PDA

View Full Version : New - Enthusiastic - Dilemma

gmoneybags
10-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Hey! I just recently found out about P1999, and have been thoroughly interested since. I will be joining the P1999 ranks here soon, however, I am not new to Everquest. I started playing Everquest post LDoN, started with a Wizard, got him to level 30 then quickly changed my main to Beastlord. I fell in love and never looked back.

So ... I do realize classic was before this time, however I loved Everquest, and not a single MMO has touched on the experience that Everquest had to offer.

I cannot wait to dive into classic, however, I have a dilemma.

I am currently a student at a university, and torrenting of anything is highly prohibited, if i were to be caught torrenting on campus our internet could be shut off for the remainder of the year.

Is there anyway I could obtain a copy of Titanium, through sending of files, whatever instead of a torrent or purchase of a copy of Titanium. At the worst I will have to wait a month or so until I go home for break, but I would love to play in my free time as soon as possible

Khaz
10-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Haven't done it in a while but I recall being able to transfer through AIM. If someone had the titanium file and sent it to you it should work I imagine.

I don't have it or i'd offer.

Yam
10-16-2010, 01:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Everquest-Titanium-Edition-Classic-10-Expansions-/330484526839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf269aef7

Virtuosos
10-16-2010, 01:50 AM
go off campus to the local starbucks, download for an hour a day until its done :p

Messianic
10-16-2010, 08:23 AM
go off campus to the local starbucks, download for an hour a day until its done :p

This. do you have a laptop? If so, just visit your local BK or Mcdonalds. They have Wifi, and you could get a drink or something while you chill and download...

If you have any friends with an ftp setup, they could get the file and you could also download directly from them...

halbar
10-16-2010, 09:04 AM
I wonder if you can download EQ Trilogy from SOE and then get a zip of the titanium files to put on top of that. Anyone know which files are different? Or roughly how big? I may even download it myself to find out. :D

Oh and good luck torrenting on Starbucks or McDonalds wifi. It is probably so slow that you will need to go in there every day for 8 hours a day for 3 weeks before it finishes. This does not account for them kicking you out for sitting there for 3 hours sipping a diet coke while you torrent.

oldhead
10-16-2010, 01:22 PM
newgroups or IRC

Lazortag
10-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Why do we provide a link to the titanium iso again? Shouldn't we support sony monetarily at least somewhat?

Valroth66
10-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Why do we provide a link to the titanium iso again? Shouldn't we support sony monetarily at least somewhat?

I'd personally rather donate 20$ to the server than to Sony.

Orov
10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I'd personally rather donate 20$ to the server than to Sony.

that

Wizerud
10-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Pretty sure the vast majority of people have paid for the expansions at some point, maybe multiple times.

Combo
10-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Use utorrent.

Turn on transfer encryption.

Kassel
10-16-2010, 04:37 PM

I dont even want to figure out how many hundreds of dollars i have given sony over the past 10 years.

Kich
10-16-2010, 07:54 PM
If you have someone off-campus who can download it for you, you can set up an FTP transfer of the iso files. That's how I handled it. But, that kinda requires knowing someone who knows how to do that.

Serith
10-16-2010, 08:16 PM
There are plenty of sites that give direct links from file hosts like Megaupload, Rapidshare, Fileserve, etc.