PDA

View Full Version : Plane of Mischief Memories

XDrake
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I wanted to talk to folks about something dear to me in EQ... The Plane of Mischief. :) I have a long wait until Velious, but seeing it restored is something I've wanted the minute I heard about P99.

I wanted to share why it was special to me...

I was in a guild on Erolissi Marr during the Kunark launch era to just a month before Luclin that shaped my EQ experience. We formed after we did lots of pick up groups into Nurga...

Founded by a husband and wife they were the GL and AGL. Together we did Nurga, Drooga, one of the first Sarnak Queen kills on the server, and were one of the first fully keyed into Howling Stones guilds. We even were doing Veeshan's Peak at Velious launch.

Velious we really shined... Killing dragons in WW and pushing into the depths of DN. Killing the Frost Giant King and joining with two guilds to take down Tunare... We were very close. I still remember getting late night calls to go do epic piece kills.

Little did we know drama was brewing. One night in Crystal Caverns raid the GL or AGL didn't log in. We found out at the end of the night he abandoned his wife and kids to go be with one of the first officers in RL. He came on that night after the raid, told us she was the new AGM, and kicked out his still wife.

The guild split into multiple pieces.

I was disgusted by everything. With school starting up I knew I was too deep into EQ... And, kind of at the end. I had no interested in Luclin. Velious seemed like the end of the game for me. One night with a bard I did a run to Plane of Mischief... Cost me two EEs rezzing myself from failed attempts. Finally, I got into PoM.

I spent a week there every evening solving puzzles... Getting my deck and trying to figure out the zone was fun. Dancing Sphinx... Life the death touching flower... On the forums I was working with folks to figure out words of wealth. I did get myself a full set of Necromancer armor and got my buddy his Crazy Cleric Legs. Wasn't super elite, but the flowers of functionality were priceless.

Plane of Mischief kept me playing for 4-5 months. Spending hours there questing was refreshing in a time that I was burned out by raiding. I had invites to some okay guilds, but I preferred to remain untagged.

I feel I was one of many people who kind of were at the end with EQ... It was our sunset with the game's development and this was our little club.

Fawqueue
10-17-2010, 06:29 PM
I remember the first time I entered Plane of Taco Bell. Everything gives you food poisoning, so I never went back.

That's my memories of the Plane of Taco Bell.

Pyrocat
10-18-2010, 01:57 AM
I spent a week there every evening solving puzzles... Getting my deck and trying to figure out the zone was fun. Dancing Sphinx... Life the death touching flower... On the forums I was working with folks to figure out words of wealth. I did get myself a full set of Necromancer armor and got my buddy his Crazy Cleric Legs. Wasn't super elite, but the flowers of functionality were priceless.

If you can remember the details, or still have notes, please post them. There's precious little information about PoM v1, and what you can find on google has already been used up.

XDrake
10-18-2010, 06:44 AM
http://www.planeofmischief.com <---Covers it all.

azeth
10-18-2010, 08:05 AM
http://uploadpic.org/storage/originals/thumb_9reslknjsj24j2dsr2238n3dsj.png

^ she will be mine, again.

Pyrocat
10-20-2010, 02:49 AM
http://www.planeofmischief.com <---Covers it all.

It doesn't quite, but thank you for trying.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Xdrake what was your char's name on there? Remember Tokum or Iizzard?

Tokum was my gnOme cleric, I was Afflictions cleric bound there for res's for the longest time...

Iizzard was iksar necro RL friend of mine, also in Affliction

Iizzard did most the quest in there, and I fooled around here and there, admittedly I was mostly only there as a ez free res at zone in lol

edit: Was looking at some of Iizzard's old SS's of back then, he has a few of the Chessboard in there and few other things.