PDA

View Full Version : Items with #charges in p1999

rittmeister
05-21-2015, 03:19 PM
hi guys!
I'm just wondering how P1999 handles items that have a certain amount of charges for a proc/effect.
I always hated this stupidity in original EQ, because even if the effect was crap it made me feel like I hat a used up inferior item after the charges were depleted, and I didn't even want to use them in the first place, because I was afraid I would just waste them when I needed them more later one.
Now, if it is the same as in the original, I know there's some (expensive) tricks to get your item re-charged, but I think the whole idea of these charges is stupid and one of the biggest BS ideas Verant ever had.

I'd love to see ways implemented to re-charge items officially for a sensible price.
We could have NPC merchants in Qeynos+Freeport+Cabilis to deal with that job.
The price should be high, but reasonable. Like items that have "bind affinity" charges should cost about 2-3 times the going rate that casters get paid for binding people,
and damage effects should of course also have a reasonable cost, as well as a limit like only be rechargeable once a week or so (depending on their power!).

What do you think about that?
PS. I'm just a lv 9 newb, and don't even have any such items yet. I just remembered how I hated this BS in original EQ, and I see no reason why P1999 can't fix it.

Pint
05-22-2015, 12:46 AM
get out while you still can

Clark
05-22-2015, 12:47 AM
?

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-22-2015, 12:57 AM
p99 does not want to fix it. give it time. by the time you get into recharge territory, you will prolly be in a guild that helps hook you up. it works as is. sandbox is sandbox. we fix things ourselves by figuring out player-based solutions.

yeah, baby

Donruss
05-22-2015, 01:14 AM
"Player based solutions" lol more like a bunch if glitch b*tches

I will do OP a favor and explain what everyone is talking about. There is a way to recharge items that are droppable on this server. It involves selling to vendors and buying back. Super glitchy, I don't like it. Feels like cheating. That having been said, I recharge my wc cap everytime I go do something dangerous in this game.

eisley
05-22-2015, 02:42 AM
for instance, a "good" monk will typically carry a Midnight Mallet (5 charges of 35% slow), Slowstone Amber (3 charges of 65% slow), Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap (1 charge of WC port), 5+ Wooly Spider Silk Net (3 charges of 90 sec root/60dd), Reaper of the Dead (1 charge of CH), and maybe a Soulfire (5 charges of CH) or Puppet Strings (10 charges of 49 enc Charm)

in certain situations, they are very important. although they are classic and I have no problem with them and certainly use them liberally myself, I tend to agree that they fall into the category of "not classic experience," despite being part of an "uber guild" for years on live, I never saw charged items used in such a manner. I do, however, remember Puppet Strings being used by MT's for aggro, I believe this was a pivotal part of our Nexona strat before Velious. Memory is hazy though.

Brocode
05-22-2015, 02:56 AM
"Player based solutions" lol more like a bunch if glitch b*tches

I will do OP a favor and explain what everyone is talking about. There is a way to recharge items that are droppable on this server. It involves selling to vendors and buying back. Super glitchy, I don't like it. Feels like cheating. That having been said, I recharge my wc cap everytime I go do something dangerous in this game.

Hypocrisy right there.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-22-2015, 03:17 AM
well, just stick to the op's question tho. I think the question is, is/can this pita system be replaced, but the server uses recharges all the time, and by the time he/she gets to those levels will see how it works.

Whether or not these things should be allowed is a diff debate. But there is a hella lot of stuff this server has figured out that falls in that category, so that is a can of worms.

tl;dr the recharge system is in game as is, and it works b/c players.

Donruss
05-22-2015, 04:11 AM
Hypocrisy right there.

Guilty

Caridry
05-22-2015, 02:06 PM

paulgiamatti
05-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Guide To Recharging Items (http://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_To_Recharging_Items)

rittmeister
05-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Guide To Recharging Items (http://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_To_Recharging_Items)
I have read that before posting. I think it's retarded that people have to exploit a bug for recharging and it should be fixed so it can be done officially.
Personally I hate #charges on great gear, they should all be nerfed and replaced with something on the weapon that is permanent, like weaker procs that don't have to be recharged - or as I wrote initially, a merchant that you can visit to pay for a recharge or something like that.

EQJubilee
05-22-2015, 04:12 PM
P99 devs do not want to fix any bugs or improve the game, they want to create a classic experience, bugs and all. Therefore, they are also not going to change game mechanics to make the game better either.

rittmeister
05-24-2015, 12:14 PM
P99 devs do not want to fix any bugs or improve the game, they want to create a classic experience, bugs and all. Therefore, they are also not going to change game mechanics to make the game better either.
not true.
they are fixing whatever they feel is good for P1999. Like changes in PVP rules on red.
and that's good. Makes no sense to stubbornly do everything as bad as Verant did.
I'm not holding my breath though about this issue.

Donruss
05-24-2015, 12:27 PM
I feel like they tend to error on the side of classic. I like that they stick to their guns to create classic everquest. Makes the server predictable.

I can not comment on the raid scene as I know nothing about it. But quests, mobs, and zones all feel classic to me.

Calibretto
05-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Err* on the side of classic.

paulgiamatti
05-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Personally I hate #charges on great gear, they should all be nerfed and replaced with something on the weapon that is permanent, like weaker procs that don't have to be recharged

This would require a massive amount of recoding, and it would be wholly unclassic. It won't happen.

or as I wrote initially, a merchant that you can visit to pay for a recharge or something like that.

If they were going to do whatever was in line with Verant's original vision, they'd just simply nerf the sell and buyback exploit and be done with it.

Reproducing the egregious flaws of classic EverQuest, assuming they don't create game-breaking advantages/disadvantages for people, is exactly what this server is all about. Sometimes things need to be changed or rules instated; barring this, at the end of the day the idea is to be as classic as reasonably possible.

Champion_Standing
05-24-2015, 01:27 PM

Donruss
05-24-2015, 01:31 PM

I may start adopting this policy. It is too late for me, but others may still be able to be saved.

The server and the people are awesome. But getting someone hooked to eq still does not seem like a nice thing to do. Especially if the person has been previously exposed to the addiction.