PDA

View Full Version : tradeskill crafting enthusiasts unite!

laughinghorse
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Anyone else dig the tradeskill/crafting aspects of EQ? Spent time @ EQTraders Corner? Invested time & Plat into learning a craft? Me too! In an effort to flesh out the many elements of a crafting community here in P99, please post thoughts, accomplishments, tricks of the trades and ideas pertaining to tradeskills here.
(Forgive me If this is formated funny, it's a blackberry)

Yukona
10-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Im also a tradeskiller... My main character, an enchanter, is now level 24... 2 months ago he was... maybe 20? I spend almost all of my limted play time ( I have a job and two young children) buying, selling and crafting tradeskill items. I don't know why I like this aspect of the game so much, but I do. I know there are others, too, though Im not sure if many do it to such a degree as I do; that is, forgoing leveling for the most part.

On live in the classic era, I had a 250 skill tailor ( first or second on my server, E Marr) a 245 skill smith, a 200 plus everthing else, pottery, baking, jeweler, etc. When I quit right after Luclin (which ruined tradeskills, IMHO, via the bazzaar) My highest level character was level 44, even though I had well over 100 days /played. Back then I didnt have kids ;)

On P99 I currently limit myself to tailoring, as it was my main focus back in the day also. Ive met a number of other nice tailors on the sever as well. Ive made a small chunk of change selling ten slot bags, Wu's Armor, and the occasional bearskin potion bag or other item, but Im sure I could have made more by leveling quickly to 50 and farming plat. Once Vellious comes out, there should be alot more cool high end tailored items, which made me very wealthy (in plat) 10 years ago, but which I may not have the time to pursure now, we'll see.

I guess, just like most folks here, Im reliving my memories of classing EQ, its just that Im focused on this small corner of the game that gets ignored by 99% of people. Would love to see comments from other 'skillers as well, particularly my fellow tailors!

Yukona
High Elf Enchanter