group and then using my hotkeyed instant camp key. i also trained constantly. hilarious.

Slather, which top guild were you in?

jeffd
05-07-2015, 12:26 PM
signed by the bluest guild on each server

hmmmmmmmmmm

Efwan
05-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Blueeee

Zlain
05-07-2015, 12:33 PM
if ~ALL~ you want is PvP why are you not playing Quake? Unreal tournament? Why are you playing Elf Sim?

Platexchange
05-07-2015, 12:38 PM
signed by the bluest guild on each server

hmmmmmmmmmm

Which top end raiding guilds would you consider not blue? Honest question. The point is to show you nerds that this is what has and should happen.

Slathar
05-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Slather, which top guild were you in?

pandemonium

vouss
05-07-2015, 01:06 PM
lol

Buhbuh
05-07-2015, 01:21 PM
ya, im pretty certain almost everyone during that time zoned/ warped away from pvp when nearly dying.

that "agreement" is probably why PDM still exists.

Stasis01
05-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Gona report this thread to that new forum moderator who can ban in-game.

Only one way to clean up Red99 and it's with the help of the new staff.

red99playing
05-08-2015, 12:10 AM
if ~ALL~ you want is PvP why are you not playing Quake? Unreal tournament? Why are you playing Elf Sim?

I would also like to know the answer to this.

BardPop
05-08-2015, 06:24 AM
No top guild signed that except pandemonium, which already had an alliance with defiant. There was actually quite an uproar on the hate forums at defiant trying make this policy for zek, and many people, including me, called for them to be shut down Pvp because of it.The server pnp proposed by defiant was a reflection of how they conducted themselves on VZ, and differed from both Tz and Rz. Tz had no real pnp except pdm would pvp raid any guild they wanted to shut down, and Rallos zek had a pnp but it was more lenient then defiant's proposed policy. Defiant's sought to influence when a player could engage in pvp

So because of the pnp variations in the two pnps, defiant came to see Rzs pnp as basically a dishonorable way to avoid pvp

Defiant member quoted here: Stop making excuses for your inability and dishonour to pvp without mobs. Your above post basically makes out that we can't fight defiant in pvp, so we'll have to resort to tactics that are against the pnp to stand a chance.

Don't for one second think if Defiant is about to engage a mob, and 40-50 Ascending Dawn zone in that we won't immediately stop what we are doing and come give you some fun pvp, because we will. I'm talking about the kind of trash behaviour a few members of those guilds seem to think its fine to go with.

Ascending Dawn has the same level of gear as Defiant yet is continually destroyed in pvp when it comes anywhere close to similar numbers. Therefore Mass PVP is not about numbers, it must be about something else. Perhaps its experience, i'll be pretty flat out when I say between VZ and TZ, i'm very sure that VZ has alot more guilds on some degree of similarity when it comes to gear that pvp'd one another Regularly than existed on RZ (until the release of the US WoW/EQ2).

The reason RZ's ruleset is the 'trash' that it is, is because your top guild (Ascending Dawn) encourages blue server behaviour, it wants mob Rotations, it wants everyone to live together in happy land where there is no conflict over mobs and you all agree to a calendar for mobs. When they can't get their way, they are resorting to low life trains and griefing, blatently disregarding the PnP to do anything they can to win.

They don't want to fight for mobs in any kind of honourable combat, in fact they have already proven, if they can't have their 'rotation' they will resort to whatever grief tactics they can.

Does anyone here think that 4 people present a force 'capable of standing a chance at the CBQ encounter?' no, of course we don't. How about 7 ? or a combination of around 14-17 Ascending Dawn/Destiny of Zek and Echo of Destruction ? of course you don't. You people are children living in lala land, throwing your dummies out of the pram because mommy won't buy you a lolipop.

Well, thats fine, because we will force feed you pvp, much like a child who doesn't want to eat their dinner, you will eat it, and hopefully you will learn to enjoy pvp rather than be so bitter and distasteul about it.

Don't think for one second that Defiant doesn't want PvP - talk to Ancient Dawn, we've pvp'd one another for several years, and asides from a very few incidents, its been mostly fun - sure, there is rivalry, but its friendly rivalry on the most part, and pvp is clean. We both want a mob, we fight for it, the loser cedes the zone, maybe its because both guilds are mature enough to take defeat with grace and laugh about it in tells, maybe its because Ancient Dawn and Defiant aren't such sore losers.

My view: Pnp shouldn't be unclear, if a player is engaged on mobs there needs to be either A) A global agreement that players engaged in mobs are fair game or B) a global agreement that a player engaged on mobs (aka fighting and doing damage) is not fair game and cannot be attacked until the mob is dead, and if that happens what is to say the player won't see the pk ahead of time and start running for a zone with a mob on him? Are they fair game then? Pnp should seek to answer all these questions so players can avoid suspensions and bans.

Slathar
05-08-2015, 08:42 AM
No top guild signed that except pandemonium, which already had an alliance with defiant. There was actually quite an uproar on the hate forums at defiant trying make this policy for zek, and many people, including me, called for them to be shut down Pvp because of it.The server pnp proposed by defiant was a reflection of how they conducted themselves on VZ, and differed from both Tz and Rz. Tz had no real pnp except pdm would pvp raid any guild they wanted to shut down, and Rallos zek had a pnp but it was more lenient then defiant's proposed policy. Defiant's sought to influence when a player could engage in pvp

So because of the pnp variations in the two pnps, defiant came to see Rzs pnp as basically a dishonorable way to avoid pvp

Defiant member quoted here: Stop making excuses for your inability and dishonour to pvp without mobs. Your above post basically makes out that we can't fight defiant in pvp, so we'll have to resort to tactics that are against the pnp to stand a chance.

Don't for one second think if Defiant is about to engage a mob, and 40-50 Ascending Dawn zone in that we won't immediately stop what we are doing and come give you some fun pvp, because we will. I'm talking about the kind of trash behaviour a few members of those guilds seem to think its fine to go with.

Ascending Dawn has the same level of gear as Defiant yet is continually destroyed in pvp when it comes anywhere close to similar numbers. Therefore Mass PVP is not about numbers, it must be about something else. Perhaps its experience, i'll be pretty flat out when I say between VZ and TZ, i'm very sure that VZ has alot more guilds on some degree of similarity when it comes to gear that pvp'd one another Regularly than existed on RZ (until the release of the US WoW/EQ2).

The reason RZ's ruleset is the 'trash' that it is, is because your top guild (Ascending Dawn) encourages blue server behaviour, it wants mob Rotations, it wants everyone to live together in happy land where there is no conflict over mobs and you all agree to a calendar for mobs. When they can't get their way, they are resorting to low life trains and griefing, blatently disregarding the PnP to do anything they can to win.

They don't want to fight for mobs in any kind of honourable combat, in fact they have already proven, if they can't have their 'rotation' they will resort to whatever grief tactics they can.

Does anyone here think that 4 people present a force 'capable of standing a chance at the CBQ encounter?' no, of course we don't. How about 7 ? or a combination of around 14-17 Ascending Dawn/Destiny of Zek and Echo of Destruction ? of course you don't. You people are children living in lala land, throwing your dummies out of the pram because mommy won't buy you a lolipop.

Well, thats fine, because we will force feed you pvp, much like a child who doesn't want to eat their dinner, you will eat it, and hopefully you will learn to enjoy pvp rather than be so bitter and distasteul about it.

Don't think for one second that Defiant doesn't want PvP - talk to Ancient Dawn, we've pvp'd one another for several years, and asides from a very few incidents, its been mostly fun - sure, there is rivalry, but its friendly rivalry on the most part, and pvp is clean. We both want a mob, we fight for it, the loser cedes the zone, maybe its because both guilds are mature enough to take defeat with grace and laugh about it in tells, maybe its because Ancient Dawn and Defiant aren't such sore losers.

My view: Pnp shouldn't be unclear, if a player is engaged on mobs there needs to be either A) A global agreement that players engaged in mobs are fair game or B) a global agreement that a player engaged on mobs (aka fighting and doing damage) is not fair game and cannot be attacked until the mob is dead, and if that happens what is to say the player won't see the pk ahead of time and start running for a zone with a mob on him? Are they fair game then? Pnp should seek to answer all these questions so players can avoid suspensions and bans.

anyone gona read this?

nope

Zalaerian
05-08-2015, 08:46 AM
anyone gona read this?

nope

rollin5k
05-08-2015, 10:28 AM
I think the reason some people like eq PvP is because they are able to get people upset.

I also think they lack the coordination to aim.

Fang
05-08-2015, 04:21 PM
I would rather deny LnS and sit on someone's corpse than let them come back 1 hour later with their gear and raid buffs to try to PVP my group again. LnS needs to go.

Doors
05-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Seems blue as fuck to me.

Outer
05-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Lns really doesn't need to exist when most peole here have 5 lvl 60s to cycle through due to xp bonus and being sick individuals. Hell I don't call lns ever I just go do somethingn else and come back 10 mins later.

zacharion
05-09-2015, 12:10 PM
except none of those things actually happened when all 4 combined there was more training etc. than when it wasn't combined

Luniz
05-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Will not battle rez. Lold

pgerman
05-09-2015, 02:51 PM
2005, eq was dead by 2005 . Long dead.

These guys were all ..........

STFU

NIRGON

idiot.

I know you read every post

Clark
05-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Defiant sounds like a bunch of babies

Clark
05-09-2015, 07:28 PM
2005, eq was dead by 2005 . Long dead.

These guys were all ..........

STFU

NIRGON

idiot.

I know you read every post

Actually it didn't die until 2006-2007. Was still very good in 2005.