PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Knockbacks not Working as Intended in PVP

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 09:54 AM
On live in classic era, Intelligence based Caster's were all give a low resist knockback(or stun) to use in PvP as a spell interrupt. This added the dynamic of timing spells.

Wizard-Shock of Lightning(Landed like a Lure could partial but almost never saw resist)Knockback

Mage-Shock of Blades(Landed like a Lure could partial but almost never saw resist)Knockback

Enchanter-Chaotic Feeback(Landed like Lure like all enchanter spells always landed for full)Stun

Necromancer-Poison bolt(Landed about the same rate as splurt)Knockback

Currently these spells are being resisted regularly by Low to Moderate MR/PR targets. Even at 136 MR testing 2 out of 5 Shock of Lightnings were resisted. The results were worse for the other spells.

Since Wizard's were easily one of the most prevalent classes during Classic PvP Shock of Lightning is the easiest spell to find proof for.

Here are some Excerpts from Velious/Luclin era of players talking about the spell...

I've never had Shock of Lightning fully resisted. Yes you will get partial resists on the damage, but the potential to interrupt still exists. Stick to the interrupt technique

Maybe I'm just being crazy but I think Shock of Lightning interrupts every time unless you get hit by it as you're just finishing the spell or take a step forward after being hit. I did some tests and found you can pretty much only channel spells if you end up less than 1.5 feet away from where you started casting (it doesn't matter if you ran in a 10-foot circle while casting and end up in the same place you started). SoL on the other hand has a knockback of two feet. In addition to that, I certainly noticed being interrupted in PvP more often than usual with this spell, unless I took a step forward. Explanations, anyone?

This is how it works:

All spells have a small chance to be resisted. That's why you can resist winged death or splurt sometimes in PvP even though those are basically unresistable.

However most of the time, a DD will do small damage against a target with high resists, but it won't be flat out resisted "your target resisted the draught of fire spell!".

This is why SoL is, for its usage, unresistable. Sure against a high MR target, it will do maybe 10 dmg / hit instead of expected 55 or so, but that doesn't matter, since it will still knock back.

Never really gets resisted - altho ever since 52 I rarely even use it anymore.

I mean it's ONLY use really for me is to interrupt a gate. Anything else I can handle thru great resists or stinging wort potions etc.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-Shock-of-Lightning-what-level-do-they-start-resisting-it

Here's a Screenshot of a Shock of Lightning landing on a Level 60 High MR fully buffed very well known PvP Druid from Velious/Luclin Era

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%201_zpstf1cadxx.png

Here's another

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%202_zpszrazeedo.png

Here's an example of someone's gear from that era showing the MR was close to if not higher than we have here.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png.html)

This is more proof than we have ever required to make any previous PvP change here.

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Every wizard from every guild that played Classic agrees on this, Shock of Lightning was even heavily used during the Wizard Best of the Best.

The only people who seem to disagree are from the guild Empire. Coincidentally they are vehemently protesting this classic implementation right as Velious is about to release. My guess is they fear Caster's interrupting their clerics on raids more than melee's running up and stunning.

Either way this was simply a classic mechanic and shouldn't be held to a different standard or lawyer petitioned nonsensically simply because one guild fears it will negatively impact their raids.

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 11:47 AM
in your earlier thread there was a piece of evidence matching what I've been saying

After a certain amount of channeling, this spell barely interrupted ever if at all

It was certainly great up to about 40, but fell apart hard afterwards (as far as interrupting)

None of your screenshots have someone at 180+ magic resist. None of em.

MEGANS LAW
05-18-2015, 11:51 AM
As as mage from classic to POP, I can say that Shock of Blades was indeed resisted. It hit moreso than bolts would but the entire shock series could be resisted. Mages had zero unresistable spells.

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 11:53 AM
love the second screenshot

"Major gimp. epic wizard with no drop in every slot" even written on it

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Goog quote from your link

I stoped useing it around 50. channeling getting too high and EVERY one has above 100 MR around that time

100 is high to these guys

180 just... no for Kunark / early Velious era

Seems like its pretty close to exact atm maybe a little high on the full resists but in my parsing nothing seemed off that I posted in shock thread

Your 3rd ss has nothing to do with anything related to this

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 01:35 PM
love the second screenshot

"Major gimp. epic wizard with no drop in every slot" even written on it

Which is why I posted a screenshot of DARWOTH getting sol'd by the gimp ass wizard, try to keep up.

@Haynar, as you can see members of Empire will flood the thread in minutes, offering nothing but hearsay in a clear agenda to make custom changes to the box that resemble nothing from classic.

Never in the history of Bug Reports has someone collected as much proof for a classic change and had it challenged. They all claim to have played these classes in classic era, they have all posted screenshots of their classic toons. But none of them can provide a single screenshot of these spells being resisted in PvP. And thats all it would take to give credence to their claims, but it is impossible to provide what doesn't exist.

Colgate
05-18-2015, 02:10 PM
there is nothing at all to suggest that darwoth has high magic resist

"lands like a lure" yet gets partialed to almost zero damage by an unbuffed druid who likely had <100 MR

haha

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 02:32 PM
there is nothing at all to suggest that darwoth has high magic resist

"lands like a lure" yet gets partialed to almost zero damage by an unbuffed druid who likely had <100 MR

haha

I guess if you refuse to accept all the players on sites directly stating it then you might have a point, but the fact that your guild mates are using the very same site...

Stealing off another link in the shock of lightning thread

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-Shock-of-Lightning-what-level-do-they-start-resisting-it&p=131975&viewfull=1#post131975

Lots of people are fishing in the wrong places for buffs (classic fixes tbh) to casters atm... this is the one we need most

You should not need an LoS check for casting an offensive spell on players (but should on mobs) whether indoors or outdoors

This is accurate for the server's entire timeline (day 1 - last day of Velious aka eternity here)

Having to take a Tantor's to the face every time you want to start casting a nuke ain't classic :)

Grats all solo ganker casters if this goes in.. hope this is a quick/easy fix to make.. it can be further stretched basically to "no spells cast on a player by a player should require a los check" (bolts should not go through walls, obvi but you can start the cast this way should they come around the corner before it finishes)

Melees right now are infinite endurance machines that can shred and shred and shred too... with 0 buffs / res effects not really hurting them NEARLY as much as they should

to prove other classic changes on another thread pretty much makes you look like a giant clown trying to deny it.

If you think the average MR of people was 100 velious/luclin lol then might wanna think before you speak. OR just do what I did find some proof to refute it instead of expecting us to take the word of someone who never played classic.

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Look I play a wizard and I want you to be right but claiming unresistable at 160+ is insane

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Look I play a wizard and I want you to be right but claiming unresistable at 160+ is insane

I'm not here to debate what you consider is or isn't insane, I'm here to make classic changes this isn't a what you will accept sort of deal. This isn't meet in the middle I posted more evidence that it worked like a lure vs your nothing that it didn't.

I'm sorry but that's classic, deal with it.

Luniz
05-18-2015, 02:47 PM
On live in classic era, Intelligence based Caster's were all give a low resist knockback(or stun) to use in PvP as a spell interrupt. This added the dynamic of timing spells.

Wizard-Shock of Lightning(Landed like a Lure could partial but almost never saw resist)Knockback

Mage-Shock of Blades(Landed like a Lure could partial but almost never saw resist)Knockback

Enchanter-Chaotic Feeback(Landed like Lure like all enchanter spells always landed for full)Stun

Necromancer-Poison bolt(Landed about the same rate as splurt)Knockback

Currently these spells are being resisted regularly by Low to Moderate MR/PR targets. Even at 136 MR testing 2 out of 5 Shock of Lightnings were resisted. The results were worse for the other spells.

Since Wizard's were easily one of the most prevalent classes during Classic PvP Shock of Lightning is the easiest spell to find proof for.

Here are some Excerpts from Velious/Luclin era of players talking about the spell...

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-Shock-of-Lightning-what-level-do-they-start-resisting-it

Here's a Screenshot of a Shock of Lightning landing on a Level 60 High MR fully buffed very well known PvP Druid from Velious/Luclin Era

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%201_zpstf1cadxx.png

Here's another

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Shock%20of%20Lightning%202_zpszrazeedo.png

Here's an example of someone's gear from that era showing the MR was close to if not higher than we have here.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/syft13/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/syft13/media/Darwoth%20gear_zpsbgmsedzc.png.html)

This is more proof than we have ever required to make any previous PvP change here.

Second screenshot shows SoL not interrupting the person, nor does it show a "you channeled" message

Third screenshot doesn't show anything relevant? No shock of lightning, no knockback; am I missing something?

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Second screenshot shows SoL not interrupting the person, nor does it show a "you channeled" message

Third screenshot doesn't show anything relevant? No shock of lightning, no knockback; am I missing something?

The spells landed at the same exact time so as the shock of lightning was landing on Darwoth the Scoriae was landing on Salade.

So no interrupt happened since both were done with the cast as the spells landed, rare as fuck to see, but happens.

Luniz
05-18-2015, 03:14 PM
I can tell by the sound argument and "noise" you are using to support yourself provided in this thread, that you lack higher education, and quite possibly work in fast food or retail.

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Carmine robe and being full no drop doesn't say 160+ mr to me man sorry (from the screen shot)

Honestly when I tested SoL for you in the bug thread I thought to myself

"Maybe its getting 100% resisted, I'll test, he won't, I feel bad" and I woulda said "hey at 130 range we could just have a couple partials in there instead of full every time"...

but the results I got back in my testing were damn good to me

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Carmine robe and being full no drop doesn't say 160+ mr to me man sorry (from the screen shot)

Honestly when I tested SoL for you in the bug thread I thought to myself

"Maybe its getting 100% resisted, I'll test, he won't, I feel bad" and I woulda said "hey at 130 range we could just have a couple partials in there instead of full every time"...

but the results I got back in my testing were damn good to me

I'm going to go over this with you one last time...The Wizard in the Carmine robe is irrelevant, because we has casting the sol. The SOL landed on DARWOTH the druid!

That's why I used Darwoth getting hit by SOL's as an example because he was one of the best geared newts on Sullon Zek.

This isn't argue quest Nirgon, your opinion doesn't fucking matter. WTF are you to decide what is fair in regards to an emu that is based on CLASSIC PvP. Can you give any evidence that people resisted SOL in PvP. Because I have provided tons that it wasn't.

MEGANS LAW
05-18-2015, 05:02 PM

retort syft?

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm pointing out that every person you've pointed out as not resisting shock of lightning has less than 150 MR, period.

For instance how shitty that wizard is (good for his era, dog shit here)

Or the fact that Darwoth in those SS doesn't have bard songs or even buffs in one of the screens

If he did? I bet he'd get some resists on shock but the bard wouldn't have a selo drum or be lvl 60 for instance

Darwoth has no buffs in the screenshot where the wiz zaps him and still gets a 17 dmg (low) partial

I can tell you for a fact he wasn't rocking a crown of rile, azure sky, staff of gabstik etc... he's a druid... list out his possible top end MR without buffs and see that he partials it.

Syft-X
05-18-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm pointing out that every person you've pointed out as not resisting shock of lightning has less than 150 MR, period.

For instance how shitty that wizard is (good for his era, dog shit here)

Or the fact that Darwoth in those SS doesn't have bard songs or even buffs in one of the screens

If he did? I bet he'd get some resists on shock but the bard wouldn't have a selo drum or be lvl 60 for instance

Darwoth has no buffs in the screenshot where the wiz zaps him and still gets a 17 dmg (low) partial

I can tell you for a fact he wasn't rocking a crown of rile, azure sky, staff of gabstik etc... he's a druid... list out his possible top end MR without buffs and see that he partials it.

Do you have a screenshot of someone resisting shock of lightning because at this point your being ridiculous.

You can't ask for proof get it and then offer nothing more than your opinion to refute the proof.

Post a screenshot of someone resisting sol or move on.

Come On I've posted people saying they never saw it resisted, screenshots of high mr targets with it landing.

Didn't you play a Wizard all through classic? Didn't you post screenshots of your character from classic? If you can't find a single screenshot of someone resisting it when you claim you saw it all the time I don't know what to tell you.